So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's brew day, it's brew day, oh what a glorious day! Was planning on doing 5gal of a DIPA along with 5gal bells pale ale clone but came home from shift to find stir plate took a S*** sometime in the past 24 hrs and my starter looks pretty small. So flip a coin and see which one gets brewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Bottled my Centennial Blonde last night so the fermentation chamber is now empty. That just feels wrong.

Tonight I'll be giving KingBrianI's Common Room ESB a go. I had to substitute Special B for the dark crystal in the recipe and I've decided to add the quarter pound of biscuit some people use when they do this beer.

I'll be mashing BIAB style with a sparge step and then boiling in 2 pots on my electric stovetop. This method worked out fine when I brewed my blonde and I didn't have to scale the recipe down like I've been doing when only using one pot. This adds a little time to the brew night but increases my yield by ~5 or 6 litres (~15 - 18 bottles). My second pot is smaller than the one I typically use.

Just started mash in for my Deschutes chainbreaker white ipa clone and drinking my last Hi-Res of the year

1396717048994.jpg

Brewing 5 gallons of saison which I'll pitch with 3711 and 10 gallons of nut brown! Cheers~

My bourbon barrel porter is about to hit the brew pot. Im planning on adding oak , bourbon, cacao nibs, and some vanilla in secondary. Im sure it is going to be delicious.....in 6 months.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Home Brew mobile app

Brewing my first IPA tomorrow (my 17th batch overall). I am using the recipe from Brewing Classic Styles.

Bottled my Centennial Blonde last night so the fermentation chamber is now empty. That just feels wrong.

Tonight I'll be giving KingBrianI's Common Room ESB a go. I had to substitute Special B for the dark crystal in the recipe and I've decided to add the quarter pound of biscuit some people use when they do this beer.

I'll be mashing BIAB style with a sparge step and then boiling in 2 pots on my electric stovetop. This method worked out fine when I brewed my blonde and I didn't have to scale the recipe down like I've been doing when only using one pot. This adds a little time to the brew night but increases my yield by ~5 or 6 litres (~15 - 18 bottles). My second pot is smaller than the one I typically use.

It's 2:00 in the AM and I've just put away the last piece of gear. Pretty typical brew night for me. Started around 6:30 PM, everything went pretty smooth except for a minor boil over which I almost caught. Brewing in two pots does divide you attention a little. Anyway the ESB is in my fermentation chamber and the yeast is pitched. I'm looking forward to this one.

I've been at it since 4 am!! A base for my sours gotta keep the pipeline flowing. 50/50 pilsen-wheat with some flaked oats added late in the mash.

Brewed my annual Belgian Wit. 10gals split into 2 fermentors. Wyeast Belgian Wit in 1/2 and Wyeast Forbidden Fruit in 1/2. I usually bottle 6-10 of each and then blend the rest together in a keg. Started doing this 2 years ago and really love what I get from blending the two. They are both happily bubbling away at 68F right now.

I made a snap decision to brew. It's just too nice out not to. Going with an ordinary bitter.

Since I'm working this weekend, I'm setting my sights on a double header bright and early Tuesday. SA Summer Ale and a Irish Red

i-ZQqwTH7-L.jpg

One of my yeast vials was beyond it's date since the 11th of last month. Just don't have a good feeling about it. Of the five vials I've used from WL in the past, the yeast was always firm in the bottom on the vial requiring a good amount of agitating to get it into a slurry, this one (WLP400 dated March 11th) turned into a mix with just minimal movement. We'll see how the starter looks Tuesday. Maybe all will be well.

Brewed a "session whea-pa" on Saturday. 1.036 OG, 40 IBUs. All Willamette and Cascade hops.

Started the year off last weekend with a "ghetto winter wheat" and hope to brew another batch of something Friday. Not sure what but i'll find something!!

Since I'm working this weekend, I'm setting my sights on a double header bright and early Tuesday. SA Summer Ale and a Irish Red

i-ZQqwTH7-L.jpg

One of my yeast vials was beyond it's date since the 11th of last month. Just don't have a good feeling about it. Of the five vials I've used from WL in the past, the yeast was always firm in the bottom on the vial requiring a good amount of agitating to get it into a slurry, this one (WLP400 dated March 11th) turned into a mix with just minimal movement. We'll see how the starter looks Tuesday. Maybe all will be well.

Don't worry about that vial - that yeast is super low flocculating and rouses very easily. I put it and a vial of abbey ale yeast side by side in my fridge, and looking at it over the course of several days, found the 400 never settled as much as the abbey ale - significantly different!

Started the year off last weekend with a "ghetto winter wheat" and hope to brew another batch of something Friday. Not sure what but i'll find something!!

So what is a "ghetto winter wheat"? Sounds mischievous...

Brewing Friday. & Saturday. 1st up a
Redheaded Rye Child then a Hop Stoopid clone. On deck are a Chocolate Stout & a Cottage House Saison.

My brew friend, Carl, and I are brewing 10 gal. of Apple Ale. I'm going to split it half using 1 gallon of apple juice in one and 1 gallon of apple cider in the other. Interested in seeing the difference between the two and which one I like better. Would be interested in hearing if anyone else has experience with an apple ale. :mug:

Rogue (roll over in your grave) Dead Guy clone. 1st attempt, but I bumped into brewers from Ranger Creek at the LHBS and they helped with the recipe while we were standing around the shop. Nice guys.

Anybody do no-chill? how long do you add for time on the hope to figure IBU's?

Just made up a 1.5L starter for Friday afternoon's planned Irish Red Ale brew. It will be my second all grain batch, we'll see if my 85% efficiency was fluke or not.

Gonna do everything identical except I think I will sparge a lot slower this time and maybe drain to fermenter through a muslin bag instead of just a sifter, there's hop debris in the hydro samples lol...

Back