So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about it ;) The El Fuerte accidental strong ale ended up being so good I drank all but one during the last weekend and now I wanna do a new batch and maybe even amp it up a wee bit more, maybe a little towards an IPA.

I'm brewing another NEIPA this weekend. The plan was to do a dry hopped imperial Cali common, but I couldn't get the Nelson hops, so I'm doing a hop variation of the beer I brewed last time (which came out very tasty).

Hops will be Galaxy, Mosaic and Citra (the standard triad, as I like to think of them). Should be juicy.

Best Bitter tonight... using WYeast West Yorkshire for the first time in a long while. I got away from brewing British styles for a number of years but back in full force!

Thinking about it ;) ... maybe a little towards an IPA.

Just finished the brewday checklist a.k.a. washed what needed to be washed, carried a lap full of kettles pots cups and whatnot to the garage as well as put some previous HB to the fridge. Tomorrow gonna measure the hops and be just about ready to flame up when the kids go to bed. A "little towards an IPA" turned out to be a 10% 100IBU Imperial monster :D

20170407_220908517cd.jpg

Strike water heating up :D

my lagering closet id full and I have a friend who wants a light beer brewed up for a party next month
So I am going brew up my famous CORN HOLLIO but pitch chico instead a lager yeast. It is a recipe styled after an American Beer using corn for 1/3 the grist. A IBU of 9.87 of saaz
I think it has little ABV, pale color and little to no taste, but I have a lot of friends who think it is the best beer in the world because I brew it up at around 7 percent.
What can I say, part of the brewing hobby is drinking with friends and not all my friends like good beer, so I have this on tap all the time and they love it. My other friends just roll their eyes.:rolleyes:

Gunna try and get a golden promise and comet smash on Sunday. Been hanging on to this comet for a while glad it's getting done love gives me confidence.

Gunna try and get a golden promise and comet smash on Sunday. Been hanging on to this comet for a while glad it's getting done love gives me confidence.

Let me know how this one turns out. Started using Comet a few months ago ad really love what this one can do.

Taking the first runnings for my Good Humans clone. Going extremely slow, and I am worried I might get stuck. Pray for me lol

20170408_084148.jpg

10 gallons of cascade house Ale planned for tomorrow with a bunch of new equipment. Super excited to try my new Wilserbrewer bag!

Waiting for my buddy who wants to learn how to brew to get here. Then I will be brewing a cucumber lime saison.

I hope you your buddy have a great day brewing. I just wanted to point out what irritates the crap out of me and get it off my chest. Me and many members of our club have taught friends, family, neighbors and anyone else who wants to learn. They get really excited about it, I try to let them get hands on experience which usually makes the day longer. The next time you talk to them about brewing they say they don't have the money to buy equipment or have time. I should have put this in pet peaves thread.
Thanks for listening.

I hope you your buddy have a great day brewing. I just wanted to point out what irritates the crap out of me and get it off my chest. Me and many members of our club have taught friends, family, neighbors and anyone else who wants to learn. They get really excited about it, I try to let them get hands on experience which usually makes the day longer. The next time you talk to them about brewing they say they don't have the money to buy equipment or have time. I should have put this in pet peaves thread.
Thanks for listening.

Yes. This is currently the same exact situation I'm in.

But he is bringing lots of beer, so there's that...

I am 15 min into the boil for Yooper's Fizzy Yellow Beer. Pre Boil = 6 gal @ 1.052

Ended up at 87% mash efficiency, 80% brewhouse efficiency. 5 gal @ 1.058 in the fermenter.

View attachment 395832

Beautiful day to brew in Florida! I always say this is the kind of Florida spring day that tricks Yankees like me into moving here.

That looks like a gorgeous day to be brewing!

Like trecheroustexan up above, I'm also waiting for a buddy to show up who is wanting to learn how to brew. Buddy is a huge fan of doppelbocks, so we're doing that today. :tank:

I'm in the middle of my mash. Stayed up too late last night. Slept in later than usual and spent time doing other stuff when I should have got on brewing. I decided to scale up the batch earlier in the week so I can do some splits and thus had some more recipe planning to do anyway so decided to put it off until sunday then changed my mind and got going after lunch. Took longer than anticipated to adjust the water treatments and other bits and pieces, took longer than anticipated to heat my hot liquor (usually would start that as soon as a wake up). I'll be pitching by sunset I hope.

Aiming at a robust porter at 1.062. 5gal will be straight. 5gal will get 400g each lactose, maltodextrose, 150g cacao nib and vanilla pods. Bittering is straight herkules for 35IBU with willimette at 15 and knock out for a total of 40IBU. 76% pale, 6% each chocolate, crystal and dextrine, 5% oats, 1% black patent. Yeast is closest maybe to WY1332?

Weather is looking less windy in the morning. Looking good if I can get started early enough.

Let me know how this one turns out. Started using Comet a few months ago ad really love what this one can do.

I ended up brewing it. Had some problems breaking my carboy and all but I hit my mash pH and Temp on the nose. remind me in a couple weeks and I'll let you know how it tastes.

I haven't been able to brew in two months due to moving, and this weekend I'll finally be able to get back to it. To say I'm excited would be an understatement....

Got a 10 gallon batch of ESB cued up for tomorrow morning. 1.7 liter starter of S-04 in the fridge, 18 lbs+- of grain, and water resembling Dublin Ireland ready to get heated in the morning. Got empty kegs waiting to be filled.

Since my hard lemonade project went belly up after already buying the DME sugar and yeast etc might as well grab a coopers tin from the store today and whip up a bucket of real ale. Might even make it a bitter with some hop tea.

I've finally got things in just about enough order than I'm brewing up an emergency extract batch tomorrow.

Haven't figured out yet if I'm going for a hoppy pale or something British but I desperately need to fill a keg so probably something hoppy

Back