Smoked Malts & Mash PH - Bru'n Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unicorn_Platypus

Urine I Pee... Eh?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anecdotally, when I’ve used smoked grains they’ve lowered the pH quite a bit. But the smoked malts I use are very smoked, and fairly dark. Weyermann rauch and smoked wheat are much lighter; I’ve never used Viking.

Anecdotally, when I’ve used smoked grains they’ve lowered the pH quite a bit. But the smoked malts I use are very smoked, and fairly dark. Weyermann rauch and smoked wheat are much lighter; I’ve never used Viking.
that makes sense! I think Viking & Weyermann smoked wheat are similar, btw

Just tell me you’re planning on Cascade instead of Citra. Fruity hops and smoke wouldn’t work for me at all.

I'm brewing a beer called "Fuming Incense Stenchure" (its a line from the Frank Zappa song "Camarlillo Brillo")

Its going to be a very weird one

I want the beer to have a the vibe of a bunch of hippies in a drum circle at a campfire smoking something dank while schwillin a tasty IPA

I'm going to use Papazian's yeast WLP1983 & ferment it very cool.

For hops, I'm going to mostly use Amarillo, but with a small touch of Mosaic & Chinook for Dankness.

Latest posts

Back