So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thursday's the weekend, right? I am making a new experimental recipe of 1/3 each Wheat, Flaked Rye and American light Munich (10L).

Hops are still up in the air but yeast is WB-06. Interested to see how Spicy, oily, biscuity and banana/clove mix.

Thinking of brewing a 20 gallon batch that will split into three 5 gallon variants: IPA, saison, and a sour using some funk I harvested from a bottle of crooked staves mama bear.

Still need to do some due diligence on OG levels in combo with Lacto/Pedio and sour mashing but looks promising!

Due to buying a house and moving, I have not brewed in 3 months! I think Sunday is the day to break this terrible hiatus. I devised a recipe for an IPA I am brewing specifically for my brother's wedding. There should be some good beer fanatics there, including at least two Long Trail Brewery employees.

I'm brewing a Märzen on Saturday with my roommate and he wants to make burritos after we're done brewing. Can't wait for Saturday!!

I'm a CPA, so I've started a tradition of taking the day off after the tax deadline to brew. This year, I'm planning to do a Hop Slam clone. Haven't brewed since November, so I'm looking forward to getting back in gear.

I will be making Yooper's Pale Ale on Sunday. Should be a perfect 70 degrees or so here in the Chicago land area so it seems like an even more perfect day to brew!

10G of Bourbon Porter
+10G of Imperial Red
+5G of Citra Haze
+5G of Citra d'Bomb
+ An 80°F day in the countryside outside portland.
= awesome!

Priceless

Yep. Wife said I should make an IPA. So I whipped up a recipe I'm calling Galileo's Astronomical IPA. Galena, Amarillo and Galaxy hops. A pretty malty grain bill based on one of biermuncher's IPAs.

Tonight after work I am brewing a hefeweizen... Avangard white wheat and pils malt, 6% munich and 3% acid malt. Tettnang hops. Using WLP351 (wanted WLP300, but LHBS was out) so I figured I will try this one and see how it goes. Target specs are 4.8% ABV and 14 IBU.

Supposed to be gorgeous here this weekend. They're calling for 68° F on Sunday. Weeks ago, I brewed a Munich Helles and kept the yeast. I'm planning on brewing a slightly stronger version this weekend (a German Helles Exportbier) and re-using the yeast (I collected it about a month ago, it should be fine if I repitch the whole jar).

Do you have any issues with heat on your 2x4's next to your burners? Please see this thread, maybe you can help me out?

I have zero issues with heat on the 2x4s. I've never checked to see if they are hot to the touch but I get no burning or discoloration. I've used this stand for a little over a year now, so probably 10 - 15 batches. I usually do 60 minute boils but I've done 90 minute boils too.

Mine isn't stained nice like yours and I run a Bayou SP10 for my boil kettle, so your milage may vary.

Personally, I think you'll be fine as is. Maybe some discoloration of the stain. If that happens you can always add some flashing later. I highly doubt you'll get any kind of burning or charing whatsoever.

Edit: taking another look, your HLT does look a little close the way you have it set up. I'd just rotate the burner so it can slide another couple of inches away.

Hoping to get a Yeungling clone going tomorrow. I have to bottle a batch of California Common and want to pitch on the yeast cake

I needed more buckets, and a 5 gallon pot for extract brews so I didn't have to use my 10 gallon on the stove... priced stuff at Northern Brewer... hey they have a kit with what I need, I can always use a spare capper, and it came with an extract kit! Ordered, arrived Monday, brewed the kit of Block Party Ale tonight and it is resting in the fermenting fridge! 2 buckets and the pot were $80, kits with buckets, pot, capper, auto siphon, bottler, other bits and pieces $99 and it came with the beer kit too! Oh wait, a 20% off coupon came with? Yeah I used that for the barley crusher that came today! Collecting parts for all grain after a 30 year break in brewing.

Heating up strike water for a Brown ale. Marris Otter,Munich,Wheat,Biscuit.crystal,chocolate and Cara Malts.Going to use WLP005 on this brew.

Brewing up my first ever saison on the morrow. Its pilsner 2 row aromatic biscuit turbinado and hallertau hops. Adding corriander sweet orange peel and peppercorn medley (black green and pink), fermenting with WLP 565. Lets get it

So I held my brew school today and it went very well... 10 gallons of IPA split into two differnt brews, specialty made for a couple friends of mine whom are interested in starting Home Brewing....Cant stand IPA's myself but I had to admit it smelled wonderful while brewing it. There are 55.00 worth of hops that went into it so its not cheap to make by any means.

I have to also admit I'm actually more excited about how this turns out then I have been about any other beer I have made for myself...It would be a huge plus if its something they actually like and approved of.

IMG_1086.jpg

My first DME-PM PA. Have an all grain kit, but no time to brew it. Only 2hrs from beginning to end of clean up. Post boil sample is nice. A converted believer??

Back