So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chocolate milk stout planned for Sunday.Hoping my bad luck streak ends. Last batch i had a leak in my wart chiller and it got infected from the water that got added. THe batch before that the valve on the bucket failed and it ended up on the floor.

Hopefully brewing Morebeer's ObSession IPA kit I've had in the freezer for about a month this weekend. Weather looks awfully nice this weekend in western WA though. Tough problem

Berliner Weisse - Sour Beer
Right now the mash is souring so not sure when it will hit the right "sourness" mark.
Smelling like creamed corn at the moment, so that's a good sign.
Will be a short brew session since it's already mashed and only have a 20 min boil

I just picked up a kit for a nice Honey Brown Ale. My 2nd batch ever. I have my first batch, a Summer Ale, sitting in primary now and will be bottled this weekend.

Going to be having a double brew day tomorrow. First up will be a Double Mocha Porter, then a Centennial IPA clone. While it's fermenting away for the next couple of weeks I am going to try and get my Keezer finished up so that I can finally move it inside and serve beer out of it.

Brewing an American cream ale tomorrow night. Just kegged an brewers best summer ale and I came out great. Guess I'll drink that as I brew!

Think I'll do a cherry-wheat, since I got some organic tart cherry juice on the shelf. I guess cherry juice in the secondary is the way to go?

Going to be brewing Slim's Lemon Lime Hefe (he posted for the third time in a row...)
I should actually get to it this weekend though :D

If I have time I'd like to say I'll be doing Yooper's Fizzy Yellow Beer too, but we'll see :D

It is my daughters birthday this weekend so I was banned from brewing, but I was able to sneak a batch in last night, 5 gallons of CDA bubbling away as I type.

I've brewed 3 times this past month, so I won't do it this weekend. Instead I'll be building a 2nd mash tun and repairing my original mash tun.

Good times...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Irish red ale on deck for today. Just smacked my yeast pack about an hour to go. Now off to the store to buy water....... ahhhhh the joys of having florida well water

gonna try to squeeze a Petite saison d'ete, A Russian river row 2 hill 56 clone today and a BM wit-ness tomorrow...

Did two batches today. ZD clone and Pliney clone. total time 9 hours. did 90 min boils on both plus 15 min hop steep at 180 degrees.

Woke up at 5:30 unexpectedly. Had everything prepped last night, so I started brewing. Kids didn't wake up till 8, wife is out of town - wonderful peace and quiet.

I made a Westmalle Dubbel clone for my dad - sort of a late father's day project.

Hit all my numbers. Yay! Finished chilling by 10, and left it to settle. Went to church, came home, pitched yeast, now it's time for a nap!

I might brew another batch of my nothing fancy cascade IPA tonight.

I was going to brew tomorrow, but now since I have the night free (and I'm broke so no going out) I may as well brew some homebrew (and maybe drink a few too).

We'll see.

Will be bottling up my cream ale and promptly refilling my fermenter with a porter.

I look forward to brew days like kids at Christmas.

Brewing 2 beers on sunday. It's our first double brew day, so hopefully it goes smooth. We're doing an Mosaic IPA, and an Irish Red. 20 gallons of goodness.

Just picked up ingredients for a British pale ale. Going to try to fix my mash tun and do this all grain tomorrow. Gotta get a starter going tonight, but the recipe calls for wlp090 (San Diego Super). I was thinking about using the dry London yeast wlp007 instead.

Finally brewing my morebeer ObSession IPA that's been sitting in my freezer for a month. Happy to get something fermenting again

Today was a leftover extract batch from winter (I brew indoors when it's -30°C.) Northern Brewer's Moose Drool clone. Had a basically flawless brewday. First in a long time.

Brewed up a nut brown ale with Maris Otter extract, and a handful of specialty grains. In the cool basement bubbling away. :^)

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Got the new Blichmann burner installed on the single tier (Thx to strut build, was a breeze to adjusted/installed) 4 large oranges grated, all grain milled, so will brew a BM Wit-Ness tomorrow.

A 60 schilling irish with a little oatmeal and molasses, missed gravity again ended up at 1043 -- I can suffer thru it lol:eek:

made an american pale ale. usually we fly sparge and today we tried batch sparging for the first time. normally we hit 65-75% efficiency and today was 48% :( not sure why....but dont think the time we saved batch sparging is going to be worth it if the efficiency tanks so much. bummer. back to fly sparging next time i guess

Didn't think I was gonna but I'm doing a kolsch right now. Oh well can never have enough beer ready to keg!

Brewed an IPA. Two small boil-overs, erratic mash temps, a spill while straining into the fermenter. All good luck, I say!
Not so bad for the first time on an outdoor burner.

Just mashed in. Beautiful morning here so I thought id move the brewery outside! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404042017.974361.jpg

Brewed a Burton Ale yesterday (Maris Otter, Wheat, Crystal, Invert No3, caramel colouring). West Yorkshire ale yeast and some admiral hops.

Today I brewed a Rye IPA, 10% Rye, 10% Munich, Maris Otter then plenty of simcoe, centennial and cascade.

Back