So.........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowbait

Reaction score
Nothing better than spending your day brewing. Then running out to the garage and finding the little neighbor kids cleaning out there grass hopper catchers in your 70 dg. wort. NO!!!!!! Oh well maybe I will give this batch to there father.

Reason #4,372 why NOT to have (or live near) children...drunken midget ankle bitin crumb snatchers...pre-useful, sticky, and annoying...I feel for your loss...you should clean your brew kettle in their kiddie pool!!! And my dog would never crap ANYWHERE but in that lawn...if they can't keep THEIR beasts under control, neither can I :D

Reason #4,372 why NOT to have (or live near) children...drunken midget ankle bitin crumb snatchers...pre-useful, sticky, and annoying...I feel for your loss...you should clean your brew kettle in their kiddie pool!!! And my dog would never crap ANYWHERE but in that lawn...if they can't keep THEIR beasts under control, neither can I :D

a great post from a person with "i work with crazy kids" as their custom text hehe

a great post from a person with "i work with crazy kids" as their custom text hehe

Reason #2 why NOT to have children...I work with crazy kids...really...not hyperbole or euphemism...I work with psychotic children...best birth control EVER :rockin:

so they were dumping grasshoppers into it? or grass/dirt? did you pitch yet? I'd probably try to save it anyway. The kids would be another story.

Demotivational-pictures-legendary_Thread.jpg

On a more serious note, if you hadn't pitched yet just bring the wort back to a boil to kill off any baddies.

I didn't find any grasshoppers thank god. They were just stirring it with there catchers. Hopefully I won't find any legs in the trub! First and last time I brew with the garage door open. Had no time to reboil so I'm relaxing and having a nice homebrew right now. Maybe I just figured out the secret to nailing a Old Milwaukee clone.

I didn't find any grasshoppers thank god. They were just stirring it with there catchers. Hopefully I won't find any legs in the trub! First and last time I brew with the garage door open. Had no time to reboil so I'm relaxing and having a nice homebrew right now. Maybe I just figured out the secret to nailing a Old Milwaukee clone.

Epic status achieved :mug:

Thank you, I REALLY needed a good laugh!!!

This needs to be reposted in the recipe forum...

crowbait said:

Thats the attitude. I often think about how long people have been brewing beer when things start getting overly complicated or someone is rallying on some minute brewing detail.

I like to use my grasshoppers as late additions, really helps the aroma come through. Also found that dryhooping with them doesn't work very well, they just get drunk and start hitting on my sister.

I think grasshoppers work better in the primary. When they swim around they keep the yeast in suspension so the fermentation goes quicker! This is also a good way to restart a stuck batch, just repitch some grasshoppers to get the yeast working again! :tank:

First to the "i hate kids" people . .aww come on, you were kids too. I've got a couple and kids will be kids.
Second, if my kids did that I'd set fire to them and throw them off the deck.
Third, enter this beer into a competition or something. You'll probably win.

I like to use my grasshoppers as late additions, really helps the aroma come through. Also found that dryhooping with them doesn't work very well, they just get drunk and start hitting on my sister.

I think grasshoppers work better in the primary. When they swim around they keep the yeast in suspension so the fermentation goes quicker! This is also a good way to restart a stuck batch, just repitch some grasshoppers to get the yeast working again! :tank:

kids will be kids.
Second, if my kids did that I'd set fire to them and throw them off the deck.

Insects are protein. Good for head retention.

Complete Joy of Homebrewing with Papa-Zian and Bear Grylls :ban:

How about dog poop...find any of that in there?

just the dog, why not all your family and friends?

Nothing better than spending your day brewing. Then running out to the garage and finding the little neighbor kids cleaning out there grass hopper catchers in your 70 dg. wort. NO!!!!!! Oh well maybe I will give this batch to there father.

Never leave wort unattended.

Also, just bring that wort back up to a boil, cool it again and pitch the yeast.

Edworts Grasshopper Haus Ale with a first time FWG is bubbling away. Let's see what happens. Think I can still add 5 gallons to the how many thread?

Almost pissed myself.

Back