So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never dropped that low, but I have done 1qt/lb and got 80% conversion efficiency. You could give yourself a little room by cutting back a pound or two of base malt and adding in the missing points with extract in the boil.

Thinking of doing an Arrogant Bastard Clone this weekend. Bottled up my Fullers London Porter clone and a Milk O'Stout last weekend but I still have some empties left...this cannot be.

Just going to do a 1.5 gallon batch.

Supposed to hit the 50's this weekend.

gonna try my hands at a clone of Omnipollos Leon. Its like a belgian ale, but hopped with simcoe and amarillo. The original is fermented with champagne yeast, but im a little noob and nervous about that, so I'm thinking of splitting the batch and ferment half of it with belgian ale yeast instead.

Want to brew but can't decide what to make... Need to call in and order to lhbs but am so indecisive. What should I make? In the past 2 months I have made a sweet stout, honey blonde/honey kolsch, and a Belgian wit.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Want to brew but can't decide what to make... Need to call in and order to lhbs but am so indecisive. What should I make? In the past 2 months I have made a sweet stout, honey blonde/honey kolsch, and a Belgian wit.

Sounds like you need something hoppy :rockin:

I am frothing about breing this weekend. It is supposed to be 60 degrees an sunny in the Philadelphia area and I cant wait to get out and brew it up.

On a side note my shipment of supplies for this brew got delayed, killing last weekends brew. Eat my stinky ass UPS. This has me all the more pumped.

All grain moose drool clone.

I need to do something with the Worthingon culture I have on stir, but I havent really decided on exactly what yet. I have a bunch of Maris otter, bit I still need to make a trip for hops and specialty grains. Any suggestions?

I will make an extract Zombie Dust (kinda) clone tomorrow. I've never actually had ZD so I won't know how close I come to it, but I will do lots of late Citra additions and aim for an OG of 1.065.

My plan is to do a Cream Ale Saturday and a Coconut Cream Stout Sunday. I washed the yeast from a fairly strong IPA I racked yesterday and roasted the coconut for the Stout.

Cheers!

Brewing an Orange/Honey Hefe with too high an OG around 1.065. Does this make it a Wheat Bock?

Either a "black" Kolsch or a cream ale. Need something to share with friends during pool parties. I may split a cream and add some cherries to 1 gal just to see how it turns out.

Hoping to brew up a Brown Ale (2 1/2 gallons) tomorrow and maybe something on Monday though undecided as to just what yet.

Bottling a wine kit on Saturday night to make room for the BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde Ale I plan to do on Sunday night.

3 gallon Belgian IIPA tomorrow. My first attempt to brew an IIPA from my own recipe, and I'm trying out a new technique or two, so it should be interesting.

Well I thought I was going to brew a Hefe tomorrow but my Mo/mosaic/conan pale is taking longer then I thought and I dont have another free fermenter. Instead, I will be doing two 1 gallon attempts at my Moo-Hoo clone, with varying amounts of chocolate in the boil with each. Not really the time of year or it, but you all probably dont care anyway :D

When I finish and test the ferm chamber, an extract/partial IPA will be split among three yeasts. Still trying to find my 'regular' go to. 05 seems to hate me and tries my soul.

2 clones this weekend - Timothy Taylor's Landlord & a Weissbier. Both 5 gal.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

One Irish Red Ale extract with steeping grains batch today and bottling another one or two. I'm teaching an Intro to Homebrewing as a community education course at the local college this afternoon.

The two prep brews for the class were the first extract kits I've brewed in close to 8 years.

Brewing 5 gallons of an Oktoberfest recipe I pieced together from different recipes and extra hops I had. Last year I waited until August, this year I'm planning ahead!

Going to initiate my brother into all grain brewing. He just got a Brewers Best Milk stout kit (extract) and is getting back into home brewing after several years. I will be making a clone of Bells Two Hearted ale.

I'm showing my 22-year old son (visiting from Colorado) how Dad brews on his homemade E-BIAB rig. We're doing a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar clone. It just finished mashing. About to hoist the bag out and let it drain:D.

2 clones this weekend - Timothy Taylor's Landlord & a Weissbier. Both 5 gal.

Brewed both today (extract), hopefully my last extract batches before I jump to AG but still a good bit of kit to buy so will depend on funds.

Brewed up a vienna lager today. This was my 2nd lager the first, a dunkel, is lagering at the moment and should be ready to drink in a few weeks.

Back