So proud of my first brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CajunChuck

Reaction score
I set out on a mission to start brewing incredible brew from scratch and even though this was a kit set, it gave me hope and a boost of confidence in that I can brew beer!

mUisBtH.jpg

nice job, man! I am looking at brewing my first beer this weekend. Been researching, studying, and collecting what I need to brew on a budget.....as the funds come to upgrade. But i only hope my beer looks that good.

I hope you liked it.

Congrats!

I think you made the right choice to start off with a kit. Now you know your methods are solid and you can take the next leap if you want.

It was the porch rocker. The second was a raspberry pale ale. Third was partial mash oatmeal stout. I already have the full set up to go all grain but not in a huge rush. Still have a lot to research and how to order or pick up/out grains. Closest HBS is in Indianapolis.

It taste very good for something I brewed especially with all the mistakes one makes with a first brew. I didn't even sanitize anything, just cleaned all the lines and fermenter and dumped everything into it after the boil. I am expecting the next few brews I do to go much better, since I have spent close to 200 hours researching everything I could up to today.

200 hours and didn't sanitize? ;) luck wax on your side! Hopefully it tastes better than my first brew! Congrats!

Great job and all, but I'm sure everybody here has noticed the obvious problem just by looking at the picture you posted.

It's not in my glass. :mug:

200 hours and didn't sanitize? ;) luck wax on your side! Hopefully it tastes better than my first brew! Congrats!

I have spent that about of time SINCE this (my first brew) was done.

I just bought the all in one kit online because I had a decent buzz and the wife said why the hell not, so I though the platinum kit "oxy cleaner" was an all in one for everything. I know better now. :)

I have spent that about of time SINCE this (my first brew) was done.

I just bought the all in one kit online because I had a decent buzz and the wife said why the hell not, so I though the platinum kit "oxy cleaner" was an all in one for everything. I know better now. :)

Lol...I've made similar buzzed purchases - well it should only go up from here for you!!

It taste very good for something I brewed especially with all the mistakes one makes with a first brew. I didn't even sanitize anything, just cleaned all the lines and fermenter and dumped everything into it after the boil. I am expecting the next few brews I do to go much better, since I have spent close to 200 hours researching everything I could up to today.

Just remember when you're fretting about a half a degree or yeast cell counts that you did all kinds of things wrong on this one and it still resulted in a decent beer.

Man that looks great! Good job, don't sweat the small stuff, I remember thinking, oh no I did this or that wrong, the batch is ruined....and those were some of my best beers. Crazy how that works....

Congrats dude. I drank my first brew last weekend. It was awesome. I have my second already fermenting and it will hopefully be ready just before Christmas.

Back