So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewday isn't until NEXT weekend, but I'm getting my yeast starter going for my Festbier recipe.

Fall is my absolute favorite beer season :)

Just brewed an Orange Saison...my first attempt with that style. Hopped with Huell Melon and Mandarina. Added orange peel, coriander, and a bit of black pepper. Wyeast 3711. We'll see :)

Fresh Squished IPA 5 gallon extract kit from Northern Brewer. Partial boil. First time brewing this one.

Brewed up a Märzen this morning. Ground water temps here only allowed IC to get the wort down to 88F, so it’s sitting in the ferm chamber chillin till I can pitch the 34/70.

Had a little flub - first time using my new Cereal Killer. I guess the crush was more fine than I’ve had before, so I got a stuck sparge for the first time on my pump/false bottom system. Ran out of rice hulls after the last wheat beer so I had to stir and retry! Unfortunately, some grain collected below my false bottom and scorched during my mash out. Hopefully it only imparts a “toasty” flavor and nothing bad.

Mashed and sterilized wort for a kettle sour last night
Souring currently and will finish with a boil tomorrow. Plan to split it 3 ways and ferment on different kinds of fruits...maybe blueberry, raspberry and blackberry since they are in season.

Brewing a Blonde Ale, drinking a HB Pale Ale.

20190810_161057.jpg

In the middle of single decocted American Wheat beer. Will have about 8 ounces of hops and should be a nice quencher in this Florida heat!

John

Sunday brewed up a Gose base beer. This upcoming Sunday I will put together a base beer for an All Brett fermentation with berries added later on.

50/50 pilsner and red wheat.

Funk Weapon 2 for Brett.

Time to grow the pipeline back up and get ready for a comp in the fall. Have to defend my category.

Sunday will brew up another batch of the House Lager; tempted to make it a 10g batch but need to hold back some pilsner to do a saison for the husband next weekend, so will just make it a 5g. Today the plumbers were here to replace the drain pipe and p-trap from the bathtub, $1258 out the door but at least they didn't have to jackhammer the driveway.

Going to fit in a black IPA in between the rain and house showings today. The brewing must go on!

Throwing a milk stout in the fermenter now that my club's barrel project saison is done fermenting... just got to kill off all the imperial rustic so the milk stout doesn't dry out too much.

Knew there was a reason I had some iodophor on hand...

A 5g smash-ish NEIPA with golden promise, light munich, WY1318, and a boat load of Vic Secret. Adding sugar each time I dry hop with this batch (4oz sugar & 4oz hops) twice.

Finally brewing my milk stout with pumpkin, vanilla and coffee. Was supposed to do it last weekend but ran out of time. Just heating up the strike water!

Kicking off a 10 gallon batch of a solsun clone with bitter orange and coriander plus a blast of Amarillo in the whirlpool. Designing a recipe for a Imperial Irish Red ale.

That's a ton of headspace.

Cold crashed my NEIPA tonight, perhaps a little early but I kicked a keg last night and want this baby pouring by the weekend.

Was going to do a Raspberry Saison this weekend, but we have a new family member arriving on Saturday (black kitten, name of Sullivan) so I didn't want to go shopping; so whipped up a recipe for a Pale Ale that should be tasty. Mainly two-row with some home-caramelized crystal for color, bittered with Cascade and late additions of Chinook and Southern Passion hops that I haven't had a use for until now, fermented on fresh Notty. Should turn out a bit dank from the Chinook with a nice tropical fruitiness from the SP hops, with a hefty malt backbone if I do it right. Love making my own recipes!

I will be making two St. Bernardus Abt XII clones, either all at one time or back to back. The recipe says 11% ABV. Last time I only got it to 10.5%. I'm using 2X Mangrove Jack M-41 this time and will make a cream per their site. No complaints against T-58 but I want to give the MJ a try.

A bit late but I'm brewing my Marzen recipe this weekend!!! Tell me what yall think about this recipe....I changed the yeast to S-189

Marzen.jpg

A damn pound of rice hulls and it’s still stuck this is why I only make pumpkin beer once a year
IMG_0001.JPG

Bag weighs like 70 lbs I knew I was screwed lifting it

I'm checking to see if the yeast I cultured from a couple bottles of Schell's hefeweizen took. The starter has been cold crashing in the fridge for a week, and I made half a liter of new starter wort. When it cools and the first starter comes up to temperature, I'll decant the stale beer off the top and add the new wort and see what happens. I already decanted some of the starter beer off and tasted it. It's not at all sweet and tastes a little sour (Schell's hefe is a little sour) with no particular odor, so I have high hopes. When I see some activity I will start brewing a rye beer that's been on my list for a while.
If it doesn't take, I may brew the rye anyway and pitch a packet of Belle Saison. Off to go weigh out the grains... :ban:

I made Amarillo wheat beer. Whole 23 litres of it. I prefer using soda bottles as they're safer.
[image deleted]
I like soda bottles too. Especially some tall skinny 17 oz sparkling water bottles I found at Costco; they will fit in a six-pack carrier. As others have said, that's a lot of headspace in yours unless you squeezed all the air out before you capped them (then it's still a lot of headspace but probably harmless) I like to cut off the little ring left on the necks of the bottles; it looks a little better and I can be sure that the cap is screwed down all the way.

Latest posts

Back