So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple German Pilsner today with Weyermann Barke Pilsner Malt and Hallertauer. About 26 IBUs just barley a pilsner. Should be ready for spring.

Brewing my second attempt at the Sierra Nevada Tropical IPA.
1 gallon all grain, using a 2 gallon drink cooler mash tun I cobbled together today. Currently have the same brew in the fermenter, dry hopped. Will try this one without dry hopping to test the difference.

SMASH tomorrow...Would have been today but Horses tore a whole section of fencing out and we had to replace it. Blankets on horses and electric fencing don't mix well. It's like giving them a free no shock greener pasture pass.:rolleyes:

But try to convince that to a bleeding heart veterinarian daughter.

This one is a BIAB kit that I picked up on eBay. I've got a few kits from this place and all were pretty good. I use them to create my own taste and go from there.

Propagating some 1450 that I got for free from my LHBS. The pack was swollen and a year old but it smelled fine when I cut it open so we'll see. Starting small with 500ml 1.023 wort and will step it up from there if it takes off.

Gonna brew up a 5 gal Sour this Sunday.

I have 5 gal going that I'm gonna rack and drop this on the cake.

8lb Bohemian Pilsner
2lb Spelt Malt
1lb Rolled Oats
8oz Melanoiden Malt
8oz Carared

1oz Strisselspalt to 9.4 IBU

brewing a SN Bigfoot clone BoP at LHBS this Sunday

local brewery has a microbiologist on staff who started his own yeast company, sells that brewery's house yeast. will be using that

he also has a Basque cider yeast he's giving me for testing, will be whipping up an apple wine with that

Got a classic Amber sitting on some oak chips in the secondary and just finished brewing a Belgium Blonde that I will rack on to 5lbs of apricot purée in a few weeks.

Gonna attempt a beer similar to White Rascal cause the wife likes it and I've been know to crush a few myself.

Temps might hit 45 here in Minneapolis this weekend, so I gotta celebrate with something to brew. Haven't brewed since pre-Thanksgiving, but the warm temps make it a possibility again. On my last keg of beer, so its time.

Have Bells yeast on hand and some unknown ingredients. Have to get a yeast starter going tonight and inventory ingredients to put together a recipe.

Just found out my wife's out of town trip with the kids has been extended till Sunday, guess that means I'm brewing AGAIN this week. Hmmmmm, what to brew?

I'm brewing a chocolate vanilla milk stout on Saturday. I'm using the recipe for a milk stout from Brewing Classic Styles and then adding vanilla beans and cacao nibs to the secondary.

Depending on how I feel when I get off work this morning, I will be doing a Kolsch either late this evening as a night brew, or start bright and early Saturday.

This will be my first opportunity to brew since late November because of a move. Thankful that all that is behind me and i'm caught up enough to have a personal play day for once.

Tons to do today after work. Still have to buy groceries for the weekend, get a cpl cylinders of Propane filled and knock out a few house chores today when I get home. Very likely I'll say screw it, sleep in and start off fresh Saturday morning.

It's nice to be back in the game.

I'm starting a pale ale in a few hours and might do something else on Sunday if I find the time.

Intended to brew Imperial Red, but got OT Saturday$$. Trying my raspberry hard lemonaid, but using Belle Saison yeast instead of champagne. For science!

Saturday brew day is Fuller's London Porter clone.
Virgin run with my new coleman 70 qt. mash tun. Should go well.
Done numerous BIAB batches now it's time to go with the mash tun.
My efficiencies with BIAB have been in the 80%-+, not sure if I'll see that efficiency with a mash tun.

Edit:
Ended up brewing two today, the Porter and an ale recipe of Special Export using Golden promise, crystal 10, perle, tettnang and mittlefruh fermented with us-05.

Back