So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, my first shot. Using Lemon Drop and Manderina for hops.

You..A lot of honey malt to me, but should have some mouthfeel.

I've never used it before I think I'll cut it back even more. Good eye, oh I like both of those hops that should be a really cool IPA by the end. Guessing large late minute addition ?

Hefe tonight. First all grain wheat, interested to see what the mash will look like with rice hulls, flaked wheat, etc.

Going to brew up another hoppy blonde this weekend. Finally found a recipe I like that the SWMBO also likes so I think I will have one on tap from now on. Also a great excuse to try out some of the different hop varieties I have with a nice clean grain bill.

SWMBO is out if town two weekends in a row. Brewed a kolsch last weekend. Looking at a blonde with Willamette this weekend.

did a NEIPA this morning. Malt bill and water profile from braufessor, but switched yeast to s-05 and only used a single hop--Nugget! 8 oz in a 2.75 gal batch!! yowza!!

Next weekend is a big weekend. I'll have an Anti Hero clone on deck, along with a house IPA. A few weeks later I'm doing a collaborative brew for winter - a Dark Lord inspired Russian Imperial Stout, based on the BYO clone recipe. It's going to be a monster undertaking. There will likely be a small stout that is partigyle. I haven't brewed anything but a cider since November, so it's about time. There's also talk of brewing a true Bock, and a re-brew of the Wee Heavy.

House pale ale. Heating to boil.

IMG_0709.jpg

I'm brewing right now. It's 61 outside in Chesterfield, MO and I'm trying an American Light Ale kit. Looking forward to a lighter ale I can share with friends that like pilsners. We'll see. Cheers!!!

Taking advantage of a beautiful 60 degree weekend in PA in February. 1st bottle sample of a Blood Orange Wheat I did for a festival next weekend and brewing a Tired Hands inspired Pineapple Milkshake in about an hour

Had planned on it, spent the whole weekend setting up a bunch of new equipment I bought. Can't now because the spigot on my new brew kettle is garbage and won't open or close. I bought it months ago so I don't even know if I can exchange the thing.

Gonna get me a wee heavy going this weekend! Gotta use the wlp028 Edinburgh strain that I bought a while back. I have heard really good things about this yeast.

Well More beer was out of the base malt that I brew with so I subbed in a belgian 2 row. I will make the blonde as normal, I am interested in any difference I can taste but I doubt My poor palate can tell a difference. So it will be a presidents day belgian blonde hybrid. I think the name is too long. lol:mug:

Well More beer was out of the base malt that I brew with so I subbed in a belgian 2 row. I will make the blonde as normal, I am interested in any difference I can taste but I doubt My poor palate can tell a difference. So it will be a presidents day belgian blonde hybrid. I think the name is too long. lol:mug:

The president likes blondes! Do not let him grab yours though...

Its funny how after you get used to shiny conical fermenters, the thought of brewing a batch and putting it into anything else... well... lol Guess i need another ugh.. Plus side, re-gapped the rollers on the barley crusher and put together some new parts on the rig for my first try at a Dogfish Head PA clone next weekend. Cant get the stuff up here, can't wait to try it! Cheers!

For whatever reason, President's Day is a holiday for my work. It's unseasonably warm (62 and raining) so I'm brewing a Vienna/Sorachi Ace SMaSH. Should be fun!

yep, brewed yesterday, kegged the ESB and pitched a NE DIPA right on it's cake.

pitched at 6pm, was going nuts at 8pm, I love doing that (but don't to it often)

2 brew weekends coming up.
Saturday I am brewing a Saison, hopped with Sorachi and lots of late Fuggle additions. With pepper and Paradise Seeds.
Next Saturday, brewing a Double Chocolate Milk Stout, will be in secondary with Vanilla beans and oak chips.

Yummy.

I don't currently need more beer, but I really want to brew. Wife suggested I brew an Oberon Clone. I've been talking about it for years, but never really tried. So I might harvest some Bells yeast and see about it. Might not happen THIS weekend, but soon as I can get the yeast built up. Or maybe I will just substitute with some LHBS yeast this time. Hate to do it since the yeast is a big part of this beer.

Going to try and squeeze in a brew after doing reno work on a property I am planning on selling..Slow going all by myself..Thinking of doing a Dragon's Milk clone..Need to get a smallish bottle of whiskey as well(actually that can wait until just before secondary, need to soak the oak)..

Going to brew 3.5 gallons of all grain Pizza Boy Dark from Brewing Classic Styles.
Subbing Hallertau for Tettnanger bittering hop because its what I have on hand.
Using Fermintis 34-70 yeast

Was measuring out my hops, and when I cut open the bag of Columbus I got smacked in the face by pure garlic and onion. So I'm going with a Centennial/Simcoe APA now.

Definitely on for the Anti-hero inspired ale and the House IPA. My pipeline is running dry. I haven't brewed since November, and before that was August. I gotta get moving on that pipeline.

If time allows I have a Zombie Dirt clone that needs to get done. I have to degas a wine and transfer for clearing. And I have to keg an Orange Belgian double.

the Catalyst.jpg

Sunday I hope to brew 10 gallons of Sierra Nevada's Torpedo clone from BYO. I'll split the batch and ferment one with OYL-052 and another probably with BRY-97. It will be my first brew with my new kettle!! Woohoo!!

Conditioning grains , drinking beer , watching live pd ( anyone else watch this nonsense ?)

Irish red tommorrow morning

I'm bottling a Stout on Sunday if the caps happen to arrive tomorrow, but since that probably won't happen (late order and Saturday laziness factor) I fear it will only be until Monday.

Back