So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be brewing a helles at some point. Making a point to brew a helles about every 3rd brew. I just love that style...

Not I. Though I did just whip up 10 gallons of session ale featuring all Simcoe all the time. Time will be the judge of quality.

If everything goes as planned I'll try out my new Big Mouth Bubbler by brewing an all grain Chocolate Milk Stout on Saturday. I got tired of cramming 4 oz of vokdka-swelled cacao nibs through the narrow neck of a standard carboy.

Have a RIS planned. Splitting up the malt from the specialty grains. Going to do a second or third beer from the second runnings... We'll see where that goes

Lagunitas IPA clone either tomorrow or Sunday. More geared toward Sunday so I don't have to watch the super bowl.

Hey I'm looking for a recipe. I had a beer the other day that was dry hopped in the secondary but I can't find a recipe its not an IPA the hopps are
Added for flavor and not bitterness and not in the boil, can anyone recommend

I'm 30 minutes into a 60 minute mash of my NB Surley Bender. If I can't buy it here, I'm brewing it myself! Only difference from their recipe is that I used West Yorkshire instead of British Ale II. I made the yeast starter Thursday night. I made it a little bigger so I could save some for next time. This is what I woke up to Friday morning.

West Yorkshire Starter.jpg

Testing the limits of that kettle eh?! Kinda looks like armadillo skin (jk!)

Haha. Yeah, it was definitely fun. It was an extract batch so I used the smaller pot on the stove as it takes close to an hour just to get a full volume boil going. Smelled amazing. I also used s-04 because I wasn't originally planning to brew

Made 12.5 gallons of my hoppy mild(ish) haus beer, brown trout stout.

Pita brew day, felt like it was the first time I ever brewed, not sure why. But hit target og and pitched yeast slurry at 62, sitting in ferm chamber now with sts1000+ profile set. Up to the yeast now!

Just got finished with my first double brew day. First batch was a sweet potato porter recipe that I formulated myself and the second batch was the Northern Brewer Dead Ringer kit. Had some minor boil over issues but all in all it went well.

That sounds intriguing. I would love to know how it turns out

I did a 1 gallon batch about 2 months ago to test it out and it turned out nicely so I went with a 5 gallon batch today. The chocolate hops have a nice spiciness to them and works well with the nugget. I use 2row, victory, & munich which I really like as a combo for my ESB's. It's one of my favorites so far.

I did a 1 gallon batch about 2 months ago to test it out and it turned out nicely so I went with a 5 gallon batch today. The chocolate hops have a nice spiciness to them and works well with the nugget. I use 2row, victory, & munich which I really like as a combo for my ESB's. It's one of my favorites so far.

Can I get the recipe? Or shall I say we for the others who may be interested.

Can I get the recipe? Or shall I say we for the others who may be interested.

Here ya go:

ESB with Chocolate Hops (Experimental crop from Yakima Valley)
5.5 gl
BIAB
No-chill
O.G. - 1.056
IBU - 46
Expected F.G. - 1.017

7.25 lb 2-row
2.25 lb Victory
2 lb Munich 10
.5 lb Carapils
6 oz C-60

Mash @154 for 60 min (I actually went with 156 just for the hell of it)

.5 oz Nugget @40 min
Irish Moss @15 min
2 oz Chocolate Hop @Flameout
1-2 oz Chocolate Hop Dryhop 5-7 days (Haven't decided amount yet)

S-04 rehydrated
Pitched tonight at 61*
I'll let this sit between 61 and 63 in the chamber for about a week then bring it up a degree everyday until it gets to 67-68 and let it sit another 2 weeks.

**When I converted from 1 gallon to 5, I tweaked some of the grain bill and hop amounts from the original. The Victory and Munich is amounts are totally up to you for how much you want to use(I might bump the victory a little more next time and drop the C-60). The hop schedule are my adjustments for no-chill so the regular schedule would be 60, 20 and 10-5 (whichever you wanted). I really liked this beer but haven't had a chance to let anyone else try it yet so it's a good beer based on my opinion. I just pitched the yeast tonight so here in a month or so I can give you an update on how it ended up if you'd like.
:mug:

Threw together a mix of juiced fruits: star fruit, mango, pear and apple. !/2 gal juice, topped with water ti a little over a gallon...added abour 12 oz honey and 2 cups of sugar to boost it to 1.073 OG. Not quite cider, not quite mead? Pitched Vintner's Harvest CY17 Premium Wine Yeast and 24 hours later, it's showing steady signs of life. I'm not sure exactly how to classify it or what to call it, but about a year from now, I think it's going to be a nice drink...of some kind.

IMG_20150204_121207882.jpg

Going to brew a beer that has been waiting a few weeks.
My friend and I will brew beers virtualy the same.
OG 1.050
35% pils
35% vienna
20% wheat
And 10% up to the brewer.
Mosaic; 50gr each none of which to be added before the @20.
Yeast Belle saison.
He is brewing 10litres with his 50gr.
Me,I am going for 5! A 90IBU beast :)

I am. After a long string of agonizing weekends with various in-laws, I "get" to brew.

First crack at an AG Hoppy Wheat ale that I'm working on for a buddy's Bday in June.

Doing BIAB overnight mash... going to be an interesting brew day(s).

Back