SN Celebration Ale tastes like old beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Komocabo

Reaction score
I bought a sixer of Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale as everyone has said it's great... TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!

I am confused as I like almost all their other beers... This just tastes like the stuff I brewed when I started. I am sad to say that this will sit in the fridge for a long time...

I had it on draft and I was too disappointed. Last years was a lot better.

I will take the other 5 to a coming up Xmas party to get rid of em. Pretty sad cuz I thought last year's was way better. I love their torpedo IPA....

I haven't had this years. I have always not liked the first bottle. But by the last sip I'm always like hey this isn't bad I'll have another one. Then that one I'm like meh till the last sip. Then it's hey this is pretty good. Then that last sip it's that's very good. NEXT BOTTLE! Bam pretty good till last sip. Now it's wonderful. Then next bottle. Last sip. Amazingly awesome! Next bottle. Wow this is great. Last sip. I NEED MORE. next bottle. Last sip NOTHING CAN TASTE THIS GOOD. Next bottle. Last sip. My god I think I just drank the snuggle of 1,000 kittens. Moar! Then stuff starts to get slightly confusing and I get really really hungry for ham

yea, maybe the use of "fresh" wet hops here is overrated. I bought some and it was meh.

I don't recall having last year' shut I think this year is yummy.

Taste great to me. I'm thinking you got an old sixer or something extreme happen in transportation.

Double checked and its 2013... hmmm... maybe Will try another to see if I change my mind.

I liked it more this year, as I didnt like it that much in the past 2-3 years. I did get it right when it came out too, so right now- I see it on sale alot and am not shure how I would perceive it now if I were to buy it again this season. It is a seasonal and generally get them when it is just released like alot of seasonals. However there seemed to be something I didnt like about anyway as an ipa like the type of hops maybe. I do know I did like it more this year for some reason opposed to not really being into it since Ive tried it like the last 3 years.

I'm not sure I'm on board with the 'drink it fresh' crowd. This is my go to commercial beer @ $28/case. I usually get 6 or 7 cases to drink all year long. To me, it's just as good if not better 1 year old as is freshly released. I once found a store that had a case in the cooler that was 3 years old. That beer was amazing.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this years batch each time I've had it, sounds like you may have gotten a bad six, happens....

Back