So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy. A Bohemia clone or as close as I can get, and a Row 2 Hill 56 clone. Then on to getting those fall and winter beers going.

Bottling a Cream Ale.

And, if time permits, brewing a weizen recipe I am thinking of entering in a competition in September.

I going to brew a Vienna lager from my lhbs recipe. The only diff is I told him to add another 4 lbs of grain. I must be getting immune to the lighter beers 4.5 abv would be like drinking soda pop.

Wife and 2 of 3 kids will be out of the house most of the day Sunday. I think I'm going to try and recreate my blonde that is about to run out. This will my first brew since getting:

1. Grain mill
2. Thermapen
3. Fermentation chamber

Pretty geeked about it.

Starting my Fall brewing with an 11 gal. Oktoberfest. The best part of this brew day is that my 21 year old niece will be brewing with me. I love when people express a wish to brew. Just passing on a family tradition.

I have the plan for a single hop series (APA) this summer. Tonight was Galaxy...then Simcoe, Centennial and Amarillo.

Last night (Friday) I bottled a Milk Stout, so I can rack my Imperial Nut Brown to secondary today. Then I'm brewing a quick-turnaround Summer Ale on Sunday--should be nice when we're fishing in the dog days of summer.

2013 motto = "No empty carboys."

Kegged 10 Gallons of an Imperial SMASH Blonde, brewed with 100% American 2 Row and Sterling Hops. Came in at a solid 7.3%.

Brewing 20 gallons of a Wit today, boiling batch #1 now. Gonna fill up a Sanke keg for a boat party, and save the last 5 gallons for personal consumption ;)

Blonde Ale is boiling as I type... Its a brew for our first child's Co-ed Baby Shower. I have a feeling that it'll be a big hit...

Looks like that forest fire is heading your way. If you get over there right quick you might be able to smoke some malt! :D Beautifull back yard & view.
I'm finishing up some cleaning after soaking the fermenter & hop socks from last weekend's bottling & brew days. Wanna brew up that 2nd PM Berlin Wheat kit with a couple changes. That'll be 10 gallons of it bottled about a week apart if all goes well.

A nice Malty Amber

ForumRunner_20130601_145103.jpg

Brewing an Apricot Wheat. This will be my first wheat brewed as I'm not a huge fan of wheat beers but my wife loves them. Kegging a Blonde Ale and transfering an American Brown Ale to Secondary.

Brewed a random IPA yesterday that i designed the recipe in about an hour. Used some summit, willamette and Amarillo (trying to
make space in my hop bank) Not sure what to even call it yet.

Also got a 4 day weekend so I've got WIPA lined up as well if I can find a bung for my better bottle (the one and only LHBS was out...)

brewed a random ipa yesterday that i designed the recipe in about an hour. Used some summit, willamette and amarillo (trying to
make space in my hop bank) not sure what to even call it yet.

Also got a 4 day weekend so i've got wipa lined up as well if i can find a bung for my better bottle (the one and only lhbs was out...)

wipa???

Brewed another 25l of Berliner Weiße because you cannot have too much plus it takes a long time to mature.
OG = 1.035 (too much efficiency! ;) I'll dilute it with 3 liters of water to reach my 3% ABV goal...

Tonight I transferred some succulent strawberry blonde to tertiary (yum), and brewed a pm batch of rye pa that missed the og by quite a bit... ingredients for repeating a good white IPA and the strawberry blonde are calling me for this weekend...and maybe bottling either one of the batches of gluten free orange honey ale or some apfelwein... it's gonna be a busy weekend!

Brewing a test batch of an Imperial IPA recipe I came up with for a competition in August. 16oz of hops for a 5 gallon batch....yum.

I will be brewing an extract peach wheat this weekend to be ready for the 4th!

50 min boil
2 oz. of Tettnanger @ 45min
1 oz. of Goldings @ 5min
7lbs. of breiss wheat LME
2lbs clover honey
1010 Wyeast Wheat yeast packet
Rack on top of Peach puree into secondary at week 2

AND...

I will be bottling my IIPA to sit for about 6mths to 1yr...waaaaayyyy too hoppy!

I'm hoping to brew 10 gallons of the WH honey ale, along with 10 gallons of the WH honey porter on Saturday; Depending on weather.

Latest posts

Back