Smart cars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspector13

Reaction score
I live in Texas, the home of Rednecks with large trucks (I are one). I drive a F350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel truck. I know its not environmentally friendly so, save it. Now that the formalities are over with; who told these these ****ing dumb ass Smart Car drivers that they are bulletproof. They drive like they are invincible. Cutting in and out of traffic, hauling ass and aggressive driving is going to get their dumb asses DEAD. They need to stick their Smart Cars up their dumb ass and go hug a tree.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing. Thank You

PS, I may add to this after I have a few pints tonight.

I live in Texas, the home of Rednecks with large trucks (I are one). I drive a F350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel truck. I know its not environmentally friendly so, save it. Now that the formalities are over with; who told these these ****ing dumb ass Smart Car drivers that they are bulletproof. They drive like they are invincible. Cutting in and out of traffic, hauling ass and aggressive driving is going to get their dumb asses DEAD. They need to stick their Smart Cars up their dumb ass and go hug a tree.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing. Thank You

PS, I may add to this after I have a few pints tonight.

May I kindly say sir, directly from a smart car owner himself, eat $hit and die.
And I also own a 3/4 ton Ram 4WD, 10" lift on 38's, Detroit locker, Warn, etc.... Don't stereotype everyone based on a few.... That is not "smart".

i will agree part of my job is driving with 80,000lbs of weight on and its not just smart cars but most cars are retarded around semis and have no concept of us not being able to stop on a dime

This is one reason that I will not drive a SMART car or small vehicle for that matter.
fake-smartcar-crash.jpeg

Look at computers for the future of Smart cars...It used to be we had smart people using dumb terminals and now we have dumb people using smart terminals. Just like we used to have smart people driving dumb cars now we have...you can figure the rest out from here...

This is one reason that I will not drive a SMART car or small vehicle for that matter.
fake-smartcar-crash.jpeg

Everyone loves to regurgitate this crap. Take the initiative and do a little research, then look at the wheel.... smart cars have 3 lugs for one. Two, no smart car has ever shipped with that type of wheel. A tragedy, yes. A smart car it ain't.

For that matter, put a large SUV between two loaded trucks and see how well it fares.... I don't think there will be too much difference.

Look at computers for the future of Smart cars...It used to be we had smart people using dumb terminals and now we have dumb people using smart terminals. Just like we used to have smart people driving dumb cars now we have...you can figure the rest out from here...

And I shall take this opportunity to say **** you too.

Next.

Everyone loves to regurgitate this crap. Take the initiative and do a little research, then look at the wheel.... smart cars have 3 lugs for one. Two, no smart car has ever shipped with that type of wheel. A tragedy, yes. A smart car it ain't.

For that matter, put a large SUV between two loaded trucks and see how well it fares.... I don't think there will be too much difference.

+1 bull putting labels on smart car isn't right there are lots of assh0les out there in all vehicles that take the NASCAR approach to driving i.E. the whole road is there for a reason I am going to use it all to go as fast as i can F everyone around me saving 9 seconds by driving like a ****** makes all the differerne dont they know i have somewhere really important to be.

love the image name:

"fake-smartcar-crash.jpeg"

Apparently that vehicle was photoshopped in. Nonetheless, I would not want to be driving one these things and have a wreck, even with the rigid steel body. Go to youtube and check out some videos of these thing crashing.

All of the chiding aside, there is a lot to be said about a car you can carry with you.....think of the parking money you can save.

I have not really seen any jackassery with Smart car drivers out here, however the Prius drivers out here need to be shot, maybe even set on fire, they get to use the carpool lanes because they are an alt fuel vehicle, and they will slice clear across 4 lanes to get there while going 10 under the speed limit and cutting people off while doing it, if there is no carpool lane it can be relied on that they are in the left lane going slower then the far right lane traffic, sitting at a red light trying to turn right like the dozen other cars behind you, no traffic coming and it is not a no right on red intersection yet there they sit waiting for a green light? yup its usually a Prius. It's to the point now that I get angry at the mere sight of one.

I agree, these little hippies need to get real cars. Why would anyone want to save gas and have an easy time getting a parking spot when cruising around town. It's time we all start driving full sized and over sized pickups despite never hauling more than a 10-speed. Get a real car Bull. I bet you turn your TV and lights off when you leave the house too, tell your wife to shave her arm pits hippies.

Oh, and we all know it's not the soccer mom's on their cell phones driving full size SUV's that are really the dangerous ones out there. I mean, the bigger your car, the less attention you have to pay when operating it right?

:p

You know what I saw the other day? A big-ass Hummer with a personalize license plate that said "GUZZLR."

Now, I'm not much of a hippie. Pretty far from it. I drive a fuel-efficient Civic, but mostly because we wanted cheap transport that would hold its value and be reliable, much more than any environmental concern.

That GUZZLR plate, though... that just struck me as a big ol' EFF YOU! I'm not one to advocate environmental terrorism, but I really wanted to set their goddamn car on fire.

I agree, these little hippies need to get real cars. Why would anyone want to save gas and have an easy time getting a parking spot when cruising around town. It's time we all start driving full sized and over sized pickups despite never hauling more than a 10-speed. Get a real car Bull. I bet you turn your TV and lights off when you leave the house too, tell your wife to shave her arm pits hippies.

Oh, and we all know it's not the soccer mom's on their cell phones driving full size SUV's that are really the dangerous ones out there. I mean, the bigger your car, the less attention you have to pay when operating it right?

:p

Ok. I am having a Gila moment here. I got nothing. :D

if a smart car is passing you on the highway, then your truck sux more than just gas. There's a gas pedal on your truck. It's the one on the right; use it.

If you wanna see bad drivers, go buy a motorcycle and your eyes will open up real quick.

:D :p

if a smart car is passing you on the highway, then your truck sux more than just gas. There's a gas pedal on your truck. It's the one on the right; use it.

If you wanna see bad drivers, go buy a motorcycle and your eyes will open up real quick.

:D :p

yea well this thing hauls ass

Last edited by a moderator:

Word to ya mothers brothers on that. And people say it's us who drive bad. We aint bad driving. We're evading you other nuts.

That smart car aint too smart. For the same money you can get more car with near the same mpg.

I've wondered how those smart cars pass safety ratings, then I figured that they don't really test your car vs. an SUV, just your car vs. a wall... so doesn't exactly simulate real life. If I were to drive one of those smart cars I'd drive it just like I ride my motorcycle, have to watch out for everyone else, as they don't see you. I don't even ride the bike in town anymore, not fun to ride in traffic so it is not worth the risk (unless the car is broken).

You just have to be stupid driving those thing over the speed limit and cutting in and out of traffic. Its like they think they are on a sport bike. They seem to all be driven by lady's, fat lady's (that need a shoehorn to get their big asses in the car) and/or gray headed. All stupid.

I've wondered how those smart cars pass safety ratings, then I figured that they don't really test your car vs. an SUV, just your car vs. a wall... so doesn't exactly simulate real life. If I were to drive one of those smart cars I'd drive it just like I ride my motorcycle, have to watch out for everyone else, as they don't see you. I don't even ride the bike in town anymore, not fun to ride in traffic so it is not worth the risk (unless the car is broken).

Crash tests and saftey ratings are performed and taken against cars in its own class. So it has a 5 star crash rating against itself, yet against a 2500HD its probably got a 5 star death rating. I run in a Z28 and a 2500HD. Idiot drivers exist everywhere from brainless lane splitting bikers to lunatic truck drivers. The idiots seem to come out of the woodwork once I hook up a trailer to my truck and load 10K pounds of weight onto it. its like a moron magnet!

Only frontal ratings are by weight class. Rollover and side impacts are standardized across all vehicles. I've noticed that sole rollovers, flips and utility pole accidents are very heavily biased to big 4x4s and SUVs. If I lose power, guaranteed there's a pickup or SUV wrapped around the pole.

(Of course, a Smart car isn't big enough to go all the way around!)

Huh. So everyone that drives a smart car is an out-of-control hippie and everyone driving a quad-cab F450 is an environment-hating redneck?

Perhaps this belongs in the debate forums :p

lol, my roommate's girlfriend just told me that I should move out of California because I used the word "ghey". I guess she understands the meaning of that word as much as she understands the meaning of the word "tolerance".

Now THAT is a hippie.

Smaller, faster, similar MPG (46). My kind of car.

Anyone else think we should use GPCM (Gallons per 100 miles) instead of MPG?

Smart car: 2 GPCM
Ford F350FX4 off road super duty: 11 GPCM.

So, in a day of heavy driving (100 miles), say a doctor's appointment and some Grocery shopping, maybe a quick trip out to a restaurant, you could use 2 gallons of gas or 11.

It really is the suburban housebytchwives that are the problem, starbucks in one hand, cellphone in the other, driving with their knees on the winding subdivision roads.

Back