So do you think my beer will be OK?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shallywag

Reaction score
Funny thing happened while brewing yesterday. I was in the process of cooling off my wort and use a small pot holder to move the chiller up and down occassionally to speed up the process. I started doing some cleanup and kept wondering where it had gone. I blew it off thining i misplaced it somewhere. While pouring my wort into the fermenter guess what I found! Yep, potholder at the bottom of my wort.

So I am hoping that it was hot enough when I last moved the chiller that it was able to sanitize the pot holder?

Oh well, it's in the fermenter now and guess I will have to wait and see. Should I be overly concerned?

If it fell in at 150+F then it is pasteurized and I wouldn't worry so much. If it was cooler then wait and see.
You will just have to hope that your yeast populates faster than whatever was living on that pot holder.

Back