So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a noob here but I did my first 5 gal batch last night and it is bubbling away on the counter. I did a Octoberfest for my first batch.

hopefully an octoberfest ale and not a true octoberfest on your counter... Lagering takes some extra equipment, but i make an octoberfest ale that is quite good!

I am brewing the first 10g batch on the new system today... Weizen Nest (White Wheat)

Just started my first batch last night, a partial grain English Brown Ale, and at about 11am today I looked over and saw it bubble and it made me feel like a kid at Christmas.

I did my first DFH 90 based, Aprihop inspired, Maharaja structured Imperial IPA yesterday. Its fermenting away nicley now and I'm still trying to warm up. Wort had such a strong hop aroma i almost drank a glass of it.

I am looking for the best way to clarify my beer. It always is cloudy, any help out there?

OT: The number of gallons brewed got me wondering how many folks are registered on HBT and how many post to this thread?

Since today is MLK Day I guess it's "this weekend". I'm doing an American Pale Ale of my own concocktion. :)

BIAB mash will be done in about 2 minutes. Getting ready to squeeze the bag to death. :)

Since today is MLK Day I guess it's "this weekend". I'm doing an American Pale Ale of my own concocktion. :)

BIAB mash will be done in about 2 minutes. Getting ready to squeeze the bag to death. :)

qFh8r.jpg

c-rider said:
since today is mlk day i guess it's "this weekend". I'm doing an american pale ale of my own concocktion. :)

biab mash will be done in about 2 minutes. Getting ready to squeeze the bag to death. :)

1326754254758.jpg

Since our supplies are to arrive by Friday from Midwest & Amazon,we'll be brewing more of her Summer Shandy,& my Sunset Gold APA. Gunna use Ahtanum & Sterling for my APA this time!:ban:

Some time between now and the end of the weekend I'll be bottling my cider and my tripel. Probably won't be able to afford another brew day until mid Feb but at least I've got a good stash bottled now.

I'll get in on this..

Second time trying to home brew

Coopers Canadian Blonde w/ 500g Golden Light DME & 700g dextrose

I'll be brewing a Dry Stout from Brewing Classic Styles. This'll be my first time doing a double infusion mash. Should be interesting.

Kid is coming next month so this is going to be the last brew for a long, long time.

Doing an English Pale Ale using home roasted malts. Should be ready in time for his birth!

jamiesavoie said:
Jamil's Schwarzbier

Have you made it before? This was one of my favorite beers to brew. I don't know how soon I'll ever make another lager, but when I do, this will be one of them.

Well,my order from Midwest came in yesterday. all my DME's,yeasts,hops (cool that Hop Union has pellets too!),& the sink adapter for the spray wand momma got me for Christmas. Now if the order for Amazon comes in today or tomorrow as scheduled,we'll be brewing this weekend.

My brewing buddings and I are doing a Frankenbier of sorts. Each participant is bringing 2 lbs of grain and 1 oz of hops. We have a base of 10lbs of 2 Row and then we will formulate a recipe based on what ingredients are brought. We have 7-8 participants, so this should be interesting.

My milk stout ought to be ready to be racked off this weekend, and I'd like to pitch an imperial stout on the cake. Unfortunately, I am supposed to be studying for my upcoming exam the following weekend....

Brewing an all-grain Blonde Ale from Brewing Classic styles, as long as my ingredients arrive in time.

If not, I'll make an "emergency" run to Michigan Brewing Company to get ingredients for something else, one way or another, I am brewing!

Back