So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about brewing my first 10 gallon batch tomorrow (just got my keggles back from friend who did the cut and weld on em. BEAUTIFUL.) Wanted to do BMs centennial blonde. Still gotta clean up the kegs, tape and thread in the valves/thermometers, and then actually brew the beet.

I'm thinking about brewing my first 10 gallon batch tomorrow (just got my keggles back from friend who did the cut and weld on em. BEAUTIFUL.) Wanted to do BMs centennial blonde. Still gotta clean up the kegs, tape and thread in the valves/thermometers, and then actually brew the beet.

Can I strongly suggest a water boil before first brew day. Even the best welder makes mistakes and finding that with $.005/ gallon tap water is cheap.

Welp... I almost got saison stuff, then I decided to do the Zombie Dust clone.

Then I wished I had settled on the saison.

Dem Citra hops tho... $22.

That's what I get for not buying online.

I buy a lb at a time since the hops are expensive by the ounce. Plus, I know I'll use them up... since I'm a hipster ;)

This morning I brewed up an ESB that had to be "as close to British Real Ale as possible" and Sunday I'm going for a Blonde Ale that has to be "as close to Coors Light as possible but still be real beer". Challenge accepted!

Sterilized 2 whiskey barrels tonight, currently have a gallon of bourbon in each of the barrels in anticipation of a 60 gallon brew weekend in a couple weeks for one of the barrels. Good times ahead.

Going with my first saison / farmhouse. Doing a 12 gallon batch and splitting fermentations so I can do one with 565 and one with 566 (which will also get some Brett c a few days later). Can't wait to see how they turn out!

I'm doing the HT extract clone from Northern Brewer this weekend. Got the Vermont Ale yeast in a starter now. Haven't decided if I will brew on Saturday or Sunday. Kind of depends on the schedule of SWMBO and I still need to pick up water, get the CO2 tank refilled and do a test run on my new kettle to make sure the fittings aren't leaking. Looking like Sunday at this point.

I was going to. Still might. Who wants to be bored with the details? 10,000ft.: Recipe, wrong bag of base grain (thought was right, duh), two weeks to figure that one out, hydro, damn that's dark, doh!!!!!

Last 2 extracts tomorrow, a stout and an IPA that was specifically requested for a restaurant opening in May.
My new mash tun should be here Monday. I hope my next batch to be my first all grain

I just finished brewing a batch of Basic Brew 80 / Scottish Ale. This is my second batch, the first one I brewed last August. SWMBO (the one who originally does not like the taste of beer) tasted it and fell in love with it. Ah, there is now bliss in the home brewery.

BCS Belgian Pale Ale Sunday.

That 3655 Belgian Schelde is hard to find. My LHBS said it was seasonal. Anyway, I'm two-stepping a starter from a pack that was six months old. Cold crashing Step 1 right now. Looks good so far.

Almost done mashing my Speckled Heifer (Spotted Cow Clone) kit from Northern Brewer! I gotta have a nice cream ale ready in time for summer...

Just dry hopped a pale ale and put it back downstairs for 5 days. I was going to dry hop with pellets, but then realized I had some home harvested chinook in the freezer, so dry hopped with my own personal chinook, cascade and centennial.

Had the brew day from hell today. American lager with 25% rice. False bottom plugged, mash stuck twice, and my pump flow control valve kept plugging with grain. 3 hours after I started I was finally able to lauter. Surprised I didn't lose it.

Had the brew day from hell today. American lager with 25% rice. False bottom plugged, mash stuck twice, and my pump flow control valve kept plugging with grain. 3 hours after I started I was finally able to lauter. Surprised I didn't lose it.

I've felt your pain before, the important part is you persevered

10 gal batch of a hoppy red ale strike water heating. Just realized I only have 1 pack of us05 left, Trying to decide whether to split that and hydrate or try to run out to a lhbs and pick up more yeast. Third option leave a fermenter unpitched for a couple days and order yeast from Amazon prime.

Filled up my last fermenter today with an American Rye.

Last week it was an IPA.

Couple weeks before it was an 11% Russian Imperial Stout.

Now I can start building my e-rig.

10835103_875590692498198_4238400554888198069_o.jpg

This week I brewed 10g of Oatmeal Stout and 10g of Kolsch. My first 2 batches brewing. Went big time - all grain, BIAB, no chill, brew bags I made, brew stand I made, and stepped up yeasts. The Kolsch had a step mash that in the thread, most people said they don't actually step mash. So I wanted to see if I "could" in case I ever have a recipe where I need to. Literally nailed every single temperature right on the money. I have big hopes for this beer.

All I could manage to knock out was a couple batches of Kombucha yesterday and tonight. So much going on lately...next brew day may be a couple of weeks away, at the earliest. And I'm itchin' to use my new wort chiller! (And I need to figure out how I'm going to set it up.)

I need to start bottling, labeling and prepping the old race car for sale but I am contemplating a new pale ale anyway...

10 gal of an American Wheat with all Motueka hops. Need to propagate some yeast, so I will be using 1056 on one carboy and 1968 on the other.

Back