So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About to get started on 5 gal of Chainsaw's "Death by Dunkel". Buddy os coming over to bang out 5 gal of Pils as well. Should be a good day!

I don't have many weekend opportunities to brew, so I must seize this one. Today, I'm bottling a super modified coopers stout and tomorrow hoping to do an experiment hoping to produce something like a Altbier (extract) and a Oktoberfest lager (first AG!)

just buttoned up the primary, the gravity reading was right on at 1.075. I tasted the wort, was more bitter than I expected, hopefully it will mellow out a bit over time. (NB Black IPA). This batch will go into my first 5gal keg, after 2 weeks primary then w/2weeks secondary.

Crankin' up the burner here in about 30 minutes or so to start a spiced ale for the holidays. I'm a couple of weeks late getting to this but work at times gets in the way.

Gonna be brewing MW's liberty cream ale today and bottling a batch of apfelwein.

so hey whutever, have you done the Oberon clone before? .... have you shared the recipe somewhere? A few days ago I racked a 5 gal batch of wheat beer that had a great obie smell.... I started with the nb amer wheat kit and steeped a lb of crystal malt grain, added 1.5 cups of honey and an oz of cascade hops for the last minute.

Time to heat the strike water to my first partigyle! Barleywine & Premium Bitter! Super excited for this.

Ooohhh that sounds good!!! Care to share the recipes/methods, post brew? I'd like to try a partigyle sometime, and this sounds like it would be an excellent combo. Tried my first barleywine the other day, and fell in love!

I'm just a few minutes into the mash of my first Barleywine - my mash tun is at its limit!

I figured my first barleywine should be the 9-9-9 recipe. It will join the 8-8-8 RIS that's been aging in the beer closet for the past 4 months.

Just finished putting together my water filter w/ hanger and qd's. Getting ready to start mashing my All Centennial IPA :D

It's the Mini-Mash Oberon Clone from AHS. And it's pretty darn close to Bell's if you ask me.

Do you know what grains and hops come in the kit? The website doesn't say. I very much like that Northern Brewer lists all the ingredients in their kits as well as the steeping and boiling times for each.... you can usually save by buying separate ingredients or just those necessary to supplement what you have in inventory.

Bottling this am (priming sugar is just starting to boil.) This afternoon I'll brew. . .my first AG attempt. :cool:

My brewing plans have changed....My yeast starter for my Belgian Ale is not starting - don't know if it is dead or just slow. No Trappist Ale locally, so may have to wait a few weeks to do this one until new yeast arrives in the mail.

Brew schedule this weekend:
1. Bottle Double Oatmeal Stout
2. Brew Winter Warmer, pitch slurry from Double Oatmeal Stout
3. Brew girlfriend's Witbier
(4.) Rack Bob's Mild over gelatin if it is finished and still cloudy (didn't get cold break). If it is finished, possibly bottle, altough I'm not sure I'll be able to fit everything in a single weekend :confused:

Yes, I'll be getting up at 6:00 AM Saturday.

We are having a Hallowfest party this Sat. Half Halloween, half Oktoberfest. I'll have an Extra Stout, Altbier, and a Kolsch Style beer all on tap. I'm hoping to have time on Sunday to crank out my first IPA in quite some time. I was able to squeeze in a simple cider yesterday.

Bottling my Pecan Porter this weekend and with a little luck I'll be brewing a new recipe, Nailed Tail Pale Ale. I just can't seem to create an APA that I consider a good "house" pale ale yet. Maybe this is the one!

I dunno if you can count the 20 minutes it takes to make a batch of apfelwein 'brewing', but I'm getting it set up in my empty carboy this weekend. :tank:

Brewed Midwest's Pumpkin Ale kit, a big crowd pleaser last year. Made my first ever yeast starter for it also.

I'm proud to say that yesterday I brewed for the first time in about 1 1/2 years. I got out of it last year because I was waaaaaayyyy too busy with school but this semester has calmed down quite a bit. So now I've got an IPA in my primary that I'm going to oak and have it on tap for friends and family in time for Christmas. I also got a great deal on a jockey box that I'm going to use to take this keg over to my in-laws. Stoked!

Just (at 2100 hrs) completed an All Amarillo IPA - All Amarillo IPA. I have no idea what it is going to taste like, but the smell :rockin: Wife came home right after I made a hops addition and right away mentioned the citrus smell.

I am now sitting at my desk enjoying a Bock that I did a few months ago - In the words of Rachel Ray - YUM!

Brewing a blonde ale on Sunday. Oktoberfest party on tonight - I get to showcase my homebrews for the first time! :ban:

I should be brewing tomorrow morning but I didn't find out until just now that SWMBO is teaching Saturday School all morning (Pretty much the best time to brew is when she's not there to see the kitchen trashed).

Planning on doing an Arrogant Bastard clone after work today. Excited to use my newly converted keggles. Got em laced up with 3/pc SS ball valves and sight glass/therm combos. Got a bigger(and hopefully better insulated) cooler for my MLT, so now I'll have no issues with the larger grain bills w lower eff...but hopefully this mash tun helps out with that eff!!

Back