So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be brewing on Saturday: a 3-gal partial-mash interpretation of the Water Into Barleywine recipe I found here, planning ahead to celebrate my tenth anniversary as a homebrewer. :mug:

Basically I'm just replacing the 2-row with light DME so I can still get it all done with my 5-gal mash tun and brew pot. I scaled it down to 3 gals because the last 5-gal high-grav batch I brewed (an Old Rasputin clone with baker's chocolate and cinnamon added) took 2 years to finish!

Also bottling a kit Shiraz and helping my brew buddy bottle his Sweetwater IPA clone. Nice way to spend a Saturday.

-Rich

Pretty sure am gonna do my 1st 10gal batch....not sure what though yet....or might do 1st BIAB....or both!!! Decisions, decisions.

flanders pale ale- i love rewards that take a long time to reap... but i guess it's that time in the rotation

Got to keep the pipeline going. Brewing my first AG BIAB this weekend. A nice session ordinary bitter.

Brewing up a Belgian Tripel right now. It's close enough to the weekend and I'm not working tomorrow so it counts for weekend.

Im brewing my first all grain also, BIAB 2.5 gallon batch of surly bender clone. We'll see if its a FAIL...

At the minimum bottling my Brit IPA. Only have enough empties on hand for that one, but if I can procure some more I'll bottle my Irish Red too. Might just make an LHBS run today or tomorrow for new bottles and get ingredients for a quick extract batch of something to brew on Sunday, but not sure.

Bottling a Hazed and Infused clone, kegging my Oatmeal Stout for St. Patrick's Day and brewing a batch of Leap Day Blizzard Bock. Love me a beerfull weekend!

Going to attempt my first PM. A British Premium/Best Bitter. Should be enlightening.

Also bottling a gluten free double chocolate oatmeal stout that's been sitting in primary for about 3 weeks.

Brewing a Lemon Grass Wheat. Basing this off the Outer Banks Brewing Stations Lemon Grass Wheat I had last summer. Hope mine turns out half as good.

Brewing a Lemon Grass Wheat.

With actual lemon grass? Sounds interesting. I'd be curious to see how that turns out. How are you using the lemon grass? Mashing it into a pulpy mess? Juicing it?

weather permitting, I'm going to try my 1st 10 gallon batch. Still on the DME "kits" right now, but hopefully going AG after this brew. Picked out a Mild Brown Ale for this weekend (Sunday).

Assuming I can use the lip of my garage to keep my wart free of rain - I'll be brewing my 2nd all-grain batch this weekend, 3rd batch total. Gonna try my hand at making a rye-ale of my complete own doing. It could be bad, it could be good. Either way, I'll have fun.

The plan for tomorrow is a Turonis Blue Eyed Moose IPA clone on the front porch with the weather in the 40's. It sucks because it was near 60 today.

Hefeweizen! Great day to brew - get to watch the rain go by whilst I saccharify!

Brewing Castle Lager clone just for ****s and giggles, playing with my kids, hanging with family and watching rugby, joy!

Trying my 1st AG attempt tomorrow using DeathBrewer's stovetop method... Irish Dry Stout... About to head out to my LHBS!

My dog and I are getting ready to make an all Ultra Tripel. Gonna be a hot brewday, hitting 90 in Orlando today!

0303121041.jpg

RandomBeerGuy said:
I am brewing a Dunkelweizen on Monday my first decoction mash attempt :rockin:

Let us know the result... I've been contemplating a decoc hefe at some point over next few months. We're brewing a hefe at work next week so I've got plenty of hefe yeast available :p

Back