so much has gone wrong its almost comical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VincentOates

Reaction score
I think I've made every mistake a first time brewer could make. At this point I'm just laughing it off.

1. As soon as I added the bittering hops to my wort, I looked away to rehydrate my yeast. When I looked back, I had a boil over. I'm not really sure if there are any hops in my beer now except the finishing hops I added at the end.

2. I didn't put in enough water, so most of my wort evaporated. I was left with candy.

3. When I was cleaning up, I noticed I had a burned wort at the bottom of my pot the size of my stove burner.

4. I just checked on my primary a few minutes ago, and I saw that my airlock had blown off with a bunch of foam dried up on the side of my container. I thought I heard a popping noise this morning, but I didn't think much of it.

As I've been reading, these mistakes can still lead to good beer. So I'm sort of excited to see what I managed to produce. BTW, it smells sort of nice, so I guess that would be a good sign.

Nice! :rockin: That is a hardcore list.

I bet you end up with a delicious brew. Sometimes making mistakes is the best way to learn, because you damn well won't ever do it again. Let us know how it turns out. :mug:

That honestly made me LOL. You're taking it better than I would!

that is a pretty good list. i'm hoping your beer turns out delicious though. i think i might make a few of those same mistakes, so if yours turns out good then i might have some good luck too.

at least you have a good attitude about it all. like everybody else said, just use it as lessons learned.

I've probably made all these mistakes one at a time... You gotem all over with in 1 batch congrats, I'm jealous!

well if the beer turns out good, I'm just going to have to replicate all these mistakes for the next batch! :D

I've done 3 out of those 4. It isn't whether you make mistakes, it's whether or not you do them again. I'll let you learn from one of mine. Only do ONE whirlfloc tablet.

Back