So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ralenen, let me know how that turns out. I may be interested in brewing that. I am brewing AHS's Abt 12 All Grain tomorrow. All set and have everything crushed and pre measured.

Hope everyone has a great OG day brewing manana.

Bottled the red ale today - dry hopped at secondary for 1 week - tasted great! Smooth & slightly hoppy. Gonna try Yuengling Clone Lager tomorrow before the game. GO PACK!!!

I brewed today. Worst brewday ever. I mashed in, got a stuck recirculation, stirred like a mofo, then made a sammich. When I came back 20 mins later my mash was at 166 F. Couldn't figure that one out till dumped the whole thing and got handfulls of grain flushing out of the RIMS. Apparently that was insulating the temp probe. Anyway, second attempt went fine and I've got 5 gal of pale ale in the bucket, and 5.5 gallons of prem. lager that's mashing as I type.

I dry hopped my IPA today. I got 81% attenuation on it, so it'll be powerful juju. I tasted it and it's very floral and orangey.

I brewed my first partial mash recipe today. I didn't plan to brew anything for a while, but as my girlfriend says, I got a wild hair up my ass. It's just a basic west coast-style red ale. I wanted a crisp session ale to ease me into spring.

Brewing an NB's Irish Red Extract Kit tomorrow for St. PAtty's Day! I will also be Bottling what I call Rocky Nevada Pale ale. It is similar to Sierra Nevada, but it has an Extra Pound of DME and extra hops...I use 1/2oz of Cascade extra for flavoring, and 1/2 oz dry hopped!
Yummy

Brewing a nice Malty Brown Ale tomorrow.

My first partial mash! I'm excited! Though I learned that my stove takes FOREVER to boil 2-3 gallons of wort, so with the included mashing I am in for a long day tomorrow.

Totally worth it!

Ralenen, let me know how that turns out. I may be interested in brewing that. I am brewing AHS's Abt 12 All Grain tomorrow. All set and have everything crushed and pre measured.

Hope everyone has a great OG day brewing manana.

Will do. Im super hyped about this yeast.

Brewed Yoopers Oatmeal and BMs Centennial Blonde yesterday. First AG double day.....quite a marathon. Got it done in about 10 hours including lunch :)

Yesterday I brewed the Terrapin Rye Pale Ale clone recipe from BYO. I made some serious adjustments to the hop schedule though as it appears the recipe is way off....

Brewed my first all grain yesterday! It was going to be a Landlord clone, but the LHBS didn't have Golden Promise, so I used Maris Otter. Also, they were out of stock on all English hops because the big snowstorm had delayed the delivery. So instead of Fuggles and Goldings, I ended up using Tettnang. Oh well, I at least I had a good starter of the Tim Taylor yeast. I have christened the resulting recipe "Landlord-ish."

Hit the mash temps spot on, and we're bubbling away this morning. The whole process from dough in to cleanup took about 5 hours. All in all a great experience, looking forward to many more.

Brewing a Wheat for the SWMBO today. Hmmm just realized I am doing this after Stone brewery's Winter Storm event this could be an interesting brew day, and plus the super bowl uh oh! Lets call this this the "Well I Think it will come out as beer! WIT"

Just finished brewing an apricot wheat today. I hit all my numbers right on! I've got KingBrian's caramel amber ale kegged for the super bowl!

Just started the boil on a kit from AHB, Golden Ale! Decided to jazz it up a little by adding 1.5 lbs of light DME I had on hand to see if I could up the ABV%. I am re-energized this year to make as much beer as I can and this is my second in a month. Next weekend I plan to do an Irish Stout!
:tank:

2nd batch is about to be on its way... Northern Brewer Honey Kolsch...Got some GREAT HOUSE MUSIC in the back round... Wish me luck ppl!!

I'm currently brewing my Who's Your Paddy Irish Red so it'll be ready for St Patrick's Day.

Also brewing my peanut butter cup chocolate stout tomorrow.

All the while drinking my nut brown :mug:

Tomorrow I'm brewing my very first decoction, a triple too! It's a Vienna lager using Pilsner Urquell yeast. Thought I'd mix it up a little. Wish me luck on the intimidating decoction.

Tomorrow I'm brewing my very first decoction, a triple too! It's a Vienna lager using Pilsner Urquell yeast. Thought I'd mix it up a little. Wish me luck on the intimidating decoction.

GOOD LUCK! Takes a while, but totally worth it, IMHO.

Planning on brewing a low gravity stout so we can drink all day long on St. Patrick's! I figure I'm up to the challenge of brewing something low gravity but with good body.

Doing what may be one of my last Mr. Beer recipes.
I have 3 kits to go. After that I will be buying myself a couple Better Bottle carboys and be moving to all 5 gallon batches most likely.

This weekend will be a High Country Canadian Draft (HCCD) Fat Tire clone, minimashed.

I'm having some friends over and we are going to brew up my second 5 gallon batch.

I plan on it being a chocolate Irish Stout.
If I cant get the chocolate flavor to come out the way I want it will still be an Irish Stout.

:off:We will also be smoking some corned beef to enjoy after the brew.:rockin:

Brewing up an imperial bourbon stout in the driveway while watching the sunset reflect off of my sexy Subaru. Lifes good :mug:

Brewing a Montmorency Tart Cherry Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. I have never tried adding the cherry to a beer, so this should be interesting. I hope it's good!

Xaphoeous said:
Brewing a Montmorency Tart Cherry Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. I have never tried adding the cherry to a beer, so this should be interesting. I hope it's good!

Add the cherries to the secondary

Add the cherries to the secondary

Absolutely. I actually have some concentrated Montmorency tart cherry extract from a cherry farm/plantation/whatever-you-call-it in Northern Michigan.

Any suggestion for how long into secondary, or how long before bottling to add the flavor? As I rack to secondary? At the end of secondary?

Thanks!

I have 6 gallons of a Standard American Lager boiling right now, seeing how good my process is.

I am packaging my Belgian Wit this evening to free up all my empty buckets so I logistically have enough spare volume to hold to wort & sparge water to make 10 gallons of Cuvee de Tomme tomorrow. I had volunteered my system as part of a club brew but this beer is high enough gravity (and with a 2 hour boil) that I am having trouble fitting it in my MLT and BK even as a partial mash.

Ill be doing an all grain Black IPA in the morning. It is SWMBO's birthday weekend so I hope it doesn't come back to bite me.... She did however try a wheat ale I brewed for her and really liked it. Maybe she will start encouraging this obsession of mine.

Back