So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to brew this weekend, and am planning on it, but not sure if it will happen. Made two starters this morning for a split batch of saison (565 and 565+Brett C mix).

Planning my first step mash - ferulic acid rest, then sacch rest.

I haven't decided yet, I've brewed 4 out of the last 7 days, so I was thinking of having a drinking day. I am planning on putting my pliny clone in secondary and dry hopping. That means I still have 3 in the pipeline, but I'd like to get one more going, since the pliny and continously hopped IPA still have between a week and 10 days until they are done with secondary/dry hopping and the maibock has 10 days of fermentation and a month of lagering.

I want to brew this weekend, and am planning on it, but not sure if it will happen. Made two starters this morning for a split batch of saison (565 and 565+Brett C mix).

Planning my first step mash - ferulic acid rest, then sacch rest.

I have a stepped mash planned for a Two Jokers clone but just havent had the motivation to brew it yet. the real issue is I have to divide the grist and sour mash 1/4 of it for a couple days before I brew the rest. Hopefully itll be worth it, good luck with yours! Do you batch or fly sparge?

I am going to make a ipa with Belgian pilser malt instead of pale malt
hops magnum , Columbus and Citra

I have a stepped mash planned for a Two Jokers clone but just havent had the motivation to brew it yet. the real issue is I have to divide the grist and sour mash 1/4 of it for a couple days before I brew the rest. Hopefully itll be worth it, good luck with yours! Do you batch or fly sparge?

BIAB, but sometimes sparge, sometimes don't. I'm maxing out the capacity of my baby system for this brew, so I'll probably need the volume from a separate sparge.

That's a good beer. Where'd you get the recipe from?

Collecting my last runnings now for a choc coffee oatmeal cream stout. It's a balmy 18deg feels like 3deg in mich but luckily I brew in the garage and it's really not that cold, fairly pleasant actually.

BIAB, but sometimes sparge, sometimes don't. I'm maxing out the capacity of my baby system for this brew, so I'll probably need the volume from a separate sparge.

That's a good beer. Where'd you get the recipe from?

I got it from the Boulevard dude that hands out on BA. I can PM you the recipe if youd like.

I am thinking I will do the 1/4 girst that has to be sour mashed as BIAB as it seems that would be easiest. I may end up doing a 10 gallon batch since its going to be so much work anyway.

I got it from the Boulevard dude that hands out on BA. I can PM you the recipe if youd like.

I am thinking I will do the 1/4 girst that has to be sour mashed as BIAB as it seems that would be easiest. I may end up doing a 10 gallon batch since its going to be so much work anyway.

Sure, more out of curiosity than anything else.

Assuming you add the sour mash portion to the end of the regular mash? Run off first or add the whole thing?

Sure, more out of curiosity than anything else.

Assuming you add the sour mash portion to the end of the regular mash? Run off first or add the whole thing?

Well I guess it not technically a sour mash haha you mash the first part, collect runnings, and then add lacto for a few days. Then I would add that prior to the boil with the rest of the wort. PM incoming.

Brewing my base Saison this weekend with a blend of 3724 and 3726. Changing out munich for vienna as well.

Tomorrow, Friday morning, going for a Columbus IPA, 6 gallon. The weather is supposed to be nice, 65 degrees & not much wind & everything is ready to go. I am ready to get a pipeline going.

Finally getting around to an ESB found here on HBT and possibly a ten gallon batch of co3c that I'm splitting and modifying 5 gallons of. All depends on whether or not I finally get ambitious enough to wash and sanitize 50 bottles....running out of fermenters (which I suppose isn't a bad thing) and also storage space

Tomorrow, Friday morning, going for a Columbus IPA, 6 gallon. The weather is supposed to be nice, 65 degrees & not much wind & everything is ready to go. I am ready to get a pipeline going.

Good luck... I've packaged 15 gal since 12/15/14 and it's almost all gone.

I need to brew a lot more.

Deciding between
GLB Edmond Fitsgerald clone or an English bitter both recipes I found on the forum.
Off to Label Peelers in the next hour. I'll fill the HLT later today so the 45° water can be at room temp in the morning.

Tomorrow 1.5 Gallon Sample batch of my new English Barleywine recipe. I also need to keg 5g of Dunkel and 5g of Scwhartzbier, and If theres time ill do a 1.5G RIS

The local brewpub did a brew-in event last night for the club they have. During the day, the brewmaster brewed a Wheat Wine, but took the extra runnings and gave 5 gallons of wort each to anyone who wanted to participate. Still trying to decide exactly how to finish off that wort. I'd like to do a little something different than just a typical wheat beer. We are all supposed to samples of the finale beer we make to the April meeting for all to get tastes.

Anyways, probably boil that up tonight and see where it takes me.

Got the Brewhaus setup for brewing this weekend: BFD Kroupa-Bohemian New World Pilsner, a classic clean, clear and malty Bohemian Pilsner lager that forgets those grassy, old world hops to rock the next big thing...Mosaic Hops...mango, lemon, citrus, earthy pine...(that's the New World part) 6.5% ABV. Ready in ~6 weeks.
!!!NO PEACHES OR PUMPKINS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS LAGER!!!
Prost...

IMG_2379.jpg

Brewing my blonde ale 2.0 on Sunday. Just began my starter with Irish ale yeast wlp004. Had small amount of yeast collected so I'll step up 3 times.

First brew of the year today. Doing an American Amber, probably going to enter it in a competition if it gets done in time. Little nervous, I'm doing a 3 gallon batch, full boil. Never done one before.

Mashing an Oktoberfest Marzen right now and this time from a recipe Yooper posted a while ago. I screwed up my 1st try at an Oktoberfest big time and can't stand the fact I failed at something so easy so since I have plenty of time to lager I am doing it again with her recipe.

Did the wheat beer today. Had 5 gallons of wort from the brew pub, so added 2 gallons of water for my boil off and added 2 lbs. of dry wheat extract.

Added the zest of 2 small grapefruit and 3 oranges. Then added about 2 ounces of grated ginger. Added that to the boil at about 12 minutes left in the boil.

OG ended up about 1.050. Added Wyeast 1010. We'll see where this goes. I'm not usually wheat brewer, so I wasn't completely sure where to take this. I hope the ginger is something a little different than the typical wheat since we will all be sharing our versions in April with everyone who participated.

Just put pitched on a pale ale and its parti-gyle baby brother is on the stove to boil now. I guess the baby is a blonde?

I'm brewing an RIS. its just about to start boiling, shooting for an OG of 1.107 as soon as it is in the fermenter I will be brewing an amber with centennial and cascade.

Just finished a 12hr brewday (Including cleanup) of a majority ale for my son. Og was 1.128 on a big american barleywine. Will be adding 4lbs of sugar over the next few days. Did a second runnings English place ale. :)

Tomorrow Jamil's Special Bitter with WL Burton Ale Yeast. Hope it turns out tasty.

Back