So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just brewed a killer smooth IPA - somehow managed to get huge mash efficiency. No clue how. My boil was a bit aggressive and the loss there was more than usual, (should have been 5.5 gal in the fermenter, was 5.0 gal) Target gravity was 1.064, but managed to get a 1.080.

3 oz hop in boil, 5 oz whilrlpool and 6 more coming for dryhop. Will be a small batch, but will be tasty!!! Just hoping that lack of a starter for a big beer will not bite me in the keister.

I'm brewing a blonde this weekend. Whether it's Biermunchers blonde or a MO/Mosaic SMaSH is still undecided

Brew an Orca Vanilla Porter yesterday. First attempt at a porter so hoping I don't by screw it up!!
Anyone who's brewed it before have suggestions on using the vanilla beans in a way that doesn't overpower or other suggestions for knocking this one out of the park?

I have brewed it several times. It personal preference. I spilt, seeded, and added five beans to the fermenter 10 days before bottling. I also tossed a couple beans into the priming sugar when I was melting it and tossed all that in the bottling bucket. I didn't think it was overpowering but that's just me. It's a great porter if you don't screw up the mash.

Just put a keg of Sparky's Nut Brown on to carb, tastes like it will be AOK! So now that a cool spell is upon us we will brew our SNPA clone Sunday. Saturday is tied up with errands....

Hopefully a wet hop Pale Ale or IPA with Chinook and Cascade on Sunday. Not sure what I'll use for my bittering hops right now. Going to a local hop farm to help them harvest tomorrow morning and will get some wet hops in return.

Oaty Brown Ale tomorrow. My brown ale base recipe with American hops, but with 1968 instead of Bell's yeast.

Sunday will be my first ever sour - Oud Bruin with similar grain bill as the brown but with Roeslare blend. Just a bit of Hersbrücker, to be followed with sour cherries and oak. First time with two beers fermenting at the same time!

Brewing a patersbier tomorrow which is basically a 5 gal starter for the 10 gal quad I'm brewing later. Also get to try out my new keggle!

Just finished an Ipa with 2lbs of Rye and Crystal 30 pale malt....
P.s...Love my new plate chiller...so quick.!

Finished a Dark Mild last night and transferring it to the fermentor now. Been using a "new" process lately, since I have less free time, of brewing after work, chilling to 100F and letting it cool to ambient (about 70f in my basement) overnight.

Next morning I keg the batch in the fermentor (Tarrytown Rusty Brown Ale in this case) and either pitch the new one on the dregs if it is an appropriate yeast or pitch the new beer into a cleaned fermentor. This works particularly well with the low alcohol beers that are drunk fresh.

Brewing a pumpkin cream ale that'll be on nitro, trying for a pumpkin latte beer type thing.

Just finished pitching yeast on a 5 gallon batch of Agave Lime Mead, and I racked my robust porter onto unsweetened chocolate, toasted coconut and Hungarian oak cubes. I tossed in some rum soaked ones too :tank:

I brewed Sunday for the first time in 6 months, it was nice. We had a torrential downpour while I was getting ready so I collected 4 gallons of rainwater to mix with my rural coop's water(which sucks). I brewed a rye IPA with it, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Planning on Brewing my Blood Orange Hefeweizen again...if my Marzen cooperates and finishes up so I can bottle it and clean the fermenter during the mash or boil.

I hope I can get my Irish Red ale brewed this weekend. I also may be getting a ten gal brewpot! Woop woop!

Wife and i just brewed a hoppy wheat ale this morning. First time using citra and amarillo hops. Hope it turns out! Doing a Pumpkin ale this weekend too!

I'll be attempting an oktoberfest of my own design. Foot surgery Monday so I need to stock the fermentation closet!

Pumpkin cream ale. Used lactose to give a similar mouthfeel as milk stout but a little less. Putting it on nitro to give it a pumpkin latte type feel.

Photo Aug 22, 11 38 06 AM.jpg

Photo Aug 22, 1 08 12 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 22, 1 31 38 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 22, 8 09 09 PM.jpg

Does Tuesday count? A red wheat ale today and Friday I may be doing an IPA hopped with Nelson Sauvin and El Dorado. I named it Nelson's El Dorado.

El Dorado (pronounced: [el doˈɾaðo], English /ˌɛl dəˈrɑːdoʊ/; Spanish for "the golden one"), originally El Hombre Dorado (the golden man), El Indio Dorado (the golden Indian), or El Rey Dorado (the golden king), is the term used by Europeans to describe a mythical tribal chief (zipa) of the Muisca native people of Colombia, who, as an initiation rite, covered himself with gold dust and submerged in Lake Guatavita. The legends surrounding El Dorado changed over time, as it went from being a man, to a city, to a kingdom, and then finally an empire.

Latest posts

Back