small batch fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char005

Reaction score
Here is a handy tip for those small batch apartment brewers out there. I got some of these buckets in the link below to ferment my 3 gallon batches. They are 4 gallons so there is not too much headspace and the square shape makes these much more efficient for those with space concerns. They are about 10 inches wide and only a little over a foot tall so they fit great in dorm fridges or even your 5 gallon mash tun for a swamp cooler if you want. I love them for my uses. Only concern is the lid is kind of a b*tch to get off but you will get used to them after a bit. Plus 5.50 for the bucket and 1.50 for the lid makes them an awesome deal as well. Just drill a 1/2" hole in the lid and a rubber grommet from an ale pale fits right in to secure your air lock.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23471&catid=818

Also depending on how small batch you are, you can usually get 2 gallon icing buckets from local bakeries for nearly free if not free. Just ask.

Latest posts

Back