So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of batches of my simple lawnmower ale, and I'll have all 5 kegs (promised kegs) to take to the BMW Motorcycle rally in North Fla. in a couple more weeks. The next weekend I'll refurbish and keg everything, carbonate for a week and get ready to enjoy a lot of beer with some great people I see about well, once a year.

I hope to be able to brew my brett & fruit experiments.
10 gallons of Belgian blonde, around 1.070 OG fermented with WLP 500 with brett added at about 1.040. 5 gallons will get racked onto crabapples, 5 gallons onto cherries for extended secondaries.

Brewing an Oatmeal Stout (a variation on Yooper's recipe - thanks Yoop!!) and bottling a Brown Mild. Using the London Ale III yeast from the mild for the stout.

Last brew of 2011 today! I am going to make a sightly modified version of BM's Hooked on Bitters (a bit less toasted malt).

Brewing tommorow, two seperate brews simultaniously, while expaining to a few non-home brewers what I'm doing, and enjoying a few pints.

#1 - 10 gallon all grain house APA

#2 - 5 gallon mini-mash Baltic Porter

Starting at noon and have dinner reservations at 8. Gonna be a buisy afternoon!!!

Well my LHBS didn't have 3711, so my spring Saison is on hold. A Belgian Dark Strong is taking its place. First time brewing one, pretty excited!

I'm in need of a good session brew so it's going to be a Falconer's 7C's pale ale on Sat. Getting ready to chill the growler of washed 05 and I just put 11 lbs. through my Cereal Killer for the 2nd time using it. I love that thing!

Last brew of the year tomorrow, doing two 5gallon batches, a nut brown ale and a straight up wheat beer.

I'm brewing a 3gal batch of imperial stout, my first attempt at a stout. Hopefully it turns out well. First batch with the use of my corona mill contraption so we'll find out what my efficiency is...

I'm going to brew even if it kills me. They say what you do on new years you end up doing all year long.

Brewed this week so I could just relax this weekend. Brewed Yoopers Pale Ale Tues and an Imperial Brown today. Yoop's Pale went into the fermeter perfectly but I missed on my brown by 10 pts. It will still be a good 7% hoppy brown though.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier clone from AHB.

It is my first 5 gallon brew. I was going to do an Aventinus clone, but decided to do the Weihenstephaner instead (it is cheaper )

I don't have a wort chiller so I planned on cooling to take a while. For some reason it just wasn't getting colder than 120 after sitting in a cold spot for a few hours. Ends up that my digital thermometer wasn't working....

I almost have enough bottles for it, I think I am about 6 bottles short. I guess I will buy a few of the real thing so I can compare it to the HB.

Mmmmm, homework.

Stone's pale ale clone extract w/grains recipe with WY1098 (instead of WY1968) and Briess gold LME (instead of light LME).

Heating the water for "Bulldog" my American IPA as I type. Happy New Year to you all. Thank you for all your help this year.

Tony
Rescue Dog River

I woke up and decided to brew up an IPA today. I needed something hoppy in a fermentor anyway. I think this will be a triple brew week for me. I see an English Bitter also in my near future.

It was still the weekend for me so: I made a Porter-its gonna be good. It better.My first one. I realized i had alot of dark malt dormant for too long. I wasnt impressed with my first few stouts,but that was then-now its go time...

Breaking out the Christmas gifts, gonna do a weizenbock ale in my new better bottle and make a huge starter for this big brew with my new stir plate. Love playing with Christmas toys.

Tried my hand at a Scottish ale yesterday afternoon / evening. Was supposed to be a 70/-. Took 1 gallon of the first runnings and boiled it down to 1/2 gallon and added it back to the main boil which was for 90 min. Started with 7 gallons total, ended with 5 (as planned). Based it on 75% eff. but got about 88%! Of course this was the one time I did not take a pre-boil gravity reading, so I ended up with 1.050 and more of an 80/- beer. Decided not to add water and just leave it.

My buddy and I are making a 10% RIS this weekend that we're going to add DME and Turbinado to while in primary with the goal of fermenting something to about 15% abv. Let's hope it works!

If my 20psi propane hose shows up by Saturday (3-5 days shipping my tookus, more like 7-10) I'll be brewing the first batch on my new toys I got for Christmas.

Wrote up an all-cascade Cascadian Dark Ale with 15.8oz of hops.... 15.5oz of which will be added throughout 15min, 10min, 5min, flame-out and dry hop additions.

Also, I should mention that it should be Cascadian Dark Ale. Here's why:

1) Respect the region in which it was invented. And "it can't be a CDA if you don't brew it in Cascadia" is bull. What do you call your kolsch/pilsner/Berliner-weisse/etc then?
2) Black IPA is an oxymoron and sounds dumb if you word out the acronym
3) I can't even remember what the BJCP wants to call it because it's like 10 words long and pretty silly sounding.

Reno_eNVy said:
If my 20psi propane hose shows up by Saturday (3-5 days shipping my tookus, more like 7-10) I'll be brewing the first batch on my new toys I got for Christmas.

Wrote up an all-cascade Cascadian Dark Ale with 15.8oz of hops.... 15.5oz of which will be added throughout 15min, 10min, 5min, flame-out and dry hop additions.

Also, I should mention that it should be Cascadian Dark Ale. Here's why:

1) Respect the region in which it was invented. And "it can't be a CDA if you don't brew it in Cascadia" is bull. What do you call your kolsch/pilsner/Berliner-weisse/etc then?
2) Black IPA is an oxymoron and sounds dumb if you word out the acronym
3) I can't even remember what the BJCP wants to call it because it's like 10 words long and pretty silly sounding.

What was the recipe you brewed? I went to my LHBS and they told me to take my best ipa recipe and add carafa III (.5-.75 lbs) to it. Brewed it about a month ago have it sitting in the keg, but don't have high hopes for it.

Brewing a 10 gallon batch of AG 100% wheat Hefe Saturday.

5 gallons will be fermented with Wy3333, 5 gallons with Wy3638.

This my first all wheat, and the first time using 3333.

:ban:

Will be brewing my first lager this weekend. Chose a lower gravity brew to start, a Vienna. 4 Qt starter of WY2308 is nearly fermented out, so I will cold crash it starting Friday morning for a decant on Sunday.

Cpn Kirk, I've brewed 2 wheats with 3333 (have yeast stored in fridge still). Definitely has a tart edge to it, which I like. Ferments and drops quickly (2 weeks). Both of my wheats have dropped crystal clear, which I find pretty unusual for a wheat. So not sure you're going to get the hefe look with your brew. My second wheat, I added Raspberries which clouded it up nicely.

Back