Smallest Chest Freezer for 2 Ball-lock kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHAFER

Reaction score
I'm looking to build a kegerator for my small San Francisco apartment, and I want to use a chest freezer. I have all the pieces, BUT the fridge. I have 2 ball lock kegs that I plan to keep in the fridge with a 5 lb CO2. Has anyone had any luck with anything below 4 cubic feet? I've found the IGLOO 3.6 cu ft on Walmart/Home Depot.....but I dont know the interior dimension. I feel like it MIGHT fit the 2 kegs below...and the CO2 on the hump....but I cant find the interior dimensions anywhere! I do not want the exterior dimensions to exceed 24"x24".

I use the Oster just like this one https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/oster-mini-fridge-102930

The gas goes on the compressor hump and the two cornies fit without issue, although I did have to move the thermostat control up, but that was only two screws. I started with one tap out the front and then put the tower on. Some of the new models have a freezer compartment, the one I have is older and does not have a freezer.

image-57043786.jpg

Attachments

• image-1964419720.jpg
    image-1964419720.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 496
Back