Experimental Beer Snort n’ Stout (Coffee Stout)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drifted88

Reaction score
I had little luck finding a short, simple and to the point dry coffee stout. So I whipped this up and love it. Exactly what I was looking for.

Fermentables

5# 2-Row
2# Flaked Barley
1# Roasted Barley
1# Munich 60L
0.5# Chocolate malt

Hops
1oz Willamette 4.8% - 60min
0.5% EKG 5% - 40min

Yeast
WLP004 Irish Ale

Other Ingredients
6 oz Coffee Beans (you’re looking for earthy flavors for this recipe not fruity. I used King’s coast coffee company’s achieve roast)

Mash at 150F

Coffee Preparation
There’s a few ways to add coffee to your beer. What makes the most sense to me is making a cold brew and adding to your keg or bottling bucket. All you need is a container big enough to hold about 64oz and muslin or coffee filters. A large French press works great as well.

Your beans don’t need ground very much. French press grind or larger. Add beans to your container and pour 20oz of your favorite room temperature water over top of them. Give them a good stir, cover and leave it alone for 16-24 hours. Strain with muslin or a coffee filter and add to your packaging container then rack beer on top to mix. (if using coffee filters you’re going to need to gradually get to that point. Metal mesh strainer then muslin/cheesecloth then filters)

Try it out and let me know how you like it :cheers:

View attachment 650462

Last edited:
Back