SMASH beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garagebrewski

Reaction score
Made a smash beer the other day any thoughts? I never made one or tries one

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ive made a few...

MO/Simcoe - Vienna/Palisade - 2-Row/Azacca

I like making them as they allow you to get a good feel for just the hops and malt flavors and aromas.

Recently made a UK 2-Row and Citra.

I have the ingredients on hand for a 2 row/Centennial SMaSH, just haven't brewed it yet.

I just made two smash beers. I used the same mash and ran off into two kettles, then hopped with different hops.

They should be ready to keg in the next couple of days.

What I have found from SMaSH's is that I do not like 100% MO or 100% UK 2-Row beers, specifically English-style IPAs. The flavor of MO is more "grainy," if you will. UK 2-row is a little grainy as well but not as heavy as MO.

I just made two smash beers. I used the same mash and ran off into two kettles, then hopped with different hops.

They should be ready to keg in the next couple of days.

That's a good idea I would prolly do something like that next time

What I have found from SMaSH's is that I do not like 100% MO or 100% UK 2-Row beers, specifically English-style IPAs. The flavor of MO is more "grainy," if you will. UK 2-row is a little grainy as well but not as heavy as MO.

You might give Simpson's Golden Promise a try. Pricey, but a very nice smooth malt flavor.

Latest posts

Back