So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The can of death by coconut I'm drinking was canned 11/2/15. I've had a six pack sitting in my closet since last year. Still good but the coconut is fading.

Brewed up 10 gallons of caribou slobber this morning. Been too long since I've had it on tap.

Bee Cave Brewery Robust Porter. Awesome stuff. About 45 minutes into the boil, after several home brews, I thought it would be great fun to add 8oz Hersheys Cocoa. Now I guess at the end of fermention, I'll have to throw in a pack of cocao nibs.

I did brew that Hefeweizen yesterday. What a smooth enjoyable brew day it was. My youngest son came home yesterday, as my other two sons are joining him today with the rest of the family to celebrate my birthday today. Anyway he helped and learned about the brewing process and it was a great day. :mug:

John

I brewed 3 gal of an English-ish Barleywine today. Maris Otter, C-120, light chocolate, and melanoiden malt. Chinook hops with WLP 007 yeast cake and S-04 packet. Going to oak this in a few weeks and start drinking them around the Superbowl.

Saturday I made up a batch of Cooper's English bitter. Used a kilogram of light DME and 500 grams of sugar to up the gravity while reducing the final volume to 21 litres. Using 500 grams of the DME I did a five minute boil with 10 grams of Fuggles and then after turning off the heat I steeped 15 grams of Centennial for 10 minutes. These hops were leftovers from previous brews. I used the kit yeast and by Sunday evening everything seemed well on its way fermentation wise.

I've been brewing all grain in my kitchen for a couple of years now but recent events around the home stead are forcing me to change things up a little at least for the short term.

Yesterday I made a 5 gallon Imperial Stout and everything seemed to go smoothly. 5 hours start to finish with cleanup included with my new EBIAB setup.

Next Sunday me and the neighbor are brewing 20 gallons. 10 gallon Czech Pilsner and a 10 of a Murphy's Stout clone that we've done several times before.

Sunday? Maybe? I've been putting off this BM OktoberFAST for so long it's probably going to be late for the season.

Ripped out a RyePA this evening to free up the weekend working on the race car...stupid thing is taking forever to drain so just going to leave it over night.

Haven't brewed in a couple months but I'm trying to get the pipeline going again. Made something with a Marzen grain bill yesterday but with Wakatu hops, so maybe a NZ malty lager. Today we're brewing a robust porter, can already feel the cold coming here in the northeast, so, looking forward to this one.

Got everything ready yesterday afternoon, went out this morning 65 degrees:) made a 7+ gallon brew Pale Ale. Two hours from start to finish, everything cleaned and put up. Been putting this off for a while as my better half has been having a health issue.
Should be ready the end of October, I will be ready also. :mug:

Gonna fire up my first batch in a few years, long story short, been overseas in a hot non temp controlled environment.

Same equipment, new state, new water, and slightly different set up. Should be interesting. Gonna start with a basic rye pale ale to get my chops back. 10 gal of course. :)

Just finished. 9.5 gal shooting for 10, not bad. 79% mash efficiency. It's been a while so it was a little tricky getting the mash temp up, but finally got it to 153 and it only dropped to 151 in 45 minutes. BH eff was 66%. Not too bad for an old setup in a new place after a few years.

Rye Pale Ale in time for the World Series. :)

Just finished. 9.5 gal shooting for 10, not bad. 79% mash efficiency. It's been a while so it was a little tricky getting the mash temp up, but finally got it to 153 and it only dropped to 151 in 45 minutes. BH eff was 66%. Not too bad for an old setup in a new place after a few years.

Rye Pale Ale in time for the World Series. :)

Congratulations on the brew after the hiatus!

Got Azacca and El Dorado coming for some modern type ipa. Probably on the lighter side, little bitter, not too dry, and definitely not clear.

Congratulations on the brew after the hiatus!

Got Azacca and El Dorado coming for some modern type ipa. Probably on the lighter side, little bitter, not too dry, and definitely not clear.

Thanks! Fermentation is rocking. Starter, schmarter......:mug:

Getting a pumpkin spice ale going for the season this weekend.

Also might brew a batch of my own extra IPA recipe. Made it once before and friends liked it. I think I'll do it again. :)

:mug:

This past weekend I produced my first homemade (extract) recipe. An Imperial IPA I'm calling "Imperial Aberration" (5 Gallons)

1 lb of Munich and Crystal Malt
9.9 lbs of Briess Golden Light liquid Malt Extract (1/2 late addition)
1 lbs corn sugar
7 oz. of hops (Warrior, Galaxy, Simcoe, New Zealand Nelson Sauvin, and Mosaic)
1/2 Tsp Irish Moss
Whitelabs WLP001 liquid yeast

Dry hopping
2 oz. of Citra
1 oz. of Amarillo

Cheers!

Brewing Saturday! Have a local 3 vessel brewer joining me to see how this new newfangled eBIAB work! Black Butte Porter clone on deck.

Don
Primary #1 - Joe IPA clone
Primary #2 - APA
Kegged - nothing :-(
Bottled - Oatmeal Stout, APA, Rye IPA

I'm going to try that interesting-looking sweet stout recipe that is in the current Zymurgy. The recipe calls for WLP051, but I'm culturing up some Bell's house yeast, which I hear is pretty darn close.

Back