So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First 10gal batch

Slims lemon lime hefe always a smer crowd pleaser

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399207683.003563.jpg

Between a double batch Big Brew Day, keeping an eye on the hockey playoffs, building a clone of my RaspberryPints server ("It's alive!") and successfully killing the last of a dark ale so its successor could take its spot on tap, Saturday was a good day. And aside from the &^#%$! rain Sunday started off nicely with dueling krausens...

Cheers!

ab_may_03_2014_12_sm.jpg

Boulevard Tank 7 clone. Finally found some Amarillo and bought a bunch so I can hopefully succeed this time

Yeah,me too! I pitched on the ESB I brewed yesterday about 9pm. By the wee hours,it was bubbling merrily. That's what happens when the starter/re-hydrate is pitched within 10 degrees of wort temp. :rockin:

Brewed a lambic yesterday. I generally keep a "hands off" approach to my sours,, so apart from refilling the airlock I plan to pretty much ignore it.

It's a test in patience but it's always worth it. I brew 6 gallons of oud bruin every year. It's awesome that it costs me ~$30 and an 11.2oz bottle is usually $5-$8 :D

It's a test in patience but it's always worth it. I brew 6 gallons of oud bruin every year. It's awesome that it costs me ~$30 and an 11.2oz bottle is usually $5-$8 :D

Yeah as long as you have the patience and somewhere to cram the fermenters away it is definitely way cheaper to brew your own sours than to buy them. Of course, that doesn't keep me from indulging in them anyway...

Two big batches of sour and a ginger cider in the fermenters.

12 Gallons lightly smoked Berliner Weisse
12 Gallons Gose
6 gallons ginger cider

Weather permitting, I might do a 7.5 gallon batch of wit tomorrow.

Did the HBT-famous Lake Walk Pale Ale today. Used a very healthy pitch of S-04 and 60 seconds of o2. It's happily bubbling away in my ferm chamber. Moved my ESB to the keg. Good weekend.

The ESB I brewed on NHB day was bubbling like a machine pistol yesterday. Constant burps of bubbles that held the center piece up for long,steady streams like it might need a blow off. Darn near did. slowing down today with the re-hydrated S-04. The Irish red has been in the fermenter 1 week as of yesterday. It's bubbling occasionally as it finishes up atm. I'm starting to like this S-04 yeast,as it does seem to work quickly.

YES! Hopefully Saturday. Sunday if my grains don't come in time. Using my new turkey fryer, and doing my second all-grain batch. Looking forward to it immensely

Finishing up putting things away from NHB day last Saturday. My Petite Saison de'ete is supposed to be delivered tomorrow from NB that I ordered last Sunday. When the red is done,the saison gets brewed.

brewing up my house amarillo pale ale on Friday and then our home brew club is brewing up a dragon's milk clone to age in a 55 gallon barrel we got from Revolution. I think there are 4 brew sites for the day and some are doing double batches so that we can fill the barrel at the end of the month!

&#^%@$! dammit. Got a leak in the roof, a gable that really needs some love, and almost 200 feet of deck railing with friggin' building-code-meeting balusters every 4" that needs staining. BUT I just kicked another keg - the third one to go this week - and the backup kegs are taking a beating.

Priority? Stick a pail under the leak, ignore the gable and the bare nekkid railing, and brew, obviously :rockin:

Cheers!

I'm planning on brewing a SMaSH Saison this weekend. 2-row, Saaz Hops, and French Saison yeast.

Man, have I got a bottleneck! I brewed a tripel a month ago, and it's still 10+ points from finishing, and the witbier from 2+ weeks ago is still bubbling away, then my double brew day on Sunday loaded up my last glass primary, and I had to use a plastic fermentor for the second batch. So both fermentation chambers are loaded and all my primaries are full and I am stuck THINKING about brewing and not actually brewing. But boy, is my pipeline going to be set!

Going to brew up a really hoppy but lightly bitter pale ale this weekend. Just kegged and carbed 10 gallons of Pliny which I am happy to say I nailed!! I need a lower ABV beer now, can't have more then 2 of those 8.1% plinys a night or I pay the next morning

I tried my Munich/Tett smash yesterday and decided that this weekend, I must brew another Munich smash. I'm thinking Spalter Select.

Just found out last night that SWMBO is heading out for a sheep and wool festival for the weekend. Perfect excuse for me to brew my Wild Mahogany American Brown on Sunday! Yeast starter starting tomorrow (double step from frozen yeast).

Halfway through the boil on my MO/warrior-nelson SMaDH IPA. These Nelson hops sure smell good

If supplies come in ill be doing my first 10 gal batch right after bottling an ESB.

Also told The Boy we'd make root beer for his birthday.

Latest posts

Back