So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kegging my first AG batch a German Weizen this weekend... i so addicted to brewing i think i need therapy.

Brewing is therapy. I need to get to the LHBS if I can find a ride. I need stuff for my wife & I to get a double brew day going. A SA-ish summer ale,& a Burton ale. Both recipes I've been working on the last couple of months. Our pipeline is almost empty,& our youngest son is once again watching X-Files after school. That theme song is playing now. Just as I typed the word "recipes". I guess that's what you here when the beers almost gone? And capt Jack always complains about the rum always being gone?...

My own take on White IPA on Saturday. Will be my 10th brewday. It will be flavored with Nelson Sauvin. Just pils and wheat malt. Pretty simple.

Double small batch stovetop- Superbowl Sunday Pale ale and another ipa/pale ale that i havent figured out yet due to what i have left available.Time to reorder soon.

Just drove up to northern brewer for a bunch of grain. I think I'm brewing biermunchers centennial blonde tomorrow and a cybi pale ale on Saturday.

Just finished milling up my grain for Saturdays brew. Doing an experimental molasses porter. Hope it turns out!

Brewing 11 gals of an oatmeal stout tomorrow. I get to test out a couple new firsts: first time using liquid yeast and first time using a pond pump as a wort chiller.

Cap and Hare hombrew club big brew unclephilly. I'm afraid there won't be but about 5 gallons going on at my house. You're certainly welcome, i tell all my neighbors that if the garage door is open, so are the taps but if you kick the keg then you buy the next batch.

2 batch Saturday with Tasty McD's Janet's Brown Ale and a Blonde Ale. First time trying to brew JBA, heard its fantastic.

Getting a growler today of DIPA from Hangar 24 in Redlands CA to get me through the brewday

2 batch Saturday with Tasty McD's Janet's Brown Ale and a Blonde Ale. First time trying to brew JBA, heard its fantastic.

Getting a growler today of DIPA from Hangar 24 in Redlands CA to get me through the brewday

A growler probably wouldn't get me through a brew day. Congrats?

Zixxer10R said:
A growler probably wouldn't get me through a brew day. Congrats?

A growler of double? Dang I am a big guy but I would probably pitching yeast with one eye closed.

Zixxer10R said:
Yeah. I've always wondered why someone hasn't created a TIPA. That might get me goin.

14-18%, hop it like a double? Will hop extract increase apparent bitterness if it's already hopped to death?

Perhaps a TAPA would be more approachable, because a DIPA is pretty hopped to death to begin with. You've got a good point there.

BJCP doesn't even recognize DIPA for argument sake. Anything over 7.5 abv is imperial. I just made an IPA that went to 8. I hate to call it imperial. Imperial Light maybe. Who knows. It's beer ok.

I am brewing a IPA right now about to add my full boil addition!! See you when it is finished!

Sent from my iPad2 using HB Talk

Well,I finally got the extra stuff I needed for the wife & I to brew 6G each. I got a surprise at the LHBS when I not only found the hop fridge loaded,but they now have whole "raw?" hops from Hop Union! It'll be interesting to see what the quality is like from them. Unfortunately,he had no idea what Burton Salts are,& I forgot to look up it's constituents.
Oh well,I can still brew it up,along with the recipe for a SA-ish summer ale the wife will be doing. We'll have to start on those tomorrow. It'll be the first time we do a double brew day.

Finally got the time to brew again. I'm brewing the colonial strong ale from the current issue of zymurgy. 15 minutes left on the mash. I'm working with some new equipment this time. I finally got a 10 gallon kettle. I have been roughing it with a 6 gallon. I also reworked the manifold/braid in my mash tun.

That's what Burton ale wound up being somewhere in the 30's to the 50's. It started life in the 19th century as an English Barley wine. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out.

Just cleared out my primary bucket, going to see if I can't find a pumpkin beer recipe that looks good and whip it out. The pumpkin's hanging out on the porch already.

While I should have had my Pumkin Ale in the fermenter by now, I just got around to brewing the Summer Blonde recipe from High Gravity that I bought just before my shoulder injury. Felt good to be brewing again and it was a good day for it.

jeepinjeepin said:
Finally got the time to brew again. I'm brewing the colonial strong ale from the current issue of zymurgy. 15 minutes left on the mash. I'm working with some new equipment this time. I finally got a 10 gallon kettle. I have been roughing it with a 6 gallon. I also reworked the manifold/braid in my mash tun.

That's tough. I have been limited by my 7.5 gal. But I can do beers in my kitchen with it. Trying to land a keggle now.

I'm just about all set for 10 gallons of my Bavarian Hefeweizen tomorrow. Need to pickup some propane, but I have the equipment in place and grain ready to be milled.

Here's to cooler mornings in Texas finally!

Mpavlik22 said:
What kind of setup did u make for your mash tun?

Copper manifold. Holes in bottom. Sleeved with stainless braid.

image-3063098180.jpg

Up next on the docket, Rogue Blackened Brutal....look forward to the 90min boil in the AM. Then in 2 weeks, russian river IPA. After that? we must see how long it takes to empty the octoberfest newly in my fridge! Life is good.

I just brewed up a batch of AHS cannonball stout and am waiting for it to finish chilling to pitching temps. I also just finished bottling a special bitter; it's been a busy day.

I have two more AHS kits sitting around: Atlantic Palisades and the London Porter. I might brew up one of those tomorrow. Anyone here try the Atlantic Palisades? I really want to give those hops a try.

Back