So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying an experimental brew. A while back I had a Mosaic IPA on tap and a Patersbier. I had to switch the keg line from one to the other so when I did that, the line was full of IPA. I poured a little of the Patersbier just to flush it out, so I had a little glass of a blend of each. I tasted it and it was really good! So this weekend I'm doing a Patersbier generously hopped with Mosaic.

You gotta report back on that one!!!

Was going to brew 10 gallons of Galaxy-forward neipa this Saturday, even have a big 1318 starter running right now. Then I checked the pipeline and realized after I keg the batch of Juicy Bits that's on the last dry hop right now there won't be any empty kegs to fill :drunk:

16 kegs full of beer, no empties. First Homebrewing World Problem ;)
I volunteer to help you empty one... just send it my way. ;j

29 lbs of grain for a five gallon batch! :yes:
F5934AB8-5E2C-4B8F-B6DE-5EB99A2091A4.jpeg

Almost ready to lauter the mash for the Galaxy Smash. Once it's in the BK, it's time to keg up the american Strong I brewed a few weeks ago, and hope I have enough left for some bottles that are also ready to go. It's in my 7.5g carboy so can't really tell how much is in there, but should get close to a half gallon for bottling.

Last edited:
Brewing a Westly 12 Clone this afternoon! I just hope this 530 yeast is up to the task.
Not seeing the huge krausen I was hoping for, but then again my starters rarely have them.

IMG_6397.JPG

Just mashed in...

Making a hibiscus saison today! First brewday in about 3 months so I am scrambling to get everything together but so far, no boo boos. Using Nelson Sauvin hops and wlp565 as well as hibiscus flowers. Never have I used these ingredients before today.

I know, right?? LOL

Last edited:
Just mashed in...

Making a hibiscus saison today! First brewday in about 3 months so I am scrambling to get everything together but so far, no boo boos. Using Nelson Sauvin hops and wlp565 as well as hibiscus flowers. Never have I used these ingredients before today.

I know, right?? LOL

I will be brewing one of these in two weeks. Always a fan favorite

Missed brewing on the weekend so did it today. NB Phat Tyre All Grain Fat Tire clone, added a few extra pounds of Crisp Amber to up the ABV % hoping to get 6% after FG in 3 weeks, O.G 1.060, fermenting with SafAle 04 at a lower temp, 64°-66° to cut back on some of the fruity esters. Should be ready close to NFL pre season!

Last edited:
Brewed 5g of common room esb yesterday. Craziest brew day in awhile, had to run off at the end of the mash to pick up a sick kid, and leave again mid boil to take another kid to piano...

I brewed some kind of weird GermanCzech mashup yesterday, 1.060 full of Pils, Vienna and Munich, hopped with Saaz and threw in a big starter of Kolsch yeast. Light Bock? Imperial Kolsch? IDK, but it's humming away in the keezer and will be tapped for the first day of NFL training camp.

brewing 10 gallons of a citra rye ipa tomorrow with a friend, half will get oyl-dipa, other half will get oyl-Hornindal

Going for a third attempt at a tropical lager with some Hallertau Blanc. I'm looking for a balanced taste while keeping as much of the hints of grapefruit and passion fruit in the aroma.

Still debating whether to use Imperial's "Global" strain rather than the WL "SF Lager".

I've been having some suck-back issues and oxygen giving my lagers off flavors, so this time I get to try out the Spike Brewing CF-15 and take advantage of the temperature control, cold crashing w/o the suck back issues and pressure transferring.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this one wont go down the drain like its predecessors.

Cascade/Mosaic IPA brewed a couple weeks ago went south (yeast issues) so will brew a replacement this Sunday with straight 2-row and only Mosaic pellets. Bigger than usual paycheck means I can stock up on grain and propane as well. Will also be the first brew where I'll try conditioning the grain before milling, to see what difference it might make.

Second brew in the Grainfather. An Irish Red Ale. Slightly above style in ABV with 11 lbs of Golden Promise being the bulk of the grain.

My first brew in the Grainfather just went in the keg last night. A Belgian Witbier. Tasted amazing, can’t wait to get it carbed up.

Trying out a Kolsch extract pitching US-05 Ale yeast. Just hoping for a decent beer. Following up brew day with my last batch, a Mosaic Medley from Great Fermentations.
IMG_1617.JPG

Gonna go big (hopwise) for Independence Day and brew my first DIPA... Even bought OYL052 just for the task!

Now I have to go through the inventory to see which hops to use. Hopefully it will put a dent in my 5#+ that currently reside in the freezer.

Ingredients on deck for a Wallonian Farmhouse Ale Saturday. Gonna use Citra, maybe to low 30s IBU, and a light dry hop, see how that plays with the esters.

Did my darndest to hold on to the last 1/3 keg of Czech lager I was trying to keep for upcoming competitions, but temptation won out; so since we have about 6 weeks before those entries are due brewing up another batch tomorrow. Will do it WF as the Mosaic Smash currently occupying the ferment fridge won't be ready for crashing for another week, but the best lagers I've done since I started them have been warm fermented. Looking forward to a nice, slow-paced relaxing brewday tomorrow (yes I know it will probably wind up a ratrace but I can dream, can't I?).

I'll be brewing a Bell's Two Hearted clone tomorrow using the recipe they provide in their kits, their house yeast from Imperial and their 'Centennial Select' hops (they claim are the same hops they use in the actual beer)....I'm guessing it will be close to the original!

Back