So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got 'how rye I am' Saison planned for Saturday afternoon /evening. Teaching / showing my neighbor how to brew. We were going to do a bourbon barrel aged ale, but talked him into an easier brew for his first time. He buys the ingredients, brew on my equipment and split the outcome...I think I got the better end of that deal. ;)

Just started a blonde with my assistant.

image-277955707.jpg

No brewing this Weekend Going on Vacation to Vacation Land. For all of you who don't know thats Maine!! Gonna stay for a week and going to see The Sox as well. Any new beers I should try while i'm up there? Aside from Shipyard that is.

When I get back I'm going to brew and extract brew with all home malted barley should be yummy!

Shipyard is the worst craft beer in the state imho. Try some Allagash, Maine beer company, atlantic brewing, oxbow, Marshall wharf, penobscot bay brewery, It all depends on where you are staying, just don't fill up on swill like shipyard.

Ten gallons of a Weyerbachers Insanity barley wine. My buddy came up with a clone that is so close to Insanity that its insane!!!

Brewing an all grain Fantome Saison from Beer Captured. Made it last year with extract and really liked it. Of course, I have to mix it up a little, so in addition to the juice in the secondary I am adding a half lb dextrose and the dregs from an Orval and Santification for a little funkiness. Going to keep in in the upper 50's for 3-4 months and see what I get. Happy home brewing.

Gonna brew a white IPA and transfer an IPA and dry hop. Today will be mostly sampling: nut in yo' brown eye (brown ale), second go at my basement wheat, big boys and girls need loving too (11%abv, 119IBUS IIPA/Light Bodied Barley Wine), Dominatrix IPA (based off of Ninkasi's Total Domination)

First brew day was today!

Caribou slobber brown ale. Had some hiccups along the way but I'll still have beer in a few weeks. Did a full boil (with the specialty grains in 1.5 gallons separately) so I reduced the hops by 30% (used a calculator).

Tried the cooled wort after taking a reading (low of course) and it was so sweet but so bitter at the same time.

Just wish my temp controller had made it in time. Midwest needs to get their shipping department in order. 5 days before shipping is not cool. Set up a swamp cooler and I'm praying I won't have off flavors

Thanks HBT for all the great threads and info that made today go so much more smoothly than expected! :mug:

Shenanigan said:
First brew day was today!

Caribou slobber brown ale. Had some hiccups along the way but I'll still have beer in a few weeks. Did a full boil (with the specialty grains in 1.5 gallons separately) so I reduced the hops by 30% (used a calculator).

Tried the cooled wort after taking a reading (low of course) and it was so sweet but so bitter at the same time.

Just wish my temp controller had made it in time. Midwest needs to get their shipping department in order. 5 days before shipping is not cool. Set up a swamp cooler and I'm praying I won't have off flavors

Thanks HBT for all the great threads and info that made today go so much more smoothly than expected! :mug:

Congrats on the first! Hope there will be many more great brews in the future for you! Keep us updated about how your first brew turns out!

Just put together my new Blichmann burner and, man, am I excited. Brewing up a Red Rye Amber with it tomorrow!!!:rockin:

My yearly Super Pale Ale is finally getting brewed (I change it every year), this year with cascade, mosaic, and sweet orange peel...wlp007

Got Austin city limits playing from the living room

Went to the LHBS. Did inventory of my bottle stash. Dosed a beer with champagne yeast that hasn't carbonated after 8 months in bottles (think I exceeded the alcohol tolerance of the yeast). Tomorrow, I'm going to get a nice big starter going on the stir plate for the Quadrupel I'll brew in the couple days I took off prior to NHC. Making wort, pitching yeast, I count it as "brewing", sort of.

I brewed a red IPA today. Turned out very well. 1.076 OG and nice red color. Made homemade mozzarella cheese at the same time. Wow, that was a bit much for one day.

Red IPA.jpg

Mozzarella.jpg

Just getting it going now! An extract kit from NB for 5 gallons of ESB... Been wanting to do this for a week now.

image-1858927389.jpg

Got everything outta the fridge & freezer warming up to brew up that 2nd Midwest PM Berlin Wheat kit. gunna cut the flavor hop addition from 30 down to 20 minutes. I'll add some Trulemon crystal to the priming solution at bottling time. thought a smooth lemon spice might be interesting from the Haulertaur Mittelfruh.

unionrdr said:
Got everything outta the fridge & freezer warming up to brew up that 2nd Midwest PM Berlin Wheat kit. gunna cut the flavor hop addition from 30 down to 20 minutes. I'll add some Trulemon crystal to the priming solution at bottling time. thought a smooth lemon spice might be interesting from the Haulertaur Mittelfruh.

Gazundheit!

Reminds me of Last Action Hero. "...this Arnold Bransweiger guy." "Swartzanegger!" "Gazundheit!"...:D Finally had to use an Exacto knife with the 1" trim brush to clean the grain mill. Some grain kernals got mashed into the knurls on the rollers & had to be picked out. Gotta crush 4lbs of grains for the BW.

Brewing a Bohemian Pilsner right now (Nathan's recipe). This was my first attempt at decoction mashing, hope it turns out ok.

I'll probably brew it again later with a single infusion mash and compare the results.

Waiting for a $%& I forgot the saaz succulent strawberry blonde to cool down (subbed citra and upped the cascade)... then bottling batch #1 of Edwort's apfelwein, then making my 3rd batch on that yeast cake

I'm testing out new brew equipment tomorrow. I'm going to try a belgian witbier that I got from a local brew store. I'm down to my last Oatmeal Stout from the last brew so I figure its time to start brewing.

Back