So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knocked out a 10gal batch of Imperial Black IPA have 20gal now can't wait to put int in the bourbon barrel. Also the wife wanted a Blackberry Cobbler beer worked up a recipe for that and have first ferment working

Yesterday my homebrewclub had our Christmas party at Santa Fe Brewing Co. The brewery hosted a potluck for us and also let anyone who wanted to brew. We all brought our stuff down and did a brew kind of like big brew day. I made 10 gallons of Foreign Extra Stout. When it's done in primary, I'm going to split it into two, five gallon batches. I'm going to leave one as is, and put pureed cherries in a secondary for the other. Once the cherries are done fermenting I'm going to put in on cacoa nibs in tertiary. Hoping the Chocolate Cherry Stout will be mellowed out and ready to drink for Valentine's Day.

The misses and I have been brewing every weekend to develop a pipeline, but now we're not brewing at all this month.

:( I'm gonna run outta beer!

My weekend is Sunday and Monday. I'm brewing a Railbender Clone from Erie Brewing. I couldn't find a recipe anywhere so I e-mailed the brewery and they sent me the exact recipe for a 5 gal batch! Those guys are awesome!

Hello Justin,

Can you post the recipe you received from Erie for their Railbender?

I'll be swinging by the LHBS on the way home from work tonight, gonna finally get around to doing a wit this weekend. And I'll throw together some spiced hard cider while I'm at it.

Doing my second BIAB and doin a Roggenbier with wyeast 3638, then turning around and hopefully kegging my sticke-altbier. Or maybe I should switch that around so I have some beer on hand while brewing....

2 rauchbiers....just got a freezer chest for a xmass present for myself. So now my fermentor fridge doesnt have to be taken up for 2 months or so while lagering.

dcHokie said:
A buddy and I are brewing up 2 versions of Funky Dark Saison loosely inspired by an OldSock recipe

I'm thinking about doing a Saison soon. I'm wondering if wrapping the fermenter in a blanket and setting it on a heating vent would give me the temps I need.

I'm thinking about doing a Saison soon. I'm wondering if wrapping the fermenter in a blanket and setting it on a heating vent would give me the temps I need.

Depending on the heat vent, it certainly might. Last summer, I used a far more ghetto but effective approach: put the fermenter in a guest bedroom, wrapped it in a down blanket and then a heavy fleece jacket, put a few lamps in the room w/ 100 W incandescent bulbs and no shades, put a towel under the door, room got up to about 90 and the fermenter about 85 or so, IIRC.

dcHokie said:
Depending on the heat vent, it certainly might. Last summer, I used a far more ghetto but effective approach: put the fermenter in a guest bedroom, wrapped it in a down blanket and then a heavy fleece jacket, put a few lamps in the room w/ 100 W incandescent bulbs and no shades, put a towel under the door, room got up to about 90 and the fermenter about 85 or so, IIRC.

That's similar to my plan if I try one in the summer. Towel under the door, wrapped in a blanket, windows open at night and maybe closed during the day.

Making an all Citra IPA. It'll also be my 2nd All Grain batch, and my first recipe that I made on my own. Woo hoo!

7 oz of Citra total in this bad boy.

Putting together my BRIS (Belgian Rye Imperial Stout) on sunday. Second all grain batch, pretty exicited for it.

Bee Cave Brewery's Haus Pale Ale, slightly modified. Personal brew day (sanity check) tomorrow :)

Well, looks like it'll be a triple header this weekend (sort of). Hard cider, wit, and I grabbed the ingredients for my wee heavy too. Might be able to crank em all out in one day if I get up early enough :D

Well had my heart set on a APA this weekend but now the wife
tells me she wants me to make some more of her beer Grrrrrr

So i'm stuck making a simple little BL clone
Or as i call it make the wife happy beer. :D

I'm planning on an extract kit from northern brewers of the Chinook IPA on Saturday. This is my first batch in 2 years so wish me luck.

Andy

Got a big bag 0' grains,Organic Great Western pale malt and about 20 oz of 7 bridges organic hop. So Im doing a double small batch one a 2 hearted clone maybe, the other lakefronts organic esb.Going to ranch some wlp005 liquid british ale yeast from my last bitters and see how these clonish batches turn out. Now if i could just figure my flippin water out. And how to wash/ranch yeast successfully.

Just finished up an OctoberFast, that I have had grain for but didn't get around too for a couple of months. Ended up with an extra Gallon of Wort, but my eff was higher than expected so ended up right on the numbers.

10.5G of IPA tomorrow morn. Strike water has been filtered and prepping the gear. This will be my first brew using my new keggle hlt and march pump. Needed something to move that wort around. 28 lbs of grain is too much to lift.

Finished getting things cleaned & straightened up,starsan & PBW being mixed. Put a couple cases of our ales in the fridge for Christmas next weekend. Got a whole ham & a 13lb turkey that'll go into the bbq pit next weekend as well.

Back