So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished my Northern Brewer Kit.. Honey Weizen. I tried the sample from the hydrometer reading.. I nearly spit it out. I sure hope this one gets better as it ferments. My APA tasted pretty good from the hydrometer sample. I'm a little worried now.

Immersion chiller on for my Strawberry Blonde. Everything else is ready to go as soon as it's chilled, just need to transfer, aerate, pitch, and toss it in the swamp cooler with a blowoff.

I think I'll be brewing weekend after next, if so, I'll be trying out some new techniques in the rye god rye project

Just did my second attempt at a Cold Smoke scotch ale clone. OG 1.070 (Little high) with US-05.

Next weekends think I am going to brew my Oktoberfest recipe. I'm finishing up my fridge controller, which will give me the ferment temps I need.

Next weekend going to brew a chocolate stout. This will be my third batch and first stout.

I made really big black ale. I had an old partial mash kit for european bock. Add 1lb of extra dark DME 1lb of extra golden DME. Picked up some fresh (er) hops. 1oz of Cluster 2 oz of pallisade 1/2 oz of Sterling and pitched some white labs california ale.

O.G. 1.081 and fermentation took off like a rocket last night making my basement smell yeasty, hoppy delicious.

Going to use a cream ale kit I got for a gift last year tomorrow and then I can focus more on making mead with all of my beer ingredient out of the way.

First beer of the season. Not sure how everyone else does it, but my brewing calendar starts with NFL preseason and ends when the NBA playoffs start. Probably a function of both the cool weather and needing tasty brews during game day. Anyway, I digress.....

Beer #1 this year is a straight forward Belgian Triple. Made a 1 quart starter with 5 oz of DME and some Saaz pellets. The yeast for this the Wyeast Trappist High Gravity. This stuff is insane. Literally had fermentation within the first hour and a half.

As for grain bill, like I said pretty straight forward

10 lbs belgian pilsner malt
8oz crystal 20L
8oz Aromatic malt

2 lbs clear candi sugar
1lb table sugar

I realized that my pre oil gravity was too low (after adding the candi sugar) so I had to add the table sugar to the boil. Consequently I had more wort left over than usual, so perhaps my boil off rate is too high, causing me to over sparge.

Mashed at 148 for 75 minutes with a teaspoon of calcium chloride to help with pH. Boiled for 75 minutes. Three hops additions. 1 oz tettnager at 60 min, 1oz Saaz at 30, & 1oz Saaz at 8.

Finally no more BMC's! Summer is over...by the time I drink this...Time for some real beers. My fav's are Porters. I will hit this one Saturday.

Soundview Fall Porter
Style: Brown Porter
Batch size: 5.1 gal
Boil volume: 6.2 gal
OG: 1.071
FG: 1.018
Bitterness (IBU): 26.8
Color (SRM): 35.6
ABV: 7.0%

Grain/Sugars:
14.00 lb Two-row (British), 78.6%
2.00 lb Crystal 10L, 14.3%
1.00 lb Chocolate Malt (British), 7.1%

Hops:
1.00 oz Cascade (AA 6.6%, Pellet) 60 min, 20.6 IBU
1.00 oz Galena (AA 10.0%, Pellet) 5 min, 6.2 IBU

Yeast/Misc:
American Ale yeast, 1.0 unit(s), Yeast

Well today is the last day of my 'weekend' and I'm brewing so I guess that counts. :)

Brewing an improvised IPA which will be dry hopped with my friend's homegrown Cascades and possibly some of his Nugget also.

brewing 10 gallons of cream ale. Going to split the batch in half. One will just be a strait up cream ale. Other half will have blueberries added.

I got an Austin Homebrew all grain kit ready for the kettle this weekend! Session IPA should be first entirely kegged batch since the reboot of the brewing hobby.

Busy busy weekend! I am brewing an Oud Bruin today, a southern brown tomorrow, and a Berliner Weiße on Sunday.

I plan to brew the Centennial Blonde with my new SQ-14 burner (yay no more stovetop) and my newly converted chest freezer with eBay Temp Controller.

I'm brewing tea. It's not impressive, but I have a sinus infection. Given how bad it is, I'm not even going to try my beer that just finished carbing. Well, maybe just one. The good news is that I ordered the indredients for Baddest Amba Jamma, my Imperial Red version of Bad & Badder Amba Jamma (AAA's).

Witkap-Pater tomorrow. Texas style amber on sunday. Gonna be a gooooooood weekend. (pale ale is also ready and altbier going into secondary)

That sounds NICE, lunshbox!!

I'll be brewing an 11.3% ABV Belgian Dark Strong I am calling "Buddon Brevard Trappist Ale" in honor of my friend and work colleague who just quit his job to go to missionary school. Trappist naming conventions don't apply to homebrew lol.

...also bottling my Rye Irish Red tonight and bottled my dunkelweizen last night...good times!

Trying a Carribou Slobber AG kit for the fist time. Never had the real deal and am not a huge brown fan but friends tell me it's good.
I'm off next week so I may also do a light ale, thinking about a Breakwater clone.

Im going to be brewing a Witbier that I formulated a recipe for. This batch is for a friend who loves wheat beers.

I am going to try to find time to brew a brown ale, and I'll be bottling the ESB I brewed in early July.

I was hoping to brew a Fuller's ESB clone on my new Blichmann burner this weekend but my bulk grains, supposed to arrive today, missed the train in Montana and it looks like they won't be here until Monday. One of my goals in graduating to all-grain is to make the perfect Fuller's ESB a little more perfect for me. :)

Brewing a Belgian Dark Strong Ale with homemade dark candi syrup. Siphoning off 1 gallon during boil, diluting by about 40%, and pitching with WLP530 and stepped up dregs from a Oud Beersel Oude Kriek. The other 6 gallons gets WLP530 alone. My first sour (well, intentional, that is) and my first BDSA. Should be fun.

I'm going to be brewing my first batch this weekend, an American Amber Ale partial mash. I should have all my ducks in a row for this to go off, but I'm sure something will come up.

I think the best piece of advice the guy at my local homebrew store gave me will probably be to write everything down, document everything for every batch so I can track what worked/didn't work.

I have an Austin Homebrew Supply all grain kit hitting the kettle in the morning! I have my starter kicking and a few brew buddies coming over for the event.

I just started a 1 gallon test batch of cider using Nottingham ale yeast a couple of days ago. I have 4 brews going on right now haha. Once my skeeter pee is done, I will do a 5 gallon batch of cider, or try another beer kit.

Brewing my 40th batch tomorrow and figured I'd go with a 10 gallon batch that has 40 pounds of fermentables in it! Maple Imperial Stout that may be destined for some type of wood aging down the road.

Back