So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made an Amber from Brewing Classic Styles, and everything went well until it came time to put it into my betterbottle. I have only used buckets until now, and tried using an Siphontap with poor results. Ended up using my Autosiphon, but it was getting clogged with hops and crap, so I kinda had to use it as a pump rather than a siphon. I only ended up with about 4 gal but it sure looks good.

Doing a 5 gallon batch of stout today while listening to the latest Basic Brewing podcast. Just for run, I'm throwing in 1 oz of Saaz pellets @ 15 minutes...never used Saaz before, and I'm really curious to see a) what they're like and b) what a (sorta) hoppy stout is like.

Did my second all grain today. Austin Homebrew supply British IPA!!!

Nice! I just brewed that on Wednesday. I altered the hop schedule to my liking. I did a half ounce of Magnum @ 60, 2 oz EKG @ 10, 2 oz EKG @ 5, and I saved an ounce of EKG to dry hop with.

I'll be brewing my American Stout on monday or tuesday.

so get this i am going to go and do a one vessel brew tomorrow because my 20 gal pot from blichmann is not come back yet, i ordered a fifteen and a twenty got the twenty and had defects in my mind and got the 15 gal pot its just fine but i guess blichmann got mixed up and sent me another 15 galoon pot, this i did not receive but fedex shows delivered, waiting on word from blichmann about what to do next...but i am going to do me and ipa and call it the one legged hop....

I wasn't gonna brew because I have 10 gallons of pecan porter in fermenters from last weekend and 10 gallons of helles from the weekend before that... but then I realized I'm off Monday dangit so I *must* brew, so I stopped by Austin Homebrew today and picked up a 5 gallon Haitian Recovery Red Ale partial mash kit. That will give me something to :drunk: while the pecan porter is conditioning in kegs. ;)

belgian witbier here So stoked to have a day off and MAKE SOME BEER! Feels like its been ages, even though I just brewed on sunday.

Cheers to this hobby!

A simple English Mild on Sunday night. I am using the recipe from Jamil and John Plamer's book.

I guess my beer is my valentine. :mug:

If I make it to Morebeer early enough I will be brewing a California Common. Just had my 3 new kegs delivered today. Hopefully I will have the Keezer done by the time it is ready!

hmm.. just brewed yesterday but itching to brew again. Maybe a barleywine on monday... it is one of my least favorite styles and I have never brewed one, so maybe I should give it a shake.

Just sealed the fermenter on a Simcoe/Cascade IPA. Had a great brew day, hit all my numbers. . .kickin' back w/a cold one!

This thread is great. Now we know there are always people in the community brewing. I am not brewing this week end but I am bottling a chocolate mint stout. Good luck to you all.

Not necessarily. My last barleywine went from 1.114 to 1.020.

touche. that's impressive. my 70/- ended up 4 points higher anyway, at around 1.042. damn you BMW and your ridiculous crush! :)

I am exhausted. i have to stop starting so late. dough-in at 2:30, oxyclean at 8pm....but having max fermentation capacity is a good feeling ;)

next up: kolsch, or a brown....or more porter, it is the wife's favorite....but i need a week or so to re-coup.

Back