So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be brewing a Belgian Blond, a Witbier, and making 16 lbs of English style invert syrup between the weekend and the following few days while I burn the last of my vacation time for the year. One brew per day, or 8 lbs of the invert (4lb each of #1-4, two batches per day), just not sure which order I'll go in.

Doing my first batch since 2013 tomorrow after we do presents etc.

I started brewing in 2011 and between my obsession with mountain biking and cooking/smoking on my big green egg brewing just took a seat for awhile (shame, I know). Had the itch to start up again so I went to a newer LHBS near me and picked up a new burner and a keg so I don't have to bottle anymore.

I also picked up some ingredients to do a chocolate milk stout, which is what I am brewing tomorrow. :mug:

Here's the new burner and keg.

image.jpg

Went to start brew day, but my burner STB

I would have gone to get a new one if it wasn't Christmas Eve

No brewing until it's replaced

Orange Coriander Pale ale brewed today. Replenishing supplies as my brews have been too popular these last few weeks. :tank:

Did the mash before lunch, brought to the boil and then let it cool while I went for a hike. Finished up before dinner. Worked out pretty well. Stone Ruination up next.

Tomorrows my brew day...OH crap look at the time ...err, ummm, I mean make that today:rockin: I better get...some sleep. Scheeh!

I am off from the 24th to the 4th, so I think that I am going to turn this into a brewcation.

Not sure I will be able to get to it all, but just bottled a spiced cider, planning the make a blueberry wheat cider, strawberry wheat cider, moose drool clone, and a Bavarian Dunkelweizen (family drank almost 2 cases of current batch over Christmas).

I also figured that it is the perfect time, since I am already outside to fire up the smoker and smoke some cheezes and some meatses.

Got an HD giftcard from the in-laws, so I also get to start materials shopping to build my brew station.

Dang, on 2nd thought, I might be less busy if I actually go to work this week.

Making Dr. Smurto's Golden Ale. This is my first attempt at using RO water and acidulated malt. Measuring with Doutest pH strips, I believe I got the mash pH to 5.4.

brewed a porter this morning. I recently got all new equipment. I did a few brews and got horrible eff. 50-60% I did a bunch of tweeks to the equipment, and this morning was kind of a "test run" ended up hitting all my numbers. 81%

Just doughed in a double IPA. Good time to check the forums while i wait. Will get a chance to use the new ferm chamber i got... kind of excited. Hooray temp control!

I finally got a chance to brew. And it's going horribly. Kit is missing the first hop addition. .. it's an ipaso that sucks... then a stuck sparge.... I don't know what to do. ... I guess I'll bring it to a boil... leave the lid on, and pick up some hops tomorrow after work.

Brewing up some blonde wort to put on a sour yeast cake. It was Wyeast French Saison + Brewery Vivant Escoffier Brett dregs + Jolly Pumpkin La Roja dregs.

I'll be bottling and brewing the same day. Should be fun.

Did a partigile today. Bigfoot barley wine and a little foot ale. Turned out good just waiting for things to cool before the yeast.

Going to brew my 2nd beer (Baltic Porter) on the Grainfather if my California Common ever gets done so I can use the 2112 yeast cake.

Brewing a Chinook Columbus DIPA at the moment. Just added the 60 min addition and about to eat some lunch

Just made a 1.5l starter of wlp002 from a slurry. Planning a RIS hopefully Wednesday if time allows. If not, Friday for sure but hoping to put this in the 2015 books.:D

I did a Surly Furious clone and a red citra ipa. The citra red was my own recipe . I am still in extract mode until I can purchase some more equipment.

A menage a trois of blondes an I. Double brew day. Cascade blonde and a Zeus/Chinook blonde.

I am transferring my Cream Ale this evening after work into the keg, followed by a Porter brew day tomorrow... A week or so later, Azacca Single Hop IPA. Trying to fill up my new keezer.

For the porter, the malt bill is comprised of 2-Row, Maris Otter, Chocolate, Munich, 60L and 120L crystal malts, black patent and beechwood smoked malt. Nugget, Crystal and Willamette hops. US-05 yeast.

Our club is buying an oak barrel and have a KBS brew planned to go into it. We don't have a lot of members, and not all of them signed on to participate, so I volunteered to brew 10 gallons for the barrel.

F me, that's a pricey brew! Try adding up the cost of all of the grain, hops, yeast, and coffee, and cacao!

Well, I guess it ages well, so I won't have to brew another RIS for a WHILE! LOL!

Our club is buying an oak barrel and have a KBS brew planned to go into it. We don't have a lot of members, and not all of them signed on to participate, so I volunteered to brew 10 gallons for the barrel.

F me, that's a pricey brew! Try adding up the cost of all of the grain, hops, yeast, and coffee, and cacao!

Well, I guess it ages well, so I won't have to brew another RIS for a WHILE! LOL!

I just brewed a one gallon batch of KBS. That is an expensive 10 gallon recipe. Hope all goes well.

Planning to brew tomorrow, off at 12.

Thinking it's time for an IIPA... going to go for ~9%.

Need to hit my 'Amber' with round 2 of dry hops today and keg on Friday or Saturday.

I will be doing a Belgian Pale ale, the wife wants to try and help, should be fun.
Next week a local brewery is having a wort give a way. all they ask is you return at the end of February and bring some of what you made for a swap. (as of right now, I do not know what the grain bill is.) I am looking forward to the challenge.

Brewing my first 100% Brett fermented IPA on New year's day. Started my Brett last week on a stir plate and it's currently crashing in the fridge. All Brett B, simple grain bill, and I think I'm gonna go w/ Citra, El Dorado and Mosaic for the hops.

I'm brewing now 10 gallons of Edworts Pale ale. I also have a 5 gallon batch of skeeter pee I started yesterday I'll be pitching the yeast later tonight. I kegged 2 5 gallon batches of ipa yesterday. Been a busy couple days for me.

I just went to keg a batch and realized that I don't have the empty one to make that happen. To prevent that from happening further, I am standing down from this brew weekend.

Back