So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, ive brewed 10 gallons so far this year. Hardly taking up all my time. All my additions to the brewery have been DIY with a bare minimum spent on materials.....always. ive been unemployed for 3 months but take home more money than if i were working. Basically GAVE UP brewing this year and cant get away with brewing 10 measly gallons of wee heavy. WTF? Am i a ***** or do other people go through this?

Just remind her how much money you save by brewing. Wee heavy isn't cheaper than $9 for a six pack...so you've just gotta brew it. It's too expensive not to. :mug: :tank: :D

Bottled my 4% brown porter, and it tasted delicious! Nice roasty flavor with some molasses. I put 4 oz of black patent to make sure it would have a good amount of roast along with the chocolate. Tastes like I'm going to be very happy with it!

Tasted my first flat lager after 5 weeks lagering. miraculous transformation. All that buggering about with craigslist fridge and chopping bits off the door repaid in a few sips.

6th batch this last weekend, and my first attempt at a hefe.

2kg Briess wheat DME
1kg White wheat malt
.2kg Honey malt
20g Liberty @ 40 minutes
15g Liberty @ 20 minutes
WLP300

Fairly simple recipe. Hoping to just get a hint of that honey malt to shine through. My OG was spot on at 1.050, which made me quite happy. Promised myself I wouldn't flip out when my mash temp dropped to avoid ending up with a bunch of unfermentables again. Dropped to around 60C near the end. Overall, I'm quite happy. Checked this morning after pitching last night and the krausen is already alive and kickin. Can't wait for this one.

Next week I'll try a second attempt at a witbier, this time using T-58.

Bottled up 4.5 g of cider today. Best cider ive made yet. Steeped a pound of c60, added a pound of brown sugar and a pound of honey.put 2 gallons on scotch soaked oak chips also. I used 3711 and it went down to 1.000, but surprisingly isnt too dry. Cant wait for carbonation.

Bottled my Wheat last night, just started the water for an Amber. First time using a starter, made with my Xmas gear (5000ml Flask and Stirplate both used for the first time). Got a bunch of frothy yeast waiting to be pitched.

Working remotly rocks :rockin: :ban:

I'm doing an imperial pils starting a few hours from now. The thought is to use the last of my pilsener malt and noble hops, and I've got no idea how it will turn out.

Bottling Raspberry Wheat tonight, then gonna get Java Stout in primary. Gonna brew tonight or Sunday.

Gonna be a hot one in Nashville this weekend. I'll be brewing up a Belgian Table Beer (read: delicious Belgian summer session ale) and bottling my most recent imperial amber (India red) ale. Really looking forward to these!

Bottled my Wheat last night, just started the water for an Amber. First time using a starter, made with my Xmas gear (5000ml Flask and Stirplate both used for the first time). Got a bunch of frothy yeast waiting to be pitched.

Working remotly rocks :rockin: :ban:

Well that was a crappy brew day. Only second batch since moving, so haven't got everything dailed in yet ended up with a gallon more wort than I should have, thought about boiling it down and taking the hit on the added bitterness, then the clouds started rolling in, so had to get to chilling, got it to 80 before the bottom fail out, manged to only get a little rain in the fermenter. guess we will see how it goes.

honey golden ale, have the day off, SWMBO is out of the house, rocking a homebrew saison and southpark on the TV. good day off!

I am enjoying the fruits of my labor this weekend. Rainwater Rye and cascade, orange, corriander pale. Mmmmmm....brewing next week!

I just finished brewing my very first recipe, SauvinBlonde! Hit my numbers exactly so hopefully it turns out well.

If it does, I will post a critique and the full recipe for everyone to enjoy :mug:

made a trip to the LHBS and it looks like Smoked Porter on my to do list. my first porter so excited :mug:

I will be brewing a Raspberry Cream Ale on Monday. Thinking that a nice light fruit beer will be perfect for the near-record heat we've been experiencing this summer so far.

Tried to brew a cda (iba?) today but got rained out... and my starter of a 9 month old american ale ll has not budged. Might just have to go s-05 instead. Planning to brew tomorrow regardless of weather or starter!

AHS double chocolate stout is in the carboy now... Should start bubbling by morning...

If the taste of the wort is any indication, this will be my favorite EVER!

Brewing an IPA right now..

Ornellas IPA 2

Selected Style and BJCP Guidelines
14C-India Pale Ale(IPA)-Imperial IPA

Minimum OG: 1.070 SG Maximum OG: 1.090 SG
Minimum FG: 1.010 SG Maximum FG: 1.020 SG
Minimum IBU: 60 IBU Maximum IBU: 120 IBU
Minimum Color: 8.0 SRM Maximum Color: 15.0 SRM

Recipe Overview
Wort Volume Before Boil: 6.60 US gals Wort Volume After Boil: 6.08 US gals
Volume Transferred: 6.08 US gals Water Added To Fermenter: 0.0 qts
Volume At Pitching: 6.08 US gals Volume Of Finished Beer: 5.02 US gals
Expected Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.044 SG Expected OG: 1.085 SG
Expected FG: 1.020 SG Apparent Attenuation: 75.0 %
Expected ABV: 8.8 % Expected ABW: 6.8 %
Expected IBU (using Tinseth): 94.8 IBU Expected Color (using Morey): 8.9 SRM
BU:GU ratio: 1.11 Approx Color:
Mash Efficiency: 70.0 %
Boil Duration: 60.0 mins
Fermentation Temperature: 64 F

Fermentables
Ingredient Amount % MCU When
US 2-Row Malt 8lb 0oz 46.2 % 2.4 In Mash/Steeped
German Wheat Malt 1lb 5oz 7.6 % 0.3 In Mash/Steeped
US Caramel 40L Malt 1lb 0oz 5.8 % 6.6 In Mash/Steeped
German Munich Malt 1lb 0oz 5.8 % 0.9 In Mash/Steeped
Extract - Light Liquid Malt Extract 6lb 0oz 34.7 % 3.4 Start Of Boil

Hops
Variety Alpha Amount IBU Form When
US Magnum 16.0 % 1.00 oz 38.7 Loose Pellet Hops 60 Min From End
US Columbus(Tomahawk) 15.5 % 0.50 oz 14.4 Loose Pellet Hops 30 Min From End
US Simcoe 13.0 % 0.50 oz 12.1 Loose Pellet Hops 30 Min From End
US Columbus(Tomahawk) 15.5 % 0.75 oz 13.9 Loose Pellet Hops 15 Min From End
US Simcoe 13.0 % 0.75 oz 11.7 Loose Pellet Hops 15 Min From End
US Cascade 4.5 % 1.00 oz 3.9 Loose Pellet Hops 10 Min From End
US Centennial 8.5 % 0.50 oz 0.0 Loose Pellet Hops At turn off
US Columbus(Tomahawk) 15.5 % 0.50 oz 0.0 Loose Pellet Hops At turn off
US Simcoe 13.0 % 0.50 oz 0.0 Loose Pellet Hops At turn off
US Amarillo 5.0 % 0.50 oz 0.0 Loose Pellet Hops At turn off
US Centennial 8.5 % 0.50 oz 0.0 Loose Pellet Hops Dry-Hopped
US Amarillo 5.0 % 0.50 oz 0.0 Loose Pellet Hops Dry-Hopped
US Columbus(Tomahawk) 15.5 % 0.50 oz 0.0 Loose Pellet Hops Dry-Hopped
US Simcoe 13.0 % 0.50 oz 0.0 Loose Pellet Hops Dry-Hopped
US Cascade 4.5 % 0.50 oz 0.0 Loose Pellet Hops Dry-Hopped

Other Ingredients
Ingredient Amount When
Whirlfloc Tablet 0.20 oz In Boil

Yeast
DCL US-05 (formerly US-56) SafAle

Water Profile
Target Profile: No Water Profile Chosen
Mash pH: 5.2
pH Adjusted with: Unadjusted

Total Calcium (ppm): 0 Total Magnesium (ppm): 0
Total Sodium (ppm): 0 Total Sulfate (ppm): 0
Total Chloride(ppm): 0 Total Bicarbonate (ppm): 0

Mash Schedule
Mash Type: Extract with Mini-mash
Schedule Name: Single Step Infusion (66C/151F)

Step Type Temperature Duration
Rest at 151 F 60

Just finished adding the 2.5 ml starter to my "Poor Goat" Pale ale. We are butchering a goat on the 3rd of July. This will be a good pairing.

Five gallon American Wheat (something my brother in law has been asking for since I started brewing three years ago. Happy Fathers Day guys!

Did a Kentucky Bourben Barrel Ale Clone today. Gonna rack onto Bourben soaked scorched oak chips for 3 weeks after primary. The original is delicious and I hope this one is too.

Latest posts

Back