So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm torn. I could brew tomorrow, or I could go jam with some musician friends I haven't seen for almost 4 years.

If I jam, I prob. won't be making beer this weekend. If I brew, I'll also have to decide what I want to brew. It'll be a choice between another barleywine or a double IPA.

I'm torn. I could brew tomorrow, or I could go jam with some musician friends I haven't seen for almost 4 years.

If I jam, I prob. won't be making beer this weekend. If I brew, I'll also have to decide what I want to brew. It'll be a choice between another barleywine or a double IPA.

I would definitely jam since you haven't seen them in years. Too bad you can't brew early AND jam.

Jam, for sure. Beer can wait.

I'm going to brew 5 gallons of Irish Red sometime this weekend. I also should bottle 5 gallons of a Citra pale ale. And I've been told by SWMBO I'm cooking breakfast tomorrow morning before Kid #1 heads back home to Fresno. Plus there's football to be watched. Looks like my weekend is planned.

Gonna do a triple brew, NB chinook IPA, NB nut brown, and a Brewers Best honey brown

gotta love christmas gifts

also have to not drink before halfway through the second brew.

Sunday I'll be brewing up the helles for my wedding in March. Even though my recipe got 3rd place art a competition, I've adjusted to increase hop flavor a little. Also, the Tettnang I got is only 2.4%AA, so I'll be using a little Saaz for bittering.

Doing a wheat beer
German Wheat

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 21.0
Total Grain (kg): 4.300
Total Hops (g): 27.30
Original Gravity (OG): 1.045 (°P): 11.2
Final Gravity (FG): 1.011 (°P): 2.8
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.42 %
Colour (SRM): 4.6 (EBC): 9.1
Bitterness (IBU): 15.2 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 70
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill
----------------
1.900 kg TF Maris Otter (44.19%)
1.900 kg Wheat Malt (44.19%)
0.500 kg Munich I (11.63%)

Hop Bill
----------------
27.3 g Tettnanger Pellet (4% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (1.3 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------
Yeast Danstar Munich
Whirfloc
Single step Infusion at 66°C for 60 Minutes.
Fermented at 20°C with

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Early for helles and wheat beers isn't it lol are you those guys that start their pumpkin beers in April?

I'm running out of fermenters and when I fix that problem ill be running out of room

Early for helles and wheat beers isn't it lol are you those guys that start their pumpkin beers in April?

I'm running out of fermenters and when I fix that problem ill be running out of room

Well it's for my wedding in March, so I need to get it started. Also, it's Texas so it might be hot next week already.

I was trying to decide if I wanted to brew my 42 Wallaby Way Aussie IPA today during the Kentucky game or tomorrow during the Packers game. When I woke up it was 4 degree F outside, so Sunday it is. :) Hopefully the Pack play well or the neighborhood kids might hear some new words coming from my garage.

Just put a Munich dunkel into my fermenter, also have a classic pilsner next to it. Planning on an indian brown ale, and possibly an IPA tomorrow.

went to find a lid for an old fermenter bucket i had, and scored an English Pale Ale kit for 30% off! so, tomorrow is pretty much set for my brew day! i'll need to rack a scottish ale into the second fermenter and i will have two batches fermenting at one time.... a first for me.

Wrapping up a double brew day. Both extract kits I have had in the closet for a few months. Man, I forgot how much quicker extract is!!!!

Now if my brisket will finish before too long I'll call today a success.

Well it's for my wedding in March, so I need to get it started. Also, it's Texas so it might be hot next week already.

Point proven lol I'm not huge on the seasonal thing anyways just figured I'd bust your chops a bit lol

Brewed a Pale Ale yesterday, 2-row,biscuit, carapils, and crystal/carmel20.
used 2 ounces of cascade for the last 20 minutes and the sample I tasted was bitter, Dont know why im getting bitter beer with only late editions, but I'm getting tired of it. It was also darker than I thought it should be, but I dont care too much about the color as long as it tastes great. Airloc moving 12 hours after pitching uso5:)

Brewed a Hefeweizen today. Probably the smoothest brewday I have had. 85% efficiency and was done in 5 1/2 hours with a 90 min sparge and a 90 min boil.

Not brewing, but Ill be bottling my Belgian Tripel and maybe my toasted Irish stout as well.

Brewed 4 gallons of helles yesterday. Really need to start brewing that style to have on tap all the time. Seems like all I've had lately are dark beers, and I'm really starting to get tired of them.

Interested in doing a fairly simple Gose, BIAB, with acidulated malt. Never used lacto or bugs before...not sure I'm ready to go there yet. And I'll be fermenting at home room temp. around 68-70F. Any recipes or recommendations? Should I try it or am I being ridiculous to even consider it?

Interested in doing a fairly simple Gose, BIAB, with acidulated malt. Never used lacto or bugs before...not sure I'm ready to go there yet. And I'll be fermenting at home room temp. around 68-70F. Any recipes or recommendations? Should I try it or am I being ridiculous to even consider it?

A sour mash will give better results IMO than just acid malt. It's easy, you should go for it.

First stout will be a Sierra Nevada Coffee Stout Clone attempt this Thursday. Can't wait, can't wait to try last month's robust porter as well.

I told myself I don't have to brew this weekend, But, I've decided I'm crazy and must! Thinking v2 of my citra ipa or a new variation of my imperial blonde. Suggestions?

Couldn't brew this weekend, yeast wasn't ready, so brewing my IPA today. Got an early start at work so I can quit early, and brew this afternoon. Have to brew outside due to my setup, the day is starting off at -5, but supposed to "warm" up to 20 or 25. Hope the weatherman is right!

finished my E-BIAB Setup so I will be doing a 6g batch of Schwartzbier on it, and at the same time ill be doing a 6g batch of Munich Dunkel on my propane BIAB setup.. Gonna start at noon and im hoping to have 12 gallons in the ferm fridge by 4

Tried to do a 2 gallon batch of rye pilsner. Got 3 gallons so it went in the carboy. Oh boo hoo. Wifey's wheat is burp-a-lurping along.

Cracked a couple of lagers tonight. Undercarbed, but discovered that the little lady likes Vienna lagers and bocks. Who knew?

Currently working third shift but I u have the grains, mash tun, and water all set up so I can attempt some kitchen brewing without waking the kids. Strike water is literally in the pot on the stove just gotta turn the burner on....deception cream stout here I come

I've got the wonderful life working third shift, as well. It's kind of nice getting home before everyone's up and starting a brew early in the morning. Halfway through the boil for a citra SMaSH IPA right now.

Back