so im trying to figure out my keg setup.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grlz

Reaction score
a little help would be very appreciated.

so, i bought 2 kegs from princess auto. and id eventually like to get 2-4 more. i figure i'll get a c02 tank around town here.

im just trying to figure out all the fittings and stuff that id need. so for two kegs im assuming its be nice to have a dual pressure reg? one for serving and one for carbing. correct? i would use hose clamps to secure the gas line?
then to an 2 or 3 outlet block? guh im already confused.

is there a list somewhere of everything id need for a 2-4 keg setup? picnic taps are fine. im trying to order from homebrew supplies because its in my province. i seem to get overwhelmed with all the little parts and such.

It really depends on what you want to do with your setup. You mentioned two pressure regulators and an outlet block, so I'm assuming you would want to carb one keg and serve from another at the same time. If you don't want to do both at the same time, then you'd only need one pressure regulator.

All connections to the keg are through either ball-lock or pin-lock connectors-- you'd just need hose clamps to connect the gas and beer lines to the connectors.

My setup is fairly simple: two 5 lb. CO2 tanks (so I always have a full one on hand when one runs out, usually at a bad time-- you only really need one), one pressure regulator, and a length of gas line from the regulator ending in a ball-lock gas connector. I just carb one beer at a time. When I dispense, I usually just bleed off a some gas from the keg until I'm near serving pressure. I use the a picnic tap with about 3-4 ft of beer line tubing. I re-pressurize after a drinking session to maintain the carbonation level in the keg.

This is all very manual, and sometimes tedious, but it is simple in terms of equipment. The more ideal situation would be to have a dedicated refrigerator or freezer (kegerator or keezer) with multiple kegs, a CO2 tank, multiple regulators (if you want different serving pressures), and a multiple outlet block. Add fancy taps and you have easy beer on demand!

Hope I didn't confuse.

-Steve

I know that STAGE 1 is in Canadian Dollars, but i am prettu sure that after you convert that to USD, and pay shipping from the states, Brew Logic Dual Tap Draft System from Midwest Supplies is a FAR better deal ($219 canadian)... it also comes with the dual body regulator, and just needs the tank filled to be ready to go.

This is the system I have, and I am VERY happy with it.

Back