sneeze

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deremer

Reaction score
SWMBO just sneezed on my started, from my first yeast washing experience. She looked at me and said "don't worry it has a plugger on top."

I think you should call your next beer:
'snot bad
booger brown ale
ESB (extra special booger)
AAAAHHHHCHoatmeal stout
Sneeze geuze (only if it turns out raunchy)

I soak my foam stopper in Starsan before placing on my flask with the thought that it will kill anything that lands on top. Even without the Starsan, the stopper should prevent most airborne nasties from penetrating to the yeast.

Doog_Si_Reeb said:
On a positive note, the human mouth is very clean. :D

Really? Practically everyone carries staph and strep in their mouths. Our whole microbiology class swabbed our mouths and cultured them on agar.

deremer said:
SWMBO just sneezed on my started, from my first yeast washing experience. She looked at me and said "don't worry it has a plugger on top."

Listen to your wife

Yeah, I was bitten by a cat once, and it got a nasty infection. The nurse who washed it out said that in her experience the only bites worse than cat bites, infection-wise, are human ones. Our mouths are not clean.

funny, had a similar and worse thing on friday.

Popped open my fermenting bucket to dry hop (i do it all in primary). Just as i get the lid off SWMBO swings open the door with such force it could have blown the atmosphere off the Earth, let along a protective layer of CO2 off my bucket....

"Excuse me, do you mind NOT doing that in the future" I say.

She leans forward "why what are you dooo..¤ACCHOOOO¤".

At that point I told her to go away in no uncertain terms.

.....Im sure the beer is fine, melted down a little dextrose and stuck it in with the hops. Everytime something bad happens to my beer I just give it a chance to ferment a few hours longer, more c02, more angry bacteria killing yeast etc.

Latest posts

Back