So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
going to go buy the stuff for either a english pale ale that I made the recipe for or a blueberry wheat. Any opinions on which to brew I'm torn

Moving wheat from Primaries to Secondaries tonight. One will have Peaches and Walnuts, the other Cherry (Tart). Puree is done and frozen, used my Jack Lalane juicer (ran pulp through a few times...worked great). Tonight just simmer and introduce, clean Primaries for a 5 gallon batch of BrianO's Graff maybe tomorrow.

Okay, just placed the order. Brewing either a simcoe/amarillo IPA or a Stone Old Guardian 2009 clone this weekend if the grain gets here in time. I have faith. :)

I'm going to brew a Saison this weekend with tangerine peel, grains of paradise, black pepper, and coriander. I will bottle my 1 gal batch of cider and my Blonde Ale also this weekend.

I kind of want to brew a saison this weekend too, but I also want to go downstate and play with my car, and my FILs car. He is very close to having it painted, and we want to wet the whole car down and check it out wet in the sun for any flaws before he trailers it to the paint shop.

If my wife decides I should be home instead, I will play with my car up here and veyr likely brew that beer. I got some good hints on how to brew a Golden Cap saison from New Holland. Straight from the head brewer himself.

hope to brew on friday.

please see my extract post old blonde ale too old. depends on the answers.

i need to clean the peanut oil out of the pot since thanksgiving (i gotta get busy).

just brewed a red ale last weekend. plan to do another batch of the same this weekend. the black lager is tasting mighty good at the moment :D. :mug:

I love this new hobby. Just bottled a Pale Ale last night. A new bottling tree really made bottling more efficient. A two hearted clone with Amarillo over Centennial and a Rye PA have hit 3 weeks of bottling condition this weekend. SWMBO is heading down to visit the in-laws this weekend, so I'm batchin' it and may get two empty carboys filled with an Amber Ale.

I am going to brew a Pale ale of some sort on Sunday. I have 2 oz of Summit hops staring at me so I gotta get rid of them.

Took today off work. Just mashed in my first batch of Cream of 3 Crops. It's a gorgeous day. The Giants home opener starts in a few hours. I've got 3 racks of ribs to put on the smoker later. Life is good.

going to brew today. I planned on doing Denny's RIPA and when I went to the Home Brew Mart they didn't have everything I needed so I had to make some on the fly adjustments. there were no Mt. Hood hops or any comparable substitute so I decided to sub in cascade. they didn't Have regular wheat malt so I had to get red wheat malt and only had the last suggested yeast (safale 05) so lets see how this bad boy turns out!

Took today off work. Just mashed in my first batch of Cream of 3 Crops. It's a gorgeous day. The Giants home opener starts in a few hours. I've got 3 racks of ribs to put on the smoker later. Life is good.

Almost took today off work, just wanted to get caught up on bottling before this next big brew push next week. (no brewing this weekend, kid visit weekend)

Mashing, Ribs on Smoker, and Baseball Home Opener! Life is good, you lucky dog!

I am going to brew a HAPA on sunday. Can't wait.

HAPA= High Altitude Pale Ale.

I felt left out. all these pale ale names for different regions. I felt the rockies needed to chime in.

I am going to brew Jamil's Hop Hammer aka Pliny the Elder clone on Saturday or Sunday. I just need to go pick up the rest of what I need from the LHBS.

Definitely jealous of BakerStreetBeers though.

Heating up the mash water...

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 5.03 gal
Estimated OG: 1.056 SG
Estimated Color: 6.4 SRM
Estimated IBU: 51.1 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
10.00 lb Brewers Malt 2-Row (Briess) (1.8 SRM) Grain 83.33 %
0.75 lb Munich I (Weyermann) (7.1 SRM) Grain 6.25 %
0.75 lb Victory Malt (biscuit) (Briess) (28.0 SRM)Grain 6.25 %
0.50 lb Wheat - White Malt (Briess) (2.3 SRM) Grain 4.17 %
28.35 gm Cascade [7.60 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -
28.35 gm Centennial [9.10 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -
18.43 gm Magnum [13.00 %] (60 min) Hops 32.1 IBU
7.09 gm Cascade [7.60 %] (60 min) Hops 7.2 IBU
7.09 gm Centennial [9.10 %] (60 min) Hops 8.6 IBU
7.09 gm Centennial [9.10 %] (10 min) Hops 1.7 IBU
7.09 gm Cascade [7.60 %] (10 min) Hops 1.4 IBU
14.17 gm Centennial [9.10 %] (0 min) Hops -
14.17 gm Cascade [7.60 %] (0 min) Hops -
0.50 tbsp PH 5.2 Stabilizer (Mash 60.0 min) Misc
1.00 gm Calcium Chloride (Boil 60.0 min) Misc
1.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
2.00 gm Chalk (Mash 60.0 min) Misc
4.00 gm Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Boil 60.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs American Ale Yeast (Fermentis #US-05) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 12.00 lb
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
60 min Mash In Add 15.00 qt of water at 168.1 F 154.0 F

Currently mashing EdWort's Haus Pale Ale PM with a modified hop schedule. I'm dumping it on a 1056 yeast cake from the previous brew. Gotta love when things go as planned!

Mashing Oatmeal chocolate imperial stout. Mashed a little too high at 156 F But I need a reliable therm for the MLT. Just bought a new thermometer and it was reading 8 degrees higher than the old one. Double checked the new one with a cheap digi meat therm and they were more closer in range to each other.

I haven't brewed in about a year, because of a move. Going to order the stuff to do a 3 Floyd's Gumball Head clone this weekend. So, hopefully next weekend I will be back brewing.

yummy, brewed a gumball head clone with half pound of chocolate wheat and it was insane. Killed 5 gallons in a week and a half.

i know a guy who needs a 10 gallon cooler. Dough in on my Oatmeal Stout. 13.25 lb grain bill leaves no room left for a mash out. I'll have to drain some wort out first. Oh well, hope it turns out well

I'm brewing a coconut porter in the style of Maui Brewing Co.'s. in the early AM.

Ingredients:
22.0 lb Maris Otter
1.0 lb Black Malt
1.0 lb Chocolate Malt
1.0 lb Caramel Pils
28 oz Toasted Coconut in mash
3.0 oz Goldings (5.0%) - added during boil, boiled 60 min
28 oz Toasted Coconut Added during boil at 10 min
1.0 oz Fuggle leaf (4.8%) - added during boil, boiled 1 min
2.0 ea Fermentis S-04 Safale S-04
28 oz Toasted Coconut (dry hop) - added dry to secondary fermenter

Back