Smaller Extract Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZFrag

Reaction score
I have been making 5 gallon brews. I have 2 pulls on my keezer and 10 gallons of beer is just too much for me. I have been wasting good beer. I was wondering if anyone has recipes or extract kits for smaller brews? 1 or 2.5 gallon brews?

Thanks for your input.

Just cut a 5 gallon recipe in half to get 2.5 gallons. I think Northern Brewer has started selling 1 gallon kits.

I bottle and I recently realized that 5 gallons was too much as well when I discovered I had over 400 beers in my downstairs closet. Gonna start doing 1-3 gallon batches from now on.

I have been making 5 gallon brews. I have 2 pulls on my keezer and 10 gallons of beer is just too much for me. I have been wasting good beer. I was wondering if anyone has recipes or extract kits for smaller brews? 1 or 2.5 gallon brews?

Thanks for your input.

Beer recipes are completely scalable. Just take a 5 gallon kit and make half at a time. This works great if you're using DME, as it stays fresh longer than LME.

If you just want recipes, find ANY extract recipe and just scale it to whatever volume you want. e.g. if the recipe is for 5 gal, and you want 2.5 gal, just cut everything in half.

I've adapted all sorts of recipes for 1, 2, 2.5, and 4 gallon scales. I rarely brew 5 gal at a time anymore for the same reasons as you, I just can't drink it all, and I want to try different brews.

Latest posts

Back