So, I'm here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro-

Reaction score
Just got done with a starter for a red ale tomorrow.

Decided to sit down, have a beer, and entertain myself with some HBT reading.

Why not make my first post.

Have a nice dark pumpkin ale (.5 lb chocolate in the mix :p ) just about ready for turkey day!

I unfortunately am currently out of homebrew. Forced me to find a brewpub in the area I had never seen before though. Good can come from bad i guess, especially when the good is a tasty pint of freshly tapped cask ale! :cross:

Oh yeah and I am from Michigan. Cold michiganders unite!
There's a reason for all this beer drinkin!

Cheers :mug:

I can't believe how many Michiganians have been signing up lately, we'll outnumber the cheesehead's before long.

Welcome to the forum, there is a lot of experience on this board and the people are quite friendly.:tank:

nope not a yooper, i'm a flatlander.

I would love to make some lagers. Can't control the temp yet though. Just got an old small freezer working again. I want to put a temp regulator on it to lager!!

Thanks for the welcome!

drouillp said:
nope not a yooper, i'm a flatlander.

I would love to make some lagers. Can't control the temp yet though. Just got an old small freezer working again. I want to put a temp regulator on it to lager!!

Thanks for the welcome!

There is a thread by Mike H. about lagering semi-naturally during the winter months in temperate climates. Do a search for "natural lagering". It requires only about $20 of equipment, though his is about $70, i believe. I'm going to try a similar setup sometime this winter.

I was thinking about natural lagering but I was worried about temp flux. guess i didn't give it much thought beyond that.

I am going to check the temp periodically inside a small freezer I have. ideally the insulation would act as a nice buffer. I am a little worried about afternoon high since my balcony faces the west, direct sun contact to the area. It can heat our apartment fairly quickly. I'm thinking of putting a cheap heating blanket in there to do the trick.

Big problem is I don't have a basement or garage to work with, just a 3rd floor apartment with a balcony :(

Dont tell anyone.....but I was born and raised in Sanford, Michigan. And grew up around Traverse City for a bit before moving here to Texas when I was 12. By the way, its Michiganders.

GO BLUE! Wolverines.....
**** a buckeye!

Latest posts

Back