So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not brewing but botteling this we. My "session" IPA which turned out to be a full strength IPA due to an unexpected increase in efficiency by 15%... fine with me :D

After quite a hiatus, I am going to be brewing my Milk Stout recipe this weekend. I put the yeast starter together last night and it was going well this morning. Life has been really hectic this past year, and it feels good to see some slow down and get a brew in.

Just fired up the kettle and will be brewing a Pilsner. I think either an Alt or Vienna is on deck. Or a Fresh Squeezed clone.

Decisions decisions.

I'll be doing an Early Irish Porter this weekend.
Ironically it is almost the exact same recipe as the OP of this thread, but the version I'm doing uses Fuggles and Irish Ale yeast instead.
Last time I made it, it came out awesome, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Cheers!

I'll be cloning either a shiner bock or fat tire, though I may do a honey blonde? All I have in my kegs and fermenters are darker beers.

Boomer Sooners are off this weekend so I may even do two?

A friend is making a short film and one of the characters is a homebrewer, so I made some props this week.
JAOM and a NZ pale ale. I usually brew in buckets but had to cut the recipe down for the smaller carboy. Brewpal didn't scale properly (quite likely user error) so I ended up with a lot higher OG even after adding an extra litre. Oh well, will increase the dry hop to compensate.

Upstream.jpg

I'm brewing tonight. Hopefully start the strike water about 6pm.

I'm doing a foreign extra stout and a session saison. Made the starters last Sunday, the grains are milled already, and I'm gonna start a cold steep on my roasted grains this morning for the stout.

Off to the LHBS after work to get some grain & yeast. Was hoping to brew tonight but probably won't be back at the house in time. Early morning tomorrow it is! Doing an oatmeal stout that I'm hoping will be thick enough to stop a train.

Not this weekend, but this Monday or Tuesday. Have a few weekdays off so brewing an American wheat in my garage. Hopefully, the swarms of yellowjackets we always have this time of year will stay the hell out of my brew.

So much to do. Get a starter going, build a collar for a keezer, clean the new shiny new 14G Brewmaster fermenter, and brew.... something, anything. Got kegs to fill!

Fruit Cake Barleywine for Christmas gifts. So much candied fruit and spices. It smelled great. Hoping it lands around 12.5%.
qkQSM
8Z6li

Why not extend the 'weekend' to Monday? Brewing a vanilla oatmeal stout when the sun rises. om nom nom

Did brew a session ipa with an Og of 1.043 yesterday.

Pitched it on a used yeast cake around 12 o clock (2nd time used) which must have had an incredible cell count at that time. The ipa took of after 30 minutes and was already done the next morning. Unbelievable but really done. Fully fermented in under 24h, heavily overpitched us 05 yeast.

Going to do a pumpkin ale with a co-worker this coming weekend. The beer is more for him, as I can take or leave (mostly leave) pumpkin ales these days. But he's super into them and has liked mine in the past; plus, I'll take any excuse to brew :mug:

Wow, was this an annoying brewday. I used a ton of roasted pumpkin in the mash, only it was at room temp when added, and I forgot to account for the temperature loss in the mash. I panicked and heated up about 1-1.5 gallons of water to kick it up, but only got up to like 135 or so and there was zero space left in the mashtun. I waited an hour, cursing myself, the started to drain and of course it didn't look right. I collected a bit this way, then stopped and did a proper temp mash, and used the partial first runnings to sparge. I boiled for an hour before adding hops. When all was said and done, brewday took over 1.5x longer than normal, and the gravity was at 1.049, 51% efficiency. I added 8oz of a brown/table sugar mix to compensate a little. Just hoping it's decent after all that.

Why not extend the 'weekend' to Monday? Brewing a vanilla oatmeal stout when the sun rises. om nom nom

Had a smooth brewday today. I consider my Monday brewday part of the weekend since I woke up at 10PM on Sunday night. lol Brewed my vanilla oatmeal stout via extract and steeping grains. Tastes amazing! Hope it carries on to the final product.

6lb dark LME
8oz 2-row
6 oz chocolate malt
6oz roasted barley
.5oz perle
.5oz cascade
2oz vanilla extract
US-05
OG 1.057.
(will be making a vanilla bean vodka tincture tomorrow to add to secondary)

Of course I had to drink a stout while brewing a stout. This organic choco stout is damn good! After brew was done, I bottled my belgian wheat. Long but productive beer day. Ready for bed....

This stout makes my 6th batch. Started my first brew on 9/6. Gotta slow down now because I now have 30 gallons to polish. lol Have a good week, all. Cheers

20171002_095142.jpg

20171002_095238.jpg

I had a 7 hour brew day yesterday to do a 10 gallon LODO BIAB Bohemian Pils. It took two hours to preboil 14 gallons of water simultaneously using both a jet burner and a 1500w heat stick.

The rest of the 5 hours was just my normal brew day. Hopefully it was worth the effort.

Snow day = Brew day

The only thing keeping me from the depths of my despair that yes it is indeed a full on blizzard on Oct 2, is that indoor electric brewing is awwwwsome.

I'm about 150 miles SE of you. I was just setting up to start a Bohemian Pils about a half an hour ago when the power went out. I brew with gas but need electricity to run the well pump.

We have close to a foot of snow and still snowing lightly. Not surprised the power died. It's been off across much of northern MT since last night.

Mark

Still 78 deg F at 6:30 pm in Southern Ontario Canada lol!
Hopin for a double brew weekend. Got kegs to fill!

Still 78 deg F at 6:30 pm in Southern Ontario Canada lol!
Hopin for a double brew weekend. Got kegs to fill!

Hey Budget im in Brantford where abouts are you?
I will hopefully be doing a 10gal Brown if my whirlpool valve comes in the mail.
Cheers

That's great Jaybird! Love your rig! I'd be interested in that recipe if you care to post it. Have fun brewing tomorrow! :mug:

John

Planning to brew Yoopers Oatmeal Stout tonight. I've been wanting to brew it for over a year and I always end up brewing something else. Should make a nice brew for the colder months.

I'm torn...I've brewed the last 4 weekends in a row and the pipeline is full. BUT...hubby is out of town over the weekend to a bowling tournament and brewing will keep me out of trouble. And I am really craving more of the smoked helles I brewed a few months back...

Back