So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weekend I hit the LHBS and then bottled a Sticke Alt and Doppelsticke Alt. Busy weekend coming up next weekend though. Between tomorrow and Tuesday nights I'll make a couple starters and get a sour mash started for a Berliner Weisse. Over the weekend I'll finish up the boil on the Berliner Weisse, bottle my Roggenbier and Weizenbock, brew the CYBY Arrogant Bastard clone #2 recipe, and brew a Spruce Brown Ale.

Did an Irish red ale today. Opened my problem carb child American Pale Ale. It's on its way to be a good one!!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Home Brew mobile app

Brewing jamils evil twin right now. Brew day started off a little crazy when I realized my march pumps were frozen. Luckily some boiling water solved the issue and everything seems to have gotten back on track.

Monday is my weekend. I'm brewing right now. Sparge is running off--8 gallon batch size to 1060 with pils and carapils. Half will be watered down to about 1050 and hopped with tettanang for a pils, the other half will be sugared up and get some 3787 for a trippel. Should give 8.5-9 gallons total. This is my first brew-day for a friend's up-coming wedding. 7 gallons of cider already in bottles, and two more huge brew days should put us near 40 gallons total for favors and reception.

Nothing this weekend. Got busy and didn't get my stuff in order beforehand. Maybe this weekend. I really need a new kegged beer. The two Rye Pale Ale beers I brewed a while back aren't that good. Since then it's been all small batch or Big Beer brews, which I will bottle.

It will start warming up soon (You hear that, Weather!??) so I might put together a simple Witbier in anticipation. I enjoy them year round anyway, so why not.

Brewing my first IPA next weekend

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

1392654162918.jpg

Brewing a wheat with some coriander and orange peel. Oh and it's going down during yet another snow storm in Chicago, 6-8 inches coming down, had to shovel a path to the garage!

Just finished a cascade pale ale. Mashing an american wheat right now.

Just brewed a double batch today. 4 gallons of a Russian Imperial Stout (OG: 1.112)and 5 gallons of a plain ol' IPA.

Made a California Common extract w/ specialty grain kit from my lhbs on Sunday. Never tried the style so here's to hoping its tasty!

I picked up some liquid yeast, which is hard to get here. I need to grow it, harvest it and freeze it, so I am going to do 20 gallons this weekend.

10 Simple Lager
10 Low Gravity Belgian Ale (1.045 or so)

Will be keeping the recipes low alcohol to not hurt the yeast, and low hops to minimize the washing required.

Gonna do an Irish Red attempting to clone George Killians.. we'll see how she goes

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

I am prepping for a medium bodied lager with Mexican Lager yeast. This time of the year my garage maintains temps in the mid to low 40's. I have a Grolsch clone fermenting out there now. I will try to brew 4 or 5 more Lagers over the next week or so.

Doing a double brew day...20 gallons total ....10 gallons of a Mosaic, Citra and Nelson Sauvin hopped IPA and 10 gallons of a Rye IPA

Big Brew at the brewery Saturday! Recipe of the month is a blonde...1/2 price ingredients and they chill the wort. Planning to add strawberries...some at a couple of minutes before flameout and some in secondary. Maybe. I'll also be bottling my American wheat beer with citra and citrus.

Brewed an iipa this morning. Had some isses trying to brew with three kids under 6 (one of which strapped to my back!). Had a little boil over when I looked away for a second at a screaming kid, but hit close to OG, so I'm hopeful it'll work out as planned. Happy brewing.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Home Brew mobile app

Yum!!! Sounds delicious! Please consider posting the recipe!!!

10 gallons

14 lb 2 row
1lb 8oz roasted barley
1lb 8oz crystal 60
3lb chocolate malt
1lb 8oz Munich malt
1lb 4oz flaked barley
1lb flaked oats
2lb lactose
.7oz magnum 60 min
2oz goldings 10 min

2pkg California ale

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Big Brew at the brewery Saturday! Recipe of the month is a blonde...1/2 price ingredients and they chill the wort. Planning to add strawberries...some at a couple of minutes before flameout and some in secondary. Maybe. I'll also be bottling my American wheat beer with citra and citrus.

Just saw this. I'll see you there! I didn't know you decided to add some at flameout, that is a good idea. My goal is to do 10 gallons, one the way of the recipe and the other with Denny's Favorite yeast and strawberries. We shall swap!

So like this guy, I'll be brewing the same blonde ale this weekend.

Just saw this. I'll see you there! I didn't know you decided to add some at flameout, that is a good idea. My goal is to do 10 gallons, one the way of the recipe and the other with Denny's Favorite yeast and strawberries. We shall swap!

So like this guy, I'll be brewing the same blonde ale this weekend.

I found frozen strawberries for $4.39/2lb package at Food Lion...bought 3 pkgs. I think I will do them all at flameout and skip secondary, unless someone convinces me that I'm going to ruin it or something! Keeping it simple, tweak future batches if this one indicates I should. What do you think? "Hello", in my PM I asked if you were going to do some without strawberries...I should have reviewed here first ...I see you addressed that. What is "Denny's Favorite yeast"? What's the expectation from it?

Back