So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An American red is cooling and should be in the fermenter in about 30 minutes. Was going to keg my amber today but she's happily bubbling, on her way to a healthy 80% attenuation. Gonna let the amber ride a bit longer.

Brewing a jalapeño cream ale tomorrow, and cracking open the new batch of dunkelweisen.

I'm brewing my first five gallon batch today!! With 3 successful Mr. Beer batches under my belt, I am making a batch of Amber Ale from Midwest Supplies. Been looking forward to this for a while.

After cleaning and delabeling 10 cases of bottles Friday, racking two batches to secondary yesterday, bottling two batches yesterday and washing out the yeast from one of them, and after I finish a little more stuff around the apartment today, I'll brew a kitchen sink Black IPA using that washed yeast.

Janet's brown. Extract recipe from BCS with JZ's recommended pitch rate of 320B cells.

I've never had this beer so I'm psyched!

Just wrapped up my brewday. Everything went off without a hitch. Made a Schwarzbier today, first time with this style...looking forward to trying it!

Just finished up Dude's Lakewalk Pale Ale. Roasted 2lbs of grain in the oven and used my Corona Mill for the first time. Unfortunately my 2012 Amarillo hasn't came in yet, so I had to sub it out with 2012 Centennial. I am looking forward to making this beer again when my Amarillo gets here.

Transferred my Holiday Ale batch to secondary today! Love the citrus, cinnamon, ginger, honey, characteristic's the taste is taking on! Can't wait to bottle it and drink it!!

Janet's brown. Extract recipe from BCS with JZ's recommended pitch rate of 320B cells.

I've never had this beer so I'm psyched!

It's a great beer. One of the best I've brewed thus far. I did an AG version based on the recipe from the brew network. You will likey very much!!! :)

Will be bottling my Robust Porter probably Friday, going for Zwanze Day on Saturday, and then helping a homebrew club member brew his first all-grain on Sunday (we're doing Vertical Epic 02.02.02).

Trying to decide between Coffee Milk Chocolate Stout and another batch of Tasty APA. My wife requested the Stout some months ago for the winter season, but thinks the Tasty APA is the best beer she's ever had. Hmmmm...

Planning on brewing an ESB later this week or this weekend. I wanted to make a SMaSh but MO, but the LHBS didn't have any crystal MO, so I added a bit of crystal 60L to the grain bill, and using 3oz total of UK Golding.

I'm thinking I'll pick up 2 pounds of MO soon, toast it up, then add it to 8-9 pounds of MO in a few weeks. Brew that up, then add it to the yeast cake of my first ESB when it's racked off. I'm planning on naming it Smashing Bitters.

Acquired a 5 gallon bucket of local honey, plan on around 10 batches of mead. Making a Ginger Peach Mead this week.

image-271808602.jpg

I'll will bottle my honey Wheat w/cherries, and then - - if Christmas comes early ;) - - I will be doing a Milk Chocolate Stout kit from Midwestern

I'm gonna brew a Bohemian dunkle is the style of Ufleku..I'll probably do a double decoction too..It's gonna be a nice long day of brewing..

Brewed my Smashing Bitters ESB today. It was my second all grain brew and it seemed much easier than the first.

Also took my first sample of my Two Hearted clone. Right at FG and pretty tasty. Can't wait to dry hop and bottle!

Man Im really excited! I havent brewed since Spring.(heathy pipeline/fridge full of craft beer)/unideal brewing temps for summer.And just too much damn beer still. Just ordered some Organic 2-row-malt/ Organic Fuggles(not my #1 choice-hop,but its worth a whirl and I havent had this particular strain anyway-I think) hops, a new 3 gal carboy(upped from my 2 gal carboy-doing 1/2 batches now instead of 1/3), bubbler aeration system(they were out of the oxygen regulator system-damn!) New liquid yeast to try.Wlp060- I have no idea. I know I dont want the wlpoo1 only because It supposibly like 05 dry or whatever. And 1 day NB shippping at pretty minimal cost-awesome! Now hopefully the yeast is not froze and my carboy not opened broken and IM stoked. Oh ****! I forgot to get a carboy brush,I knew Id forget something.
Im not going for a fuggles IPa like Shipyards, I didnt really like that one at all. It will be stronger and no english yeast so Im hoping this at least is better that that one,and Im pretty shure it will.No, I know it will be better.

Brewing up an Irish Blonde this weekend.

Something of a palate cleanser. Need something to cut the Porters, Stouts and Winter Warmers in the kegerator.

Hoping to brew a robust porter. Going to build my own water profile using distilled. Of course there's a good chance work will call and ruin my plans

No brewing, but finally bottling an Oktoberfest and an Apfelwein which are close to 3 months old. Excited to free up some fermenter space.

I'm thinking about a Maibock and Schwarzbier series. I've been on a lager kick lately.

I'll be bottling my NB Phat Tyre and my 2.5 gallon Bass clone, and I intend to wash the yeast from both. I also have an apfelwein that hit 4 months yesterday - that may find its way into bottles (considering a batch of Skeeter Pee in that carboy if I end up bottling that). I also have a 1 gallon MO/EKG smash that needs to be bottled soon.

I MAY start a new 2.5 gallon batch of BM's centennial blonde, or possibly the Zythos IPA kit that I got on Black Friday. Or something with the new hops that showed up in my mailbox yesterday (citra, cascade, centennial, and simcoe). Or I may put off brewing until next weekend - we'll see how I hold up with all that bottling going on.

Definitely brewing this weekend. Thinking about a Kolsch. Brew day at What Ales Ya this Saturday. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

I'm brewing this weekend. Milled my grains two and half weeks ago. Should I risk it or buy new grains? Yoopers Dead Guy btw

HoppyDaze said:
I'm brewing this weekend. Milled my grains two and half weeks ago. Should I risk it or buy new grains? Yoopers Dead Guy btw

Buy new grains! Then send the old grain to me. I think it will be fine, how did you store them?

Use them. I routinely store milled grains longer than that and have good results. Obviously it's not something to do if you don't have to, but there's no sense wasting the grain.

Going to brew a Bock on Sunday, probably pitch on Monday night. First stage of starter from harvested yeast is just about done... Hopefully my guesstimates of the initial cell counts were close! (I have about a factor of 2 safety margin, so I'm not too worried.)

Brewing this weekend? Hell no, weekend is PACKED with things to do (damn Christmas season, cutting into brewing time!!). I'll be lucky if I can take an SG reading Friday and rack to secondary on Sunday!

However, after the weekend I have a nice little Hefe planned. :)

Back