So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished making up an Bravo/Falconer's Flight IPA, using Grape-nuts cereal in the mash.

One more beer to make before I am out of the country for two months. I want my pipelines full when I get back.

Brewing Kate the Great RIS and second runnings will be a schwarzbier. In the first boil now.

nukebrewer said:
I just finished sparging an IPA I've been wanting to brew.

Did you end up going with that Badfish by any chance?

Getting all my stuff together now to brew another original recipe IPA... Simcoe and Cascade, fresh ginger root, and blood orangeade. Been excited to make this one.

KeyWestBrewing said:
Did you end up going with that Badfish by any chance?

Getting all my stuff together now to brew another original recipe IPA... Simcoe and Cascade, fresh ginger root, and blood orangeade. Been excited to make this one.

No, today was an all-grain rebrew of an extract IPA I did way back in 2008. I has this recipe formulated weeks ago and was really excited about it, so I went ahead and brewed it. I actually considered doing a double brew day to do the Badfish, but while I was mashing the Jacksnap Reboot SWMBO tells me the in-laws were paying us a surprise visit, so that plan went to hell. Next weekend I'm brewing a blonde for a wedding I'm going to in October, so I'll either piggyback the Badfish onto that brew day or do it the very next weekend.

That IPA you just described sounds very promising. I'd like to hear how it comes out. I'm really excited to see how mine comes out, since it was my first time doing water treatment and the hop bill was decent size with FWH, lots of late hops (all Cascade) and I'll be dry hopping with Willamette.

Special Dark Vanilla Porter!

ForumRunner_20120916_151528.jpg

Doing a dry rye stout and a wet hop, hop bursted IPA this weekend. Both should be pretty badass, I hope - the stout's going to use a combination of chocolate rye and flaked rye (as well as black patent and all the rest), whereas the IPA is going to use four pounds of wet hops (citra and chinook) that should reach the kettle within 36 hours of having been picked.

This coming weekend (09/22) I will be brewing my first Holiday/Christmas beer. Hoping it comes out well and that I do okay with the spice additions.

Working on brewing this coming weekend. Western Michigan Bronco Football on Saturday. Then return home and maybe get a brew in before Crankers Brewery hosts a "corn roast" get-together for mug club members!

What to brew?

Brewing a couple of batches of wheat beer. One will get the Autumn Olives picked in my front yard, the other will get the blackberries harvested out of my "North Fourty" pasture.

What to brew?

The eternal question. Go with your gut. Literally...whatever you're thirsty for.

I brewed a little experiment this weekend. Made a dark wheat...like super dark. Jet black. Used chocolate wheat for the color. Used all English hops and Wyeast London Ale III yeast. Tasted good going into the fermenter.

Green Flash IPA clone with Simcoe bittering, Simcoe flavoring and Simcoe/Cascade dry hopping.

Used my new toys: a banjo burner, 8 gal Polarware brew pot, a stir plate and a wort oxygenator wand. Had a great deal of fun... as soon as I learned to regulate the O2 properly on the banjo burner!

Reducing 3 quarts of first runnings to a caramel with 1 lb of lactose for our creme brulee stout try

ForumRunner_20120917_160342.jpg

ForumRunner_20120917_161312.jpg

HBT member Bob's extract session mild will be on the boil later this AM. I haven't done a stove top extract brew in what feels like forever.

I haven't even so much as tasted a mild before, but an easy to session brownish ale sounds really nice for the coming fall. And if this style is as enjoyable as the other British ales I've been into lately, then it will be a staple around here.

Brewed a double batch this past Friday, first double in quite a while:
- Smoked Pumpkin Spice Ale (Pumpkin Spice recipe with some smoked malt)
- Columbus Day IPA (Mostly Columbus Hops with a touch of Cascade)..hope it's ready for Columbus day.

I'm brewing Baddest Amba Jamma this weekend. It's Badder Amba Jamma cranked up to an Imperial Red. I'll also be racking and topping off a cider.

I've seriously got the busiest beer weekend I've ever had this weekend. Bottling my imperial sweet stout and my pumpkin ale. Brewing a blonde for the wedding I'm going to in October and brewing KeyWestBrewing's Badfish IIPA. I'm not sure in which order all of this will happen, but it will all get done assuming the hops get here by Friday for the Badfish. Damn KWB had to use all hop varieties I don't have, one of which being Citra which was pretty hard to track down.

Gearing up for a home brew Oktoberfest (not all German style beers, but who's complaining) for last weekend in October. Brewed a Belgian IPA last night and going to do a dead guy clone this weekend. Thats roughly about 5 weeks from kettle to keg tap, should be enough time to mellow with 2 weeks in the keg, right?

Trying to decide between a pumpkin porter, berliner weisse or a lime basil saison. I'm gonna be doing all three eventually but I'm not sure what's on the schedule for this weekend yet.

I'd say it has to be the porter. The saison sounds fantastic but more of a light, warm weather kind of beer. Can't go wrong with a pumpkin porter in the fall.

Time to bottle my first beer ever, a robust porter, followed by brewing cheese's vanilla caramel cream ale. Then I've got to recruit some friends to help me drink 50 more bottles so i can bottle my Boston ale next weekend.

29thfloor said:
Trying to decide between a pumpkin porter, berliner weisse or a lime basil saison. I'm gonna be doing all three eventually but I'm not sure what's on the schedule for this weekend yet.

I would brew the pumpkin first so you have it for Halloween, then

Bottling my American Light ale this week and will brew a cream ale this weekend. Might try a batch of cider, too

So, what IPA should I brew next? I've done Mrbowenz English style, Victory Hop Devil, Sierra Nevada Celebration, LakeFront IPA, Bells Two Hearted, Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, Enhocs IPA, a Columbus day IPA (mostly with Columbus hops) and probably a few more I can't remember.

I tend to like a medium amount of bitterness (for an IPA) with a nice in your face hop aroma. Any other favorites out there or do a re-do? I'm so wishy washy today.

I love Green Flash West Coast IPA, CYBI did it a while back and the recipe is on here somewhere. I make 8 gal of it a few weeks back and just bottled it, tasted great!

Thanks, here it is I think: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/green-flash-west-coast-ipa-jamil-show-171700/. I've been looking at this one (don't get it here in the waste lands of NY). About 7.5 ounces of Hops for 6 gallons, wow. The only thing I don't like is that this will eat into my precious stockpile of Simcoe and Amarillo. (I've got bunches of Columbus and about 10 POUNDS of cascade :ban:, so I can use them like they were water.)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Getting my ingredients together for brewing a pumpkin spice ale on Saturday. Recipe is based on one I found in "Brewing Classic Styles."

Jaehnig said:
Bottling pumpkin ale Monday! Any ideas for a thanksgiving brew that will fit well turkey dinner? I need ideas quick so I can brew and be sure it will be ready for its unveiling.

For me, traditional turkey dinner calls for a more balanced beer. A brown or mellow pale work for me. The pumkin spice also works for a lot other foods we eat around the holidays.

Back