So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am doing a test boil right now (should have done it last night). Then brewing up a blonde ale. It won't be blonde very long, I plan to split the batch and dry hop 1/2 with Jalapenos and the other 1/2 with habaneros. Yes. Hopefully this batch goes smoother than the last since I had problems with pellet hops.

Converting my 48qt cooler into a MLT today, and hope to brew my first AG brew tomorrow. I have two AG kits coming from NB, a Cream Ale, and an Irish Red.

I have made both of thsoe kits before and they come out very well. Are you using dry yeast or liquid yeast? First time I did the Irish Red I used liquid yeast but didn't make a starter. Wish I had done so even if it was just the night before.

Hope these come out well for you.

Getting the equipment set up and soon I'll be commencing strike water heating.

Brewing a pretty straight forward English pale ale.

I have made both of thsoe kits before and they come out very well. Are you using dry yeast or liquid yeast? First time I did the Irish Red I used liquid yeast but didn't make a starter. Wish I had done so even if it was just the night before.

Hope these come out well for you.

Thanks msa. I just finished the Irish Red...and I think it turned out great for my first go at AG. I used the Nottingham yeast.

Brewed a light rye lager yesterday. Basically the Light Rye Ale base and my own hop schedule to bring the IBUs to a more acceptable range for a lager and fermenting with WLP802. Samples tasted great! Modified my fridge so now I can fit 2 corneys in at the same time!!

Just about to pitch some yeast on my new Black IPA recipe. Doing a 3.5 gallon test batch. It is also serving to test as my first all grain batch. Hit my numbers with 70% efficiency.

I did a Doppelbock yesterday (my first Triple Decoction and thiurd all grain batch). Ended up at 83% efficiency

I'll be brewing a Brown Ale tomorrow. Gonna teach a "newbie" all I know. Should be fun.

Planned: Vanilla Porter,Brewing: Brown AleBottled: Bavarian Hefeweizen, Belgian Triple, Lemon Wheat Gone but not forgotten: Brown Ale, Holiday Ale, Raspberry Wheat, Espresso Porter

I'm crossing my fingers that I'll find the time to do a Juniper Rye Pale Ale this weekend. I'd like to get it going in hopes that it'll be ready to drink for the holidays.

hey Steinsato, mind sharing that Juniper Rye Pale ale recipe? I have some leftover juniper and been wanting to try a rye. Send me a PM. thanks

I am, just debating on a 5 or 10 gallon batch... and the hop type.
I will be doing a SMaSH with Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, or Challenger.
I'm leaning towards 5 gallons of Cascade.

Made a starter this morning for a stout this weekend. Just trying to use up some odds and ends. Not that I have anywhere to put this beer. I need more kegs...

About to start brewing my Christmas beer right now. I'm calling it Plum Pudding Ale. I started with my Belgian Dubbel recipe and made some changes to make it a little more malty/biscuity. I'm adding star anise, coriander, crystalized ginger, and orange peel and pitching the WY Yorkshire VSS (seasonal). It produces a lot of fruity esters and doesn't attenuate very well. After it stops I'll rack onto some candi syrup, prunes, and raisins and pitch some WY 3787. Hoping it'll be tasty.

I'm gearing up to brew a Moose Drool clone this weekend, to drink over the winter :) can't wait!!

I'm gearing up to brew a Moose Drool clone this weekend, to drink over the winter :) can't wait!!

I just cracked open a Moose Drool clone last night, it came out fantastic...though Ive never actually had Moose Drool Im a fan of the one I made. I washed the yeast and plan to brew this one on a regular basis.

I'm going to do a porter this weekend. I have a recipe, but I'm going to modify it a bit, using more grains and more hops.
any advice?

Plan is to make a 2H clone this weekend with a friend. Though I think we could do a 2-brew day, especially if he wants to do extract.

He is typically late riser, so I expect a late start. I might jump in early and get one started before he gets here. I guess I better start planning my brews...

unfortunately not i have work and a doctors appointment. i want to get a immersion chiller before i brew again since i just got a turkey fryer. weather is perfect though for this time of year

I'm gonna try a SMaSH I came up with while goofing off at the LHBS during my lunch break - 11lbs of Maris Otter, 1 oz of Williamete for 60 mins, and another 1 oz for 10 minutes.
Using Deathbrewers boil in a bag AG method...

(BTW - any one have any comments about this SMaSH or have done one similar, please feel free to PM me with some info / tips / what I can expect..)

Don't know if I put this here yet, but Chocolate Cherry Stout tomorrow. Can"t wait to brew. and can't BELIEVE I'm so excited about brewing. I love it.

Brewed a triple hopped pilsner yesterday... brewing a cream stout today.... have a midwest cerveza in 2ndary and an old fo'c'sle nut brown ale in primary

Back